How Can We Improve Your Stalker Roleplay Experience?

Started by Silver Knight, 02-03-2009

nKe

Quote from: lolKieck on 12-06-2012
Quote from: Gonztah on 12-06-2012
Some ways for non bandit stalkers to make money other than sitting on their asses farming paychecks (And collecting junk worth 15 rubles once an hours unless you're lucky)

Encourage traders to actually spend their money on the economy rather than hoarding it and make admins do events for players.

traders need to hand more jobs

See above.

some admins should get more active as well

SRP needs new admins and the inactive ones should be booted.

most importantly MUTANT ACTIVITY please

What's the point of hunting people when they can call backup in PM or radio in one /me and /radio?

RaptorKiller

I'm not sure if it has been asked before, but could we add a few more songs for the guitar? I know we don't have a real guitar swep yet,
but when using the guitar in-game, it could just select a random song from a list full with S.T.A.L.K.E.R guitar tracks. I could also upload
a list of all S.T.A.L.K.E.R guitar tracks if needed

Ket

Already requested that, apparently we don't need more songs cause they take long time to download.

Hence the already huge ass content pack that we have to download, which the sounds don't even work.
(°╭ ◡ ╮°)

RaptorKiller

Well, that's too bad :/

The only request left is auto spawn points for enemy NPCs, but that was already asked and never done :v ...
It's like you join SRP and 5 people are already on. After failing at finding someone, one and then a second player leaves.
And after a few more minutes everyone else leaves..
I mean, the only time when people aren't immediately leaving is when there is an event, because everyone is involved in a mission or in a task somehow..
That's what people need and not only when there is an event every once in a while.. A main goal or at least something that automaticly happens without
the need of a second player, like auto anomalies, that drop artifacts once in a while, enemy NPCs being automaticly spawned in dangerous areas or anything else that keeps people busy
or involved in major conflicts/issues. "This Zone" has been too friendly anyways, but you probably have your reasons for not creating anything like that ( -> "Auto-Stuff")  :>

I know this is suppose to be Serious RP and not an action adventrue game mode, but even with a few players on the server, people switch later on to OOC chitchatting and start to do random shit,
because nothing is happening... Not saying that I am getting bored, it's just that other people leave after several minutes

Obviously I'm just the new guy, and everyone else already made his/her point about this, but... Eh :I Just sayin'

jaik

SRP is in need of a very strong reform already. I don't think there's much use in suggesting very small/minor additions.
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

Gonztah

The idea of auto spawning artifacts wouldn't work, anyone with a physgun could just sit on the empty server camping the anomaly, collecting the artifacts, leading to the breakdown of the economy (Once again.)

Khorn

Quote from: Gonztah on 24-07-2012
The idea of auto spawning artifacts wouldn't work, anyone with a physgun could just sit on the empty server camping the anomaly, collecting the artifacts, leading to the breakdown of the economy (Once again.)

Maybe, but then they run the risk of a TT ban or full out ban.

And it'd be better if it had a script where a number of players would need to be on to actually spawn artifacts.

Gonztah

Perhaps if they were invisible until you got close up with a detector, but then again the anomalies in SRP can't be approached like in the stalker games, you'd just die.

RaptorKiller

I'm not sure if things like that can be even scripted and applied to the server or if it's too much work, but..
Artifacts should be auto-spawned around 7/45 players, but just rarely. After another player joins the spawn rate increases slightly and
if one leaves it decreases. Just slowly though. It depends on how many anomalies a map has, but I'm sure there is an easy formula for that
+ bigger spawn radius for artifacts around anomalies, so you can pick them up safely and make artifacts be ungrabable items for phys guns

There is probably a better solution for this, but a Stalker without artifacts to find is like a headhunter without criminals to hunt down :v It would be "task-giving"

Silver Knight

Quote from: RaptorKiller on 25-07-2012
I'm not sure if things like that can be even scripted and applied to the server or if it's too much work, but..
Artifacts should be auto-spawned around 7/45 players, but just rarely. After another player joins the spawn rate increases slightly and
if one leaves it decreases. Just slowly though. It depends on how many anomalies a map has, but I'm sure there is an easy formula for that
+ bigger spawn radius for artifacts around anomalies, so you can pick them up safely and make artifacts be ungrabable items for phys guns

There is probably a better solution for this, but a Stalker without artifacts to find is like a headhunter without criminals to hunt down :v It would be "task-giving"

We already have artifact spawning features but admins don't take advantage of this.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Gonztah

My roleplay experience would be considerably better if I could cross the swamps without getting rads. I swear there ain't a single crossing point that isn't radiated to high hell. Vodka is quite affordable but being forced to buy a bottle or two every single time you have to go over the swamp will drain the rookie money extremely fast (Or so it would if there were any traders on, instead you just die of radiation.)

Lent23

Quote from: Gonztah on 04-08-2012
My roleplay experience would be considerably better if I could cross the swamps without getting rads. I swear there ain't a single crossing point that isn't radiated to high hell. Vodka is quite affordable but being forced to buy a bottle or two every single time you have to go over the swamp will drain the rookie money extremely fast (Or so it would if there were any traders on, instead you just die of radiation.)
It's a swamp
"Mommy, when is Daddy coming home?"
"Here, Alex.. Daddy sent us a package.. The soldier told us that it.. might be a while until Daddy's done with his service. Don't worry, you'll see him soon, Alex.."
"He's always gone! I never get to see him!"

Maxi96203

Quote from: Lent23 on 04-08-2012
It's a swamp

yeah dude
let me just
take my geiger counter out to Louisiana
i wonder how they even survive out there
must be bloodsuckers

P.S.

so was ALL OF ZATON
and the swamp in CS
ASSHOLE DESCRIPTION FOR PREMIUM™ HGN™ SUBSCRIBERS™ ONLY

Lent23

Quote from: Maxi96203 on 04-08-2012
It's a swamp

yeah dude
let me just
must be bloodsuckers

P.S.

so was ALL OF ZATON
and the swamp in CS
It's a swamp in a post-apocalyptic irradiated area.
Did you not notice all the radiation and anomalies inside the CS swamp? If you walk into the water, you get instantly irradiated.
"Here, Alex.. Daddy sent us a package.. The soldier told us that it.. might be a while until Daddy's done with his service. Don't worry, you'll see him soon, Alex.."

Maxi96203

Quote from: Maxi96203 on 04-08-2012
It's a swamp

yeah dude
let me just
must be bloodsuckers

P.S.

so was ALL OF ZATON
and the swamp in CS
It's a swamp in a post-apocalyptic irradiated area.
Did you not notice all the radiation and anomalies inside the CS swamp? If you walk into the water, you get instantly irradiated.

SENSE?!?!?!?!!?!?
ASSHOLE DESCRIPTION FOR PREMIUM™ HGN™ SUBSCRIBERS™ ONLY

Khorn

I don't know what's wrong with y'all but I can cross that swamp in style.

Who needs a Geiger counter when you got swag.

Silver Knight

There are routes through the swamp. It's not entirely radiated. It may be worth investing in a high-tier detector as they can detect radiation.

Gonztah

Quote from: Last.Exile on 05-08-2012

There are routes through the swamp. It's not entirely radiated. It may be worth investing in a high-tier detector as they can detect radiation.

There are? Huh, well that's odd because all the logical ones (The ones where you don't have to swim through it) are radiated as far as I know. (Can't really test with trial and error, also high tier detectors are damn expensive, not like there are any traders on the server selling them anyway though.)

Lent23

Quote from: Gonztah on 05-08-2012
Quote from: Last.Exile on 05-08-2012

There are? Huh, well that's odd because all the logical ones (The ones where you don't have to swim through it) are radiated as far as I know. (Can't really test with trial and error, also high tier detectors are damn expensive, not like there are any traders on the server selling them anyway though.)
Get people on and I'll come on

lolKieck

Quote from: Khorn on 04-08-2012
I don't know what's wrong with y'all but I can cross that swamp in style.

Who needs a Geiger counter when you got swag.
I think you are contradicting yourself.
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

Khorn

By swag, I mean tight loot. I'm like a walking treasure chest.

Tom

Quote from: Khorn on 05-08-2012

Its too bad I never took a screen shot of my inventory and how much money I got. I'd be able to make a "Bitch Please" picture.
Quote from: TheAndyShandy on 05-12-2013
Oh boy.
Strap yourselves in, it's time for the great 'obligatory' SRP resurrection of 2013/14/15/16/22

lolKieck

How did you get so much money when you were not able to get on SRP?
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

Silver Knight

Quote from: Tom on 05-08-2012

Its too bad I never took a screen shot of my inventory and how much money I got. I'd be able to make a "Bitch Please" picture.

Admin spawned and through nitro's character dying.

KingArthur

Suggestion: People log on when admins are on DOING things. Admins job 80% of the time should be making other people's lives enjoyable by doing things like small events. it dosn't need to be major, but admins make it enjoyable for players.

ofc, I have been admin too long and have lost the will to do so, but I used to.