Re: -=Duty=- Applications: OPEN

Started by Otto, 05-11-2010

Dug

Applications open due to removal of inactive member. Accepting one more member.

Ace of Hearts

Applications are now OPEN

We are looking for ONE new applicant, as one of our members have been inactive for some time, and has now been removed.

Applications will remain open until this applicant is found, and then will be closed again.

gnomebutts

Out-Of-Character Information

Steam Friends Name: Furie

STEAM ID: I will get that for you ASAP.

Timezone: EST.

How long have you been roleplaying?: Close to four years at various different communities; vast majority at the military-themed Starship Troopers roleplay.

How long have you played on the server?: A few weeks now.

Have you played any of the three S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games?: Part of the first one.

Do you have any IRL military knowladge?: A substantial amount.

Can you follow orders?: Of course.

Recommendations:
None.

In-Character Information

Name:
Jakiv Prutko

Skill set: A mentally robust and physically strong young man. He would be suited to any kind of grunt work. He is an ambitious young man who has shown an aptitude for leadership in his youth. 

Backstory:

Jakiv Prutko was born to a working class family in Kiev. He lived with his mother, a homemaker, his father, a factory lineworker, and his three younger brothers. Life was hard growing up; Jakiv's father was a drunkard who had trouble keeping a job, and his mother was a selfish woman who was apathetic towards her family.

Being the oldest of four boys, Jakiv had to take charge and keep his brothers in line. With their father's drunkenness and their mother's apathy, Jakiv was the only one who took real interest in the well-being of his younger brothers. He made sure they were fed, behaving themselves and doing their schoolwork.

Even although his father was a drunken failure, Jakiv still loved him dearly. His father was a jolly, loving man who tried his hardest to stay in his family's good graces. He wasn't strong enough to control his drinking habit. Jakiv's mother was disgusted by her husband. She began an affair with a wealthy businessman. The affair was discovered two years later by Jakiv's father. He was devastated, sinking even further into the clutches of alcoholism. His died four years later due to liver complications. He lived the last years of his life as a cuckolded shell of a man, retreating into himself and his liquor while his wife continued the affair shamelessly. Jakiv grew to hate his mother, abhorred by her infidelity and selfishness.  Jakiv and his family moved in with his mother's lover following the death of their father. Jakiv hated the man. They clashed immediately. It wasn't long before verbal arguments turned into physical abuse. Jakiv was a child, powerless against a grown man. He did his best to hide the bruises and tears from his brothers and his schoolmates, now determined to rise above his current station.

He applied himself in school and got excellent marks, especially in the study of literature and rhetoric. He graduated with multiple scholarship opportunities. He declined them all. He went to the Ukranian Army recruiting office, aspiring to be an officer. He was turned down due to over-staffing.

It was only natural that Jakiv found himself in the Zone two months later. He needed to do something drastic in order to leave his past troubles behind and move on with his life. It was also only natural that Jakiv pursue his military ambition through enrollment in DUTY. He filled out an application and submitted it, crossing his fingers and praying for acceptance.

Jakiv is an eager young man with an impressionable mind. He longs to be part of something bigger than himself and devote his life to an ideal. He believes in DUTY's philosophy of the Zone's need for purging.

Faction Related Information

What is Duty?: DUTY is a paramilitary faction whose mission is to purge the Zone of its undesirable inhabitants. It sees the Zone as a bad thing that must be controlled and cleaned.

Why do you wish to join Duty?: The military and military roleplay is something that I have always enjoyed. With three years of SSTRP under my belt, military RP is what I know and love most. DUTY seems like the most interesting military faction. I like the idea of the zealous attitude towards the ideals of the faction.

Who is the DUTY leader?:
Col. Ivan Vitorsky.

Roleplay Knowladge

Describe Injury RP: The roleplay of injuries sustained by a character. The player must use /me to convey pain and emotion and to illustrate the extent of your wounds to players around you. Injury RP also means sacrificing certain roleplay opportunities for realism; ie. sitting out on a patrol because you have been shot in the leg. OOCly the temptation to shrug off an injury that would be debilitating to your character is great, but I believe it shows strength of character and maturity to accept injuries and roleplay them properly.

What is Metagaming: Using knowledge or information acquired OOC ICly. For example, if a Freedom player mentions an attack on DUTY base in OOC but no evidence of the attack is present ICly, if I were to act on what the Freedomer said OOCly I would be metagaming.

What is Metaspeak: I'm not entirely sure. I'm sure I don't do it though.

Describe RDM: Killing another player without reason or roleplay. Never excusable.

What is the difference between RDM and STK: RDM is the killing of another player without roleplay, STK is the killing of another player that makes sense in the context of the RP. For example, if Freedom and DUTY were to have a standoff, a fun and fair way to see who wins the battle would be to STK each other, if both parties are in agreement.

Can you take responsibility for your actions?:
Of course. It's something I always try to do.

- Your application is now pending. This means you will start as a Trainee, and be given a one week trial period to prove yourself.

- I expect you to place the Steam ID despite the application's pending status.

Ace of Hearts

Applications are now CLOSED. Unless Dug decides to deny Gnomebutts.

Non-application posts were removed.

Ace of Hearts

So many changes with the application status.

Applications are now OPEN.

THREE applicant slots are available. Once these three applicants have been found, the apps will, again, revert to being closed.

ThePirateMan

Steam Friends Name: The Pirate Man

STEAM ID: STEAM_0:0:27041131

Timezone: GMT+1

How long have you been roleplaying?: I've been seriously roleplaying for 4 years.

How long have you played on the server?: Only a couple of days, I have RPed on other Gmod RP servers though.

Have you played any of the three S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games?: I've played SoC and I'm about to play CoP once a certain mod comes out.

Do you have any IRL military knowladge?: Not much.

Can you follow orders?: Sir, yes, sir.

Recommendations:
Ramirez/S-Sldr. Ioann Ferapont
http://i53.tinypic.com/5v6595.png%5B/IMG%5D

In-Character Information

Name:
Vladimir Krostnov

Skill set: He's trained in the use of both shotguns and rifles. Although on animals rather then human beings, but it's better then nothing, right?

Backstory: Vladimir grew up in a small disclosed village, away from the zone and the industrial cities. His mother was a retired teacher and his father was a hunter. He was raised to walk in his father's footsteps from the start, by not going to school and instead being home teached. Fortunately his mother was able to give him good enough education as she was a former teacher and his father teached him about the wild, the animals in it and how to use a rifle and shotgun. Vladimir got a very naive look on the world from living in this small friendly village and with such loving and close parents. But eventualy the wildlife began to deteriorate, mostly people blamed it on the Chernobyl disaster.

Ultimately, the wildlife became too meager and the family could no longer support itself out in the village, so they moved to the nearest city, seeking work in the industries there. His mother turned terminally ill on the way there and once they arrived, Vlad's dreams of a wonderful metropolis was crushed by the dirty, corrupted hellhole he found before himself. Even in the city, they struggled to support themselves and to keep his mother alive. His father worked both day and night in desperation to gather the money needed to support his family. He went ill of work-exhaustion and he and his wife moved off to try and live with distant family in grief and painful illness. Vladimir refused to leave his old life behind entirely to live off of family and chose to say in the stupid pride of self-support that his father had given him, yet he felt hopeless, all he had was some rubles and the family's shotgun.

But he had heard rumors about the source of his pain and great riches, the zone. He thought he would only follow in his father's footsteps if he remained in the city and promptly signed up with a band of "helpful treasure hunters", who would smuggle him into the zone. But he ended up being robbed by these men, losing all his possessions, including his clothing and was thrown off at the border of the zone. With no where to go, he desperately made his way into the zone, through barb-wire, swamps and other bothersome things and fortunately found a camp of dead stalkers on his way and was able to retrieve a pistol , some medical supplies and rubles. Oh, and ofcourse, clothing. He then ventured onward, angered at how his life had turned and now paranoid of other human beings due to the earlier experiences. Fortune smiled upon him a second time as he found a Duty base where he was welcomed by Ioann Feraport and told more about the zone and it's inhabitants. The concept of Duty, to destroy the source of his pain, appealed to Vlad and he sought to join them. He was given a form to fill in which he has now turned in..

What is Duty?: A paramilitary organization that, bluntly put, wants to get rid of the zone and it's offsprings. (Mutants, zombies and.. that kinda stuff.)

Why do you wish to join Duty?: My character agrees with the idea of cleaning up the zone and you seem like nice people. I also can't find anything else appealing for my character.

Who is the DUTY leader?:
Ivan Viktorsky

Roleplay Knowladge

Describe Injury RP: When a character is hurt in RP he acts out the effects of the injury. Such as falling down on his face when he's shot in the knees from behind while trying to run away.

What is Metagaming: Using OOC information in RP. This can be anything from in some games using the name tag instead of asking for the name IC or to more serious cases, when, say.. Tommy reads the military forum pages and discovers that they're planning a secret attack on Freedom and then acts as if he knows this in character with no way of his character actualy knowing it and at the very worst, tells everyone else about it.

What is Metaspeak: Using WTF, LOL and other 1337 speak and otherwise unsuitable langauge in RP

Describe RDM: Killing someone for no IC reason whatsoever.

What is the difference between RDM and STK: STK is pretty much the opposite, your killing has some sort of motivation, reasoning and mostly purpose in RP. Most importantly it has approval by both sides of the conflict.

Can you take responsibility for your actions?: Ofcourse.

Your application is now pending. You will be given a one week trial period with which to prove yourself.
I'm not a huge fan of first-post applications, but this applications are decent, so I'm giving you a shot. Don't mess anything up. - Ace

Roy

Steam Friends Name: Sith121
STEAM ID:

Timezone: Est

How long have you been roleplaying?: 3 years.

How long have you played on the server?: 3 months
Have you played any of the three S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games?: Yeah.

Do you have any IRL military knowledge?: A lot.

Can you follow orders?: Yup.

Recommendations:
None

In-Character Information

Name:
Shiltene Mickocky

Skill set: Assault or Recon

Backstory: I just woke up in the zone with a note to go see Ivan Viktorsky

What is Duty?: Duty, unlike Freedom, views the Zone as something bad. They are made up of people who wish to purge the land, not open it for all. That is what they are.

Why do you wish to join Duty?:I never see any on.

Who is the DUTY leader?:
Ivan Viktorsky

Roleplay Knowledge

Describe Injury RP: It is the role playing of an injury, both internal and external.

What is Metagaming: Role playing knowledge gained from an outside source which your character would not have known otherwise.

What is Metaspeak: No idea.

Describe RDM: It is randomly killing someone without roleplay.

What is the difference between RDM and STK: RDM is when you just kill someone for the sake of killing. STK is when you kill someone, but it had RP involved.

Can you take responsibility for your actions?: Yup.

GeneralGold

Steam Friends Name: Goldboy :D

STEAM ID: STEAM_0:0:38182363

Timezone: Eastern Standard Time U.S

How long have you been roleplaying?: MANY years on different games.

How long have you played on the server?: Quite a while, i'm not new for sure.

Have you played any of the three S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games?: Chernobyl and Pripyat.

Do you have any IRL military knowladge?: If ROTC counts, then yes.

Can you follow orders?: Yes, sir! (I use to be in this RP's military so i'm use to it.)

Recommendations: [THG[ Turkey

In-Character Information

Name: Adrian Vanof

Skill Set: Sub-Machine Specialty, Calm, Trained in stealth.

Backstory:

Adrian Vanof was born in a small town in Igarka and was in a low-classed family. He had no brother, just grown up with a mother and a busy Father who was always at work in a machinery factory. He loved to play paintball but was to poor to buy all the expensive equipment needed. He mostly stayed at home and only went outside to play baseball with his friends or to borrow his friends paintball gun. He was never good at school, but loved science and specialized in it for college. His parents could barely pay for his college, and with all the money they spent he flunked out of college, he had nothing else to do but sign up for the Military.

Joining the military, he was sent to ukraine to something called The Zone that was heard to be home of a nuclear disaster. He was sent by plane and dropped off at a small warehouse that the Military set up for. He was sent on scouting missions with many of his comrades, including Major Nikolai who was his best friend. He hated the cruel way they excacuted Freedomers or even just lone S.T.A.L.K.E.R.S that was wondering through sector three. He can't forget all the times Nikolai or even Lt. Sandman excacuted a man with a machete. At the middle of the night, he hopped the fence and escaped to Sector two warehouse. He ripped off all of his military clothes, and threw it inside a anomaly. Being a S.T.A.L.K.E.R for many weeks, he then found a small group of men in a black suit. Back in freedom, he heard them talking about a hostile group called DUTY, who kills all threats to the zone.

He always stayed at there underground bar, trying to find out who is the leader of the faction. He saw a person named Alexya who seemed to run the place, easy to tell of her rank and bodyguards behind her. He was to nervous to join, but found out that they are desperate for new recruits at the moment, and found this as a great time to sign up for the DUTY. He sent an application he had kept in his bag for many weeks desperately waiting for his reply, sitting at the bar staring at the suited men, knowing that he belongs here.

What Are Duty?: DUTY is a large group of stalkers who live by a code, Lethal anomalies, Dangerous mutants, Anarchists and bandits, They will not stop Duty on it's triumphant march to save this planet and it's citizens! they were originaly Military troops. Duty fights the horrors of the zone including Freedom who believe that the zone is benificial and fights bandits and mercenaries, but mostly the dangerous mutants. They are worried that the mutants can escape and bring terror to all of ukraine, or even the world. All the artifacts are passed on to the ecologists, who believe that they will be in better hands then selling it to a trader.

Why do you wish to join Duty?: As you can see, DUTY is very in-active at the moment and i want to help them regain there power over sector two. Also alot of people i know was in the DUTY and use to be, with many people encouraging new recruits to join. Besides, i hate everything they hate mostly Mutants, i do wish to truly wipe them out before they can infect the world.(The first reason is old)

Who is the DUTY Leader?:Ivan Viktorsky

Roleplay Knowladge

Describe Injury RP: Injury RP is if you get in shot, you can't just walk it off, you have to roleplay it out as in, /me cluntches his knee, mumbling curse words in russian with blood pouring out of his kneecap.

What is Metagaming: Metagaming is using OOC information for IC

What is Metaspeak: Metaspeak is when you use emoticons and short sentences with poor grammar.

Describe RDM: Random death match, it means when you walk up to someone and shoot there head off with no reason, no idea who they even are and have no reason to.

What is the difference between RDM and S2K: S2K has to be approved by everyone in the firefight, why RDM is just plain shooting them with no reason and them not saying anything about it what so ever.

Can you take responsibility for your actions?:Yes i can, i've done it many times.

- I want to see you roleplay in game. - Dug
Henry Warlington|Ecologist|Active
'Sheperd'|Mercenary|Active
'Danger'|Bandit|Away

Dug

Applications are open again. Only two positions remains open.

PacMan502

Steam Friends Name:Pac Man

STEAM ID: STEAM_0:0:13683554

Timezone:GMT -4

How long have you been roleplaying?:Six years.

How long have you played on the server?:Two years, though four or five months actively.

Have you played any of the three S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games?:Erm...does beating them all on at least two run-throughs count?

Do you have any IRL military knowladge?:Most knowledge of the U.S.M.C I know, some Navy and a lot of U.S Army.

Can you follow orders?:'Course.

Recommendations:Dug, said no picture was required

In-Character Information

Name:Wolodymyr 'House' Zolyar

Skill set: Extensive First Aid, Bacterial Treatment, Triage.

Backstory:Wolodymyr was born in Khirkiv, Ukraine, it's a very large city, both his mother and father being doctors at the hospital in the city, giving him large perks as a child. His mother decided to take smaller shifts to spend more time with her son, but his father did not follow this, staying involved in work much more than his child's life, his father and him were never close, but him and his mother were. Wolodymyr had already taken a keen interest in medical procedures, so at the age of twelve he asked his mother if she would show him some procedures, his mother excitedly agreed, watching medical procedures on tape with him. As this ongoing interest in medical treatment grew, at the age of eighteen, he decided to go to medical school.
Eight years down the road, he passed Pre-medical school and medical school at the top of his class, but throughout his schooling, he had already taken a keen interest in the military, though whenever he brought it up his parents refused to listen to such things, as they believed the military was not a necessity in there life. Six months after his residency began, he had decided to enlist in the military despite his parent's wishes, and so he did.
Three months after his training, he was assigned to be transferred to a border-checkpoint, completing his combat aptitude above average, but was not incredibly remarkable. The assignment lasted one year, consisting of bacterial and infection treatments, hearing gun-fire every now and then from someone trying to access the zone, having to fire at and kill multiple persons in his assignment . After the permanent medical officer arrived, he expected to go to a military base, but to his surprise he was transferred into the zone.
As his military career continued, he began seeing a lack in military presence, a lack of guards at the gate, he shrugged this off for the time, but never let it leave his mind. As this continued he began seeing no Officers, only normal soldier, the highest rank's being Senior Soldiers, which were himself and his friend, Alex. One day he decided to read reports only classified to soldiers in the zone, his immediate interest was in something called 'Duty'. As he continued to read, he began thinking the military had deemed them expendable, as attacks from even the least armed stalkers began becoming normal, he decided to leave the military base and go meet Duty, inviting his closest friend in the Military, Alex, to come with him. As they met the commander, surprised to see no sense of danger, expecting to be shot at as a first thought. As they talked to the Captain, not the commander as he originally thought, it became apparent to him that he would be better off here with Duty, and without hesitation, he accepted the Captain's opportunity to join.

What is Duty?: A paramilitary group of stalkers who came first into the zone as military recon soldiers and were left to die. Those who survived created a stalker clan called Duty which would become a dominating stalker clan who fought to destroy the horrors of the zone and the zone it self.

Why do you wish to join Duty?:Well, it is my faction in Clear Sky, but the main reason is there cause, it's the only one that makes sense to me out of all the major factions.

Who is the DUTY leader?:Dug

Roleplay Knowladge

Describe Injury RP: Injury is RP is when your character is injured, whether it be a major or minor injury, Role playing the injury.

What is Metagaming: Using OOC information to gain advantages or something of this sort in IC.

What is Metaspeak: Shit like 'lol, xd, xD, >.>, lmao, gtfo, rofl, rofl copter goes swoosh swoosh swoosh."

Describe RDM: Randomly killing someone in a STK without consent of STK or any reason in IC.

What is the difference between RDM and STK: RDM both parties do not agree to and there is not a IC reason, STK is consent from both parties and there is a legitimate reason Icly.

Can you take responsibility for your actions?:Mhm.

mikeywrenn

Steam Friends Name: MikeyWrenn

STEAM ID: STEAM_0:1:27013761

Timezone: GMT +0

How long have you been roleplaying?:
I have been role-playing for around a year and a half at this point, moving through different communities and game modes.

How long have you played on the server?:
I have been role-playing with Hyper Gaming Network for around six months.

Have you played any of the three S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games?:
Yes, I've play Shadow of Chernobyl.

Do you have any IRL military knowledge?:
Yes, I am currently an Officer Candidate for the Royal Navy and I am looking to study within the Ministry Of Defense Sixth Form.

Can you follow orders?:
Should that order be possible and sensible, yes.

Recommendations:

-[Unneeded apparently]-

In-Character Information

Name:
Alexandr Baranski

Skill set: Trained Marksman; read backstory.

Backstory:
[This is in-character]
Well, Captain, at the age of seventeen, I joined the Military. Might have been a mistake, but it got me somewhere, fast. That place may not have been the best place in the world, but it was away from the crap that I had to put up with. Anyway, I didn't really enjoy the training and such that I had to go through and at the beginning, well, I didn't do much.. anything right.. In my eyes, I'd have to do next to nothing and just get by, but I didn't really get much chance to screw around as I intended. I had the shit hitting the fan continuously, every day, until I was drilled into thinking that I had to do exactly as I was told.

By the time I finally gave a toss about what was going on, it came down to a testing period, where it would mean us either being booted or recruited. I had to work my ass off to get to the basic fitness mark, as I hadn't really tried at all during any of the training sessions. During those two weeks, I really became something that was worth being, I barely slept, and when I did, it was restless. Suffice to say, I managed to pass those tests, otherwise I wouldn't be sat here now. It only really got harder from then on, I had to go with even less sleep and attend even more drill and classes, and.. ugh.. makes me tired thinking about it.

When I had finally been through all of the basics and such, we were told that we were going to be back-up within the zone, after we had been given the appropriate knowledge and training. I must have been, say, twenty two, I can't even remember, when I had finally gotten through the in-depth and specialization-training for service within the zone. But, as luck would have it, my leave time came around as the others were set to be deployed, meaning I'd get one month at home. If I'm honest with you, the Zone is a lot friendlier than where I come from...

When the few of us that there were got dropped into the Zone, we ended up with Specter, back in the other sector. There was always something screwed-up back there. Such as that girl, the one that just left the base and walked off down to Freedom every-so-often and got away with it. I had to actually tell the Colonel about that, and even then I ended up getting accused of going AWOL myself... When we moved into this sector, things started going slowly downhill, basically turning our headquarters into a ghost town. People were leaving and not coming back, kind of like me and House now, eh. The base was pretty much held down by me, House and a few military Stalkers, which couldn't take orders at all. They would head out and capture a Freedomer, then bring them back and treat them like royalty. Well, then me and House just headed over here, and that's it.

What is Duty?:
DUTY is a faction that is attempting to secure the Zone, but doing it with a much more.. viable method than the Military are using. Their methods mostly consist of propaganda and giving Stalkers a safe haven, where they can be coaxed into DUTY's way of thinking.

Why do you wish to join Duty?:
I would like to join a much more active factions, as well as the fact that Dug is a pretty cool guy ;)

Who is the DUTY leader?:

That would be Dug, Captain Ivan Viktorsky.

Roleplay Knowledge

Describe Injury RP:
Injury role-play is when a character has been injured in some way and has to react to this. People may need to continue this for a while, as the wound heals or is being treated.

What is Metagaming:
Metagaming is the action where a player using information he gained by 'out of character' means, in an 'in character' situation.

What is Metaspeak:
Metaspeak is the use of Emoticons within 'In character' talk. I.e. "Shit! A Sucker got him xD!"

Describe RDM:
Random Death Match: A kill which had little or no point to it.

What is the difference between RDM and STK:
RDM- Where the victim had no idea that it was coming.
STK- Where the attacker had 'auths' to do so from either the opposing side or an appropriate staff member.

Yes I can.

[OOC] Aleksandr Makarov: When do you actually need Cullinary?
[OOC] Commissar Ruslan Turchin: Vat... are you trying to say cooking skill?
[OOC] Aleksandr Makarov: Yeah.
[OOC] Commissar Ruslan Turchin: It's for the women, of course. Which is why we don't see that skill much.

Dug

Applications are OPEN!

cgge

Steam Friends Name: cgge
STEAM ID:  STEAM_0:1:21825074
Timezone:How long have you been roleplaying?:  2 years

How long have you played on the server?: around 5 weeks
Have you played any of the three S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games?: clear sky and call of pripyat
Do you have any IRL military knowladge?: yes
Can you follow orders?:  yes
Recommendations: Pac man
In-Character Information
Name:  Ivan Rascalov

Skill set:Technician
Backstory:Ivan rascalov was born on a farm with his Father Valick And his mother Samantha. as he grew up he was getting very into mechanics sneaking some construction tools when his dad was not around or In the bathroom when they went out to buy farming equipment at the hardware store in town. When he got home he would useally hide the tools till nightfall then take them out and built things like chairs and such also repairing old ripped cloths. TEEN YEARS:in his teens Ivan went to school and joined woodshop along with other people interested in tools and crafting of various items  he learned the basics of crafting though he already knew the more advanced things. He passed the course with flying colors. Later in the summer the bully at the school came to Ivans house and teepeed his house and the barn. YOUNG ADULT YEARS: When Ivan was 20 he went to the hardware store like always to pick up some tools for himself and overheard 2 men talking about the zone and how people go there and come back with enough money to buy a mansion. Later in that day his Mother died from a heart attack while harvesting the crops. Ivan was in ruin he could not believe his mother was gone. He went to the hardware store as always when he heard two men talking of the zone they were saying all were accepted and how people get rich there. Ivan decided to go there and become rich and accepted. He told his father that he wanted to move to the zone and live there. Ivans father  Did not like this but he knew that his son was ready to move out and make his own decisions and to become an independent adult. He told ivan he would buy him a pistol and gave him 500 rubles to have a start in the zone and drove to the gun shop in town to buy him a Makarov pistol He came back to pick up Ivan to drive him to a town nearest to the zone and droped him off.  ZONE TIME: When he got into the zone Ivan was in the garbage unfamiliar with his surrondings when he approached the town he went into thwe bar to buy some vodka. He saw some people in there but not many not like before where it was so populated in the town outside of the zone he was shocked to see so little human presence..A few years in the zone he had been scarred a lot emotionally being almost killed by sorrow. He was scavengeing in the zone with some other stalker and a merc having a firefight with a zombie when sorrow came up to him and started to make him feel so sad that he almost killed himself..The stalker saved him..later that day he returned to the DUTY base a ghost came he was powerfull and looked to be a stalker but when the DUTY members shot at it the bullet went right through it. He seeked refuge in the med bay there he met House a DUTY soldier He never learned his specialization but he assumed he was a medic. Later he was out searching for artifacts when he saw a bloodsucker killing another stalker. That is when he realized he never wanted this to happen again to anybody and wanted to do something about it so he decided he would join DUTY and help to save the remaining stalkers.
What is Duty?:  From what I know DUTY  is a group looking to destroy the zone and help the people survive
Why do you wish to join Duty?: To assist in detroy the zone and help the remaining people survive
Who is the DUTY leader?: Dug
Roleplay Knowladge
Describe Injury RP: Injury RP is when you RP getting hurt like getting shot and since its common sence that bullets hurt like hell you MUST be hurt by the bullet..EVEN IF you have an exo a 5.45 round would have a lot of force behind it and would hurt like hell either way
What is Metagaming: Metagaming is when you use ooc information In character
What is Metaspeak: metapeak  is when you use ooc speaking such as how to gives the moneh and saying that IC
Describe RDM: RDM is when you kill somebody for no RP reason and no RP
What is the difference between RDM and STK: RDM is when you kill somebody without reason or RP randomly..such as killing somebody point blank with a Makarov.  STK is when you have a fight though with little to no rp it HAS TO BE DECLARED.
Can you take responsibility for your  actions?: Yes
(if i did anything wrong let me know)

- I want to see you on the server. I'll be keeping you in a tight leash.

Edwardss

Steam Friends Name: NewfieEdwards

STEAM ID: STEAM_0:0:20178265

Timezone: Newfoundland time zone

How long have you been roleplaying?: I have been roleplaying for three years now.

How long have you played on the server?: Four weeks.

Have you played any of the three S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games?: I have played on the following, Clear skys, Call of pripyat

Do you have any IRL military knowladge?: My uncle was in the royal naval reserve in world war One and Two And i have IRL knowladge of how military works.

Can you follow orders?: I am very good at following orders, If im gave and order by a higher up or officer i will follow that order to the dot and try to insure i do evreything in my ability's to make sure i get it done.

Recommendations:
Pac Man Reccomended me

In-Character Information

Name:
Dimitri Levenov

Skill set: Advanced first aid training, Emergency Triage, Basic bacterial treatment

Backstory:  Dimitri Levenov was born the offspring of Zechenka Levenov and Valeyoa Levenov. As an only child in of a wealthy and successful business-owning family in Kiev, Dimitri was always considered to take over the business as there was very little chance of his parents having another child due to the low fertility rate of his mother, and this being so he wasn't given much in choice of being taught about the family business. At an early age, Dimitri began becoming interested in human anatomy, finding it to be almost an intricate machine, this though to his family was unacceptable, finding medical work degrading to their son due to the successful clothing business which his parents earned. His parents dismissed his liking for medical work immediately.
As he reached the age of eighteen, him and his parents had grown apart, as he would not drop his fascination with the medical field, and so at the age of nineteen he joined pre-medical school despite being only a 'C' and 'B' student. His parents refused to pay for this, disowning him immediately, forcing him to take large loans to pay for these bills, able to complete pre-med with these loans but only able to complete three out of the four needed years for medical school.
Unable to complete these payments, he was forced to drop out a year before completing school. Left with tremendous debt and a family unwilling to help, he left with his friend Ivan to leave for a place called 'The zone', a place a man told them would help them escape their debts in this world.
Soon after entering The Zone, they befriended a Duty Senior-Soldier commonly known as 'House' who befriended the two men, teaching them basic survival in the zone, in which Dimitri gained the idea to join Duty, in which House encouraged Dimitri and Ivan to do so...

What is Duty?: A paramilitary organization that, In the short way, Wants to get rid of the zone and off spring Example Zombies, mutants

Why do you wish to join Duty?: I wish to join duty because my Character Agrees with dutys way of thinking and wants to help them in anyway he can

Who is the DUTY leader?:
Duty leader is Dug

Roleplay Knowladge
My roleplay Knowladge is rather good ive been playing in roleplays for a mater of years All these roleplays being serious I haven't been Baned once from any serious RP server i have played on.

Describe Injury RP: Injury RP is when for example if you get shot in the leg you are therefore exposed to roleplay as if you have been shot In Real Life Example of this is Falling down clutching your leg and screaming in pain.

What is Metagaming: Metagameing is when you use OOC- Out Of Character. Information In Character

What is Metaspeak: Metaspeak is for example useing =D or >.> IC or In Character

Describe RDM: RDM: RDM is Random Death Matching, This meens when you kill a player Without reson.

What is the difference between RDM and STK: STK all parties agree and RDM is when you randomly kill someone

Bittercup

Steam Friends Name: |HGN| Rusty!

STEAM ID: STEAM_0:1:25272720

Timezone: GMT -8 PST

How long have you been roleplaying?: Over 2 years.

How long have you played on the server?: 1.5 months

Have you played any of the three S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games?: Yes

Do you have any IRL military knowladge?:Much

Can you follow orders?:Of Corce.

Recommendations:None

In-Character Information

Name: Rodrick 'Axel' Clout

Skill set: Field Medic

Backstory:

My name is Axel, I grew up in a small town in Russia, my father (Victor Clout) Was a part of the Spetz Naz, a Russian task force, he was called out on a mission on September 3rd, 2013. He left that night to enter the Zone with the rest of his Company. He left that night to never retun again. Two years have passed and I am now 25. It is only me, my mother, and my brother Charlie left now that my dad has been missing. My brother, he... He was a strange man, he was the type of person who would walk the halls of the house at night making noises. One day he got an "amazing" idea to enter the Zone in search of our lost father. I told him it was an insane idea to even contomplate, but he didnt listen. That same day, he left our small town in Russia to go find out father... He was gone for several months now, we started to lose hope in his same return... And if he where to ever return at all... Mother and I assumed the worse, that Charlie had died. Mother loved Charlie, she loved him dearly. She was so torn up over the death of her son and her husband that she killed herself with an overdose of painkillers. Now I am the only one lef... I was thinking to myself, "What more do I have to lose?" with Mother, Father, and Charlie dead. I gave up, I felt that there is nothing else to to but enter The Zone, to start a new life there, and if Father, or Charlie where alive I would hope to find them.

What is Duty?:DUTY Is a faction set out to contain the Zone's secrets.

Why do you wish to join Duty?:Dutyers have allways been there for me, I beleve in their cause an wish to be among their ranks to help support the cause.

Who is the DUTY leader?:Ivan Viktorsky

Roleplay Knowladge

Describe Injury RP:Roleplaying Injury, Such as if you get shot in the knee. You cant walk and you need to RP Crawl/Limp depending on the injury.

What is Metagaming:Useing OOC Imformation ICly. For

What is Metaspeak:Pretty much the same thing but using Spoken info form IC, OOCly. Or visa vers.

Describe RDM: Killing a character for absolutly no reason at all.

What is the difference between RDM and STK: RDM is for no reason. STK is faction related, depending on what faction/group you are in, you could be killed, like if a dutyer see's a Freedomer, and yet again... Or visa versa.

Can you take responsibility for your actions?: Absolutely

I didn't like the backstory.

You need to work on your grammar.

Re-apply in one week.

Nova

Applications are still Open!

Bucky

Steam Friends Name: |HGN| Buck (Screen) Marielle35 (Friend)

STEAM ID: One moment please.

Timezone: (UTC-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada)

How long have you been roleplaying?: 2 Years 7 Months

How long have you played on the server?: 1 Year 3 Months

Have you played any of the three S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games?: Completed All Three

Do you have any IRL military knowledge?: My father was an infantryman and my mother a field medic in the U.S. Army.

Can you follow orders?: Indeed, I can.

Recommendations: N/A

In-Character Information

Name: Krill Leren

Skill set: Mechanic, Hand to Hand Combat, Baisic Marksmanship

Backstory:

Krill Leren, born in a small town about 53 km away from Chernobyl named Zaprudka grew up in his family's business of owning a mechanics shop. As a small child Krill usually stayed up front at the shop section of his father's business with his mother, but as he grew and more and more people came, he was needed in the back with his father to help work on what people brought in. Krill learned everything he knew from his father as expected and was very skilled in the ways of mechanical engineering. As Krill grew up, he expected he would be there for the rest of his life, and he accepted that, he was happy there and didn't care if that was what he did all his life. As the years went by, Krill took up more and more knowledge until his parents one day surprised him and told him they were sending him to college. Krill was ecstatic, and completely astounded that they raised enough money to send him to college. Krill ended up at the Технический институт Prybirs' k (Technical Institute of Prybirsk) and what better course to take than Technological Studies at a Technological Institute? This is what Krill did, quickly speeding through one semester after another and gaining a massive knowledge of computer programs and engineering. After doing so, degree in hand, Krill began his long journey of four days of hitch-hiking to get home, as he did not have a car. Upon Krill's arrival home, everything seemed normal, except for the fact that his parents shop had closed down and that they barely had any money to live a comfortable life. Krill believed for many months that this was his fault because his parents had spent so much money on him, he found out soon after that it was because no one traveled on the P02 anymore, due to the Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant disaster. Krill felt awful still and was determined to gather enough money to put them back in business at another location. Krill knew not what to do, he waited and waited for a chance to earn money, but it never came. After Krill had given up looking for work, he heard of a place, The Zone. Krill heard of riches that could be found there and the adventures that could be had. Krill left home once more to travel to this native land, and soon found himself in an unforgiving predicament. Krill made it to the Zone fine, but within one day, he had been robbed, attacked by mutants, and he stumbled into an anomaly field which gave him minor radiation poisoning. Krill was understandably distraught and couldn't help feel sour feelings for the entire Zone. Krill moped around for days, scavenging off what he could find, Krill knew he would probably never return home... Krill didn't care. Krill thought it was the end when approached by black-coated men, he had nothing on him, not even one measly ruble. Krill knew that bandits usually killed anyone who didn't have anything for them and he didn't have anywhere to run. Krill braced himself when all of a sudden he heard gunshots. Krill opened his eyes and looked at himself, clean of blood, bullet holes, he was rather unscathed. Krill looked to his left, and to his right, nothing except the dead bodies of two bandits. Krill scanned the entire area when he saw them, black suited men with red patches emerging from the trees. Krill wondered if this was a miracle of some sort. Krill thanked the men and they brought him back to the base. They introduced themselves as members of the Para-Military faction Duty. Krill had heard of them before, but knew not of their ideals, which was the only thing stopping him from joining their faction. Krill thought once again of his hometown and his parents, he knew he still probably wouldn't see them again. But he knew that if he wanted to make do with what life he had left. He best join Duty, for his own sake.

- Chapter 2 –

Krill Leren joined Duty, starting off at the rank of Recruit and swiftly was promoted to a Soldier, his good friend Arthur Polyakev became his commanding officer for the time being, they shared laughs and stories of their Pre-Duty action and enjoyed eachothers company. Soon after however the 85th Cloaked Daggers made a move to a sector much closer to the center of the Zone. Krill was given a slot as the factions Mechanic after demonstrating himself to the Commanding Officer, Lieutenant Colonel Ivan Viktorsky, another good friend of his. Soon after however, Krill was demoted for misbehavior on the battlefield, this did not stop him from attempting to climb his way back up to his previous position as a Senior Soldier. Krill eventually was promoted to Junior Sergeant after cleaning up his act and was even asked to perform a hand to hand combat demonstration when the General Daygan was present at the base in their Sector. A notable experience of Krill's was when he and a few of the other men in his squad (lead by Krill) discovered a saboteur attempting to sell Duty base blueprints to Freedom. Krill and his men apprehended the culprit and had him put to death by firing squad. Krill was promoted to Sergeant before the 85th Cloaked Daggers made another move to a sector labeled 42. Here Krill was given his first leadership position, controlling a strike force that dealt with clearing buildings full of hostiles. Krill's squad started off rough, but with fine tuning, good cooperation and grueling training, the squad turned out well. Krill remained at the rank of Sergeant for the rest of his tour with the 85th and fought off countless mutants and invaders of the sub-sector of the main sector S42. In one altercation with a Pseudogiant, Krill's left arm was obliterated by a single blow from the creature, the Lieutenant Yuri Levenski (at the time) helped him back to health, and within months, Krill was back on the battle field. Shortly thereafter, things became dull in the 85th and members began leaving, only to be hunted down and put to death. Krill feared that the 85th would be disbanded or he would be transferred due to lack of interest by Duty in the sectors that the 85th patrolled in. The latter eventually happened and Krill was transferred back to the Rostok Facility. Krill spent his days at the base as a mechanic (one would expect this) until one day, he received word of the Colonel Viktorsky's passing. Krill was saddened to hear this, but was excited to hear that the previous Lieutenant Levenski would be taking charge. Krill immediately requested transfer back to the 85th Battalion, it was granted, and Krill was ready to venture further back into the Zone to rejoin the 85th and help it through its reconstruction.

What is Duty?: Duty is a Paramilitary faction seeking to destroy the Zone and wipe it of its mutated inhabitants so that it does not spread and consume more than it already has.

Why do you wish to join Duty?: I wish to join Duty because I simply miss it from the old times, I want to see it prosper under new order and I'd like to contribute to its growth.

Who is the DUTY leader?: Lieutenant Colonel Yuri Levenski -/- Nova

Roleplay Knowledge
Describe Injury RP: Injury RP is the acting out of injuries sustained by the environment or in battle.

Eg.

*A singular 7.62 round pecks the bandit in the right hand, the one holding a Beretta M92FS*

*The bandit drops his weapon, clutching his injured and bloody hand with his other, crying out in pain and fleeing the scene*

What is Metagaming: Metagaming is the use of IC information in OOC

Eg.

OOC: "Help, a bloodsucker is killing me at the swamps!"

What is Metaspeak: Speaking ICly using emotes or abbreviations (Some limitations on the abbreviations part)

Eg.

IC: "Lol that n00b just walked into an anomaly XD."

Describe RDM: RDM, or Random Death Matching, is the killing of another player when zero or very little roleplay is involved.

What is the difference between RDM and STK: Random Death Matching is killing another player with no RP whatsoever, STK AkA Shoot to Kill, is a term meaning shooting as if one were playing a First Person Shooter, both sides must agree to this before commencing.

Can you take responsibility for your actions?: Of course.

- Welcome back to the faction. Don't leave again.

- Re-instated as Sergeant

meetdadoom

Steam Friends Name: |HGN|Fatdan700 Or I AM A DINOSAUR

STEAM ID: 0:0:21785308

Timezone: Central

How long have you been roleplaying?: A year of Dark Rp and I have been serious rping for about two years.

How long have you played on the server?: A year and a half

Have you played any of the three S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games?:I have played all of them

Do you have any IRL military knowladge?: Very Little

Can you follow orders?:Indeed

Recommendations:

In-Character Information

Name: Midvied "Misha" Zhdanov

Skill set: Has military experience.

Backstory:

Midvied (or how he was called by pretty much everyone including his drill sergeant Misha) was 28 when he was laid off from his job as a waiter at a small resturant. He was single, broke and was weak to defend himself. When ever he got into fights, he had a friend come to the rescue. One day, when he was watching T.V. in his roommates apartment he saw an advertisement from the Ukrainian Military. Ukrainian Army Ad . Misha watches the commercial in amazement. Everything he wants, food, free drinks, money, strength, women,etc and the advertisement had a catchy song in the background. He got off his ass and called the number on the screen. Next thing he knows it, he is in boot camp being yelled at by his drill sergeant about how much of a pussy he is. After two years, he finally became a private in the Ukrainian Military. His first assignment was to be a national guard in the Zone. As he came to his Guard Post he went through his daily guard shifts as a soldier with the mindset of "I am here to protect the people, not hurt them.". He has heard many rumors of soldiers abusing S.T.A.L.K.E.Rs. The reason why Misha never wanted to hurt the S.T.A.L.K.E.Rs is because Misha feels he has a duty to protect people of Ukraine. Killing Ukrainians who are trying to make living in a place where their life is in Constant danger is not protecting the people. After a month stuck in the Zone, the soldiers started to get a little bit crazy. The soldiers started to capitalize the fact that the zone is Lawless land and they can basically do whatever they want to. Soldiers would have competitions on how many S.T.A.L.K.E.R.s they can kill and Officers sat in their offices wasting all of the division's morphine and doing deals with the bandits. Once Misha's buddy Vlad who also had the same mindset as Misha did threatened his officer to report the corrupt doings of the Officers . Problem was, the Officer was having a bad day since he ran out of Morphine and was getting the shakes. The officer pulled a gun and shot Vlad. That was it for Misha. Misha grabbed his Ak74m, stole some ammunition from the armory and packed a few supplies in a duffle bag. His plan was to hide his duffle bag in trash can near the front gate of the base and when he was doing night shift with two guys, he would wait for them to get drunk or fall asleep so then Misha can book it and try to make it back to another Guard post. As the two guys fell asleep he grabbed his duffle bag and booked it. Accidently, Misha knocked over the trash can and woke up the guy at the tower which the guy (in panic) hit the siren and woke up the whole camp. Misha dashed off into the woods near the base since he would get cover. As he ran through the forest he finally realized that he had been running for a good two hours and the soldiers have turned off the sirens 10 minutes after the sirens went off. He finds a shack in the middle of the forest and walks in. He  passes out on the cold floor. Misha wakes up when he hears voices outside. Thinking it is a search party from his base he quickly gets up and dashes out of the shack. Turns out it was just a few S.T.A.L.K.E.Rs exploring. He darts off and the S.T.A.L.K.E.Rs fire at him noticing the military uniform. He continues to run until he runs right into something. He rubs his head and looks up and see's this woman wearing a large, bulky suit that looks like a robot with red and black stripes and a patch that said Duty. The woman looks down at him and picks Misha up. Misha looks around him and notices five soldiers wearing the same red and black pattern with guns raised at him. The woman speaks "So, are you the one who stormed up the hive at the Military base a Few miles away?" Misha shakes his head. "Do you actually want to make a change in the zone?" She asks. Misha nods his head. The woman was Lt.Col Alexia Daygan. After the encounter of Duty, Misha joins and quickly climbs the ranks due to his previous military knowledge. He becomes a sergeant and joins the Squad Cobra which was the Recon group at the time lead by an Irish man named McMillian. Fast forward two years later, Misha is 32 and is doing what he originally intended to do when he was in Military. He takes part on an assault on Monolith factory in Sector 42. They succeed but, Misha gets shot in the leg and twice in the chest. and McMillian gets shot up. The two drag their bodies to Duty base where they pass out and are taken care of. Misha wakes up and is told by Daygan that he should go back to Odessa (Misha's home town) for a while. Misha gets sneaked out of the Zone. He sells the artifacts that he stored while in Duty and makes good money and buys a small apartment.
      Three years later Misha is 35. Misha has finally finished recuperating from his wounds and is ready to come back to the Zone to help destroy the Zone and protect the people of Ukraine from the evils of the Zone.   

What is Duty?: They are a para-military group that wants to destroy the zone.

Why do you wish to join Duty?: Well, I feel like Duty can use a Veteran.

Who is the DUTY leader?:Currently Nova/ Yuri Levenski

Roleplay Knowladge

Describe Injury RP: When you get hurt and you role-play the injury icly and oocly as in you can't heal a gunshot wound overnight.

What is Metagaming: When you use OOC information in IC.

What is Metaspeak: Is when you use 1337 speak in Ic. "Hey guiz, howz it going lol :P"

Describe RDM: Killing without a reason.

What is the difference between RDM and STK: Shoot to kill is usually agreed on by both parties because of a conflict arising between characters.

Can you take responsibility for your actions?:Indeed

Sidenote: sorry if I this app isn't tip top. I honestly can barely remember my original app. I just remember the main idea.  I wrote this app at like 11:30 at night.

- Only reason I am accepting this is because you're were a pretty good RP'er.

- Re-instated as Junior-Sergeant.

- See me on the server for equipment.

[flash=500,30]http://www.youtube.com/v/9UousVNJaIM[/flash]

Astarathia

Steam Friends Name: |HGN|Laveshia

STEAM ID: STEAM_0:1:20845612

Timezone: GMT +1

How long have you been roleplaying?: For about 4-5 years.

How long have you played on the server?: 1-2 Years

Have you played any of the three S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games?:Da. SoC.

Do you have any IRL military knowledge?: Da, working for RL military.

Can you follow orders?:Sir, yes, sir.

Recommendations: Kieck

In-Character Information

Name: Ilona Kyantanew

Skill set: Assassination / Sniping

Backstory ( in /me style) :  Well urgh, I was born in Kalynivka I guess? When Chernobyl went boom, I was about one year old, so I can't really remember it ... Nor did my parents talk about it too often while I became older...
But I always had a strange feeling when I thought about this place... Like it wanted me to visit it...
I of course couldn't explain this feeling, I was too young... Well, I made my school without any too big problems, and in school I first heard about Chernobyl again... And again this strange feeling... And the teacher told us more and more about it...
And I started dreaming in the lesson...
Dreaming about visiting the place, and what is inside it... All the mysteries about it... I became too curious...
I never told anymore about my wish, not my parents, not my sister, nor my friends...
And then I went to Kiev for a job... As a bank clerk and that shizzle...
And I heard tourists talking about a tour into the "Zone" , wich is why they came to the Ukraine...
I asked them about that Tour, and they told me everything they knew, including where I could sign up for it...
I didn't really care about the costs, wich were extrememly high... But... I kinda didn't plan to return...
So I just gave them a fake bank ID, wich would lead them onto the account of one of our customers...
And I'd be gone before anyone would notice..
As the Bus tour began, I felt like a little child who is about to get a huge present...
As the Bus held, I started running, I don't know why, noone ran after me, but the feeling of Freedom... It was just impressing.
And then I was there... And I had no idea what I wanted to do next... Untill I met some nice people, who called themselves "Stalkers" and "Loners" , they answered me a few questions, then I answered theirs...
They told me about people called "DUTY" who were rather nice, but also well coordinated... That seemed rather interesting to me... As most people didn't even seem coordinated even a bit...
They also gave me a tiny pistol, wich was more for throwing then for shooting like one of the stalkers said while laughing, and a PDA...
And that's how my journey began... My first station, was the "Freedom base" ,a base full of ... Drunk people ... I wasn't sure if I should join them or not,  but I think...
DUTY would be more my style... So I went there, asked if they were accepting new people into their ranks...
The soldier just walked away for a few moments, and came back with this paper...

What is Duty?: Duty is a paramilitary group of Stalkers and ex soldiers , with the aim to completely destroy the Zone and make it disappear forever.

Why do you wish to join Duty?: Because it needs more members, it has a nice athmosphere, and is more social to Stalkers than Military.

Who is the DUTY leader?: Nova  / Yuri Levenski

Roleplay Knowladge

Describe Injury RP: If a character is shot in the leg, s/he should not run away because the engine allows it, s/he should fall to the ground, yellin in pain, trying to get the bullet out and or stop the bleeding.

What is Metagaming: Using OOC information ICly

What is Metaspeak: Using things like smileys and "lol, rofl, omg, wtf, hax, trollolol " and others in IC.

Describe RDM: RDM is when a person kills another person without any IC reason nor the agreement of that person.

What is the difference between RDM and STK: STK is when both attacker and attacked agree on a firefight where people "Shoot to Kill" , while RDM is when they just start randomly shooting each other without any agreement. 

Can you take responsibility for your actions?: Yes.

- Interesting backstory...

- Would be quite interesting to actually have an active female soldier (no sexism :P)

- Try and catch me on the server sometime. I might be online later today, if my connection will allow it

- You'll start as a Soldier

Nerosis

Steam Friends Name: |HGN| Nerosis

STEAM ID: STEAM_0:0:21039608

Timezone: GMT

How long have you been roleplaying?: 2 Years

How long have you played on the server?: 6 months

Have you played any of the three S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games?: Yes, Stalker: Clear Sky

Do you have any IRL military knowladge?: My dad has served in the military for 30 years.

Can you follow orders?: Yes

Recommendations: N/A

In-Character Information

Name: Andrei Vasilev

Skill set: Mechanics, Medic

Backstory: Andrei Vasilev was born in russia in 1988. His family abanded him when he was just 12 years old, left to care and survive by himself. Andrei didnt know much english and struggled to fit in with others around him. He lived on the streets for about 4 years untill a family rescued him and brought him to a town, not far away from The Zone. His father use to tell him stories and rumours about this Zone which Andrei did not understand at a small age. He got a job as a Mechanic in a local garage as he loved working with cars and bikes. His passion when he was young was to be a Medic for the military and save lifes. When Andrei heard more about this Zone, he couldnt stop thinking about it. He wanted to visit the Zone and feel the real experience and see if these rumour's and stories were true from what his father told him. He saved up enough money to travel to the Zone and bought a Pistol for safety. He left the Mechanic career behind in search for a new life in The Zone.

Andrei Vasilev eventually made it to the Zone, with small resources left to keep alive. He stumbled across a group of people called "DUTY" who helped him survive and live. Andrei like "DUTY" and desided that he should join them.

What is Duty?: Duty is a Para-Military faction that is seeking to search for the Zone's secrets by destorying it.

Why do you wish to join Duty?: They are the best faction on the planet and i want to re-join them again from when i played in the past.

Who is the DUTY leader?: Nova/G-Man

Roleplay Knowladge

Describe Injury RP: Injury RP simply means that you act what happens to you. For examples, if i get shot in the leg, i would scream and fall to the ground rather than running of to avoid roleplay.

What is Metagaming: When you use OOC>ICly.

What is Metaspeak: Internet Phrase's (emotions, short phrase's)

Describe RDM: RDM simply stands for "Random Death Match". This can be caused when a player keeps killing you for no reason. This can result into a kick or a ban.

What is the difference between RDM and STK: STK is when someone kill's your for a roleplay reason. RDM is when someone kills you without having a roleplay reason.

Can you take responsibility for your actions?: Yes, I can

- Backstory was short and uninteresting

- I suggest you read a bit up on Duty's objectives

- You're pending because you apparently used to be in Duty

- You'll be kept in a short leash. One fatal mistake, and you're out

- You will start as Recruit. See either me or Tenshi/Smirnoff on the server for equipment

ILoveHobo

Steam Friends Name: ILoveHobo
STEAM ID: STEAM_0:0:39121360
How long have you been roleplaying?: about a year
How long have you played on the server?: about 3 months
Have you played any of the three S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games?: Stalker Clear Sky
Do you have any IRL military knowladge?: A bit
Recommendations: None
In-Character Information
Name: Dragnov Varieve
Skill set: Medic and Marksmenship
Backstory: Dragnov  was born in a small town in Russia. At birth he was abandoned by his mother and father. He went to a care home and at the age of three he was adotped, he was beaten regularly and he found ways to cure his cuts with the little he had. He always wanted to run away but he new he had no where to go. Day by day he would take a small bit of his foster parents money without them noticing, at the age of thirteen he had enouth money to catch a plane. He decide to take a plane to Spain the only problem was that he need to escape. he had a plastic gun and he knew his foster father had a real gun in his draw, he would pratice shooting everyday untill he was ace at it. He then stole his foster farther's gun and shot his way out. In the middle of the flight he heard a great bang he looked out the window and he saw that one of the planes engin was missing, the plane crashed and he landed at the zone
What is Duty?: Duty is a Para-Military faction with the ain to destroy the zone
Why do you wish to join Duty?: It is in need for members and i belive i could help it out alot
Who is the DUTY leader?:Nova/ Yuri Levenski
Roleplay Knowladge
Describe Injury RP: Is where you would act like something happend to you in real life like if i got shot in the leg/foot i would fall to the ground and would be able to get up and walk for a while
What is Metagaming: it is when you use OOC when you should be talk IC
What is Metaspeak: It is when you use text speach like lol and you use smile faces
Describe RDM: RDM is when you shoot/kill someone for no reason
What is the difference between RDM and STK: STK is when two or more people agree to have a fight where as RDM is when someone just shoots someone
Can you take responsibility for your actions?: Yes

- It's extremely unlikely that a plane would crash, even more so in the zone...

- Rushed application, nothing really makes sense

- And one last thing: Improve your grammar

- You may re-apply in one week

Recreas

Steam Friends Name:|HGN|Recreas
STEAM ID:
How long have you been roleplaying?: In general, for about 5-6 years. With HGN a bit longer then a year.
How long have you played on the server?: Just like my roleplay time here, about 1 year up to 1,5 years
Have you played any of the three S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games?: Yea I've played and have SoC and CoP

Do you have any IRL military knowladge?: Not really, I know the general stuff that you get from watching a lot of Discovery Channel, National Geographic and etc but I can't say I have had any actual knowLEDGE or experience in the army itself.

Can you follow orders?: I sure can. Sir, Yes Sir!
Recommendations:
Not sure if it's still usefull but I got Dugs, Laveshia's and I just got Kiecks too ;P[color]

In-Character Information

Name: Vladistov Mitorai
Skill set: Assault,  Preferable Standard Semi/Automatic Rifles

Backstory:

There's a few men sitting around a table in the Duty base, one of them is telling a story.

I guess that it all started a few years back when I decided to apply at the local recruitment office. And that's how I ended up in the Zone. At arrival there wasn't a moment of rest for me and the other new recruits. We immediatly got a equipment check and were set at guard duty. The first days were not quite as I expected, I mean, I was just a young Ukranian man at the time that wanted to serve his country , though on the other hand they never got any explanation about the place anyways.

So one day I hear some of the guys talking about some kind of mutant, so I decided to join in on the conversation. They told me these terrible stories about tall men-like creatures with tentacles just ripping a patrolling squad apart. I couldn't get my thoughts of them at the time.

Some of the men start to laugh

Oh, you guys are really mature..., what would you expect? I was just a young man at the time. So anyways, I returned back to guarding duty when suddenly the alarm went. Soldiers were running around, grabbing ammunition and getting in positions. This is also the first time that I saw our good old famous Colonel Nikolai Yurdansky, I'm sure that some of you guys can remember him.

One of the men says: "Yea, I sure do remember that old bastard."

Yea well anyways, at the time I sure was impressed to see the Colonel. So the base got attacked, and I knew there was no time to stare at the Colonel so I turned around and that is when I finally realised that the base was under attack. Bullets were flying around and I couldn't see a bit, I wasn't thinking clear. I was just a fresh recruit at the time so you couldn't expect more. So I started to pull the trigger and unleash hell on the little bastards that were surrounding the base. I didn't know at the time then that they were the damn junkies but well we got attacked by them damn Freedommers. I can't remember much of it because it was all going so damn fast but well I do remember the Colonel grabbing a firm hold of his grenade launcher and just bombing the bastards to pieces. I'm sure you boys would have loved to see that.

Most of the days went like that, but after two long years I finally got a letter from the government.
Funny ain't it, you never hear something from the government unless they need you. That's also what I thought at the time and it sure was like that. The letter was bringing me the good news that I was re-assigned to another base. It was too good to be true, all those years that I've spend in this shit hole I finally had a chance to get out of here. But of course, I celebrated it too early.

That night we got picked up by a convoy, a few jeeps that brough another new load of recruits. So, me and a few others got in the jeeps and we were so damn excited to get out of here. So after an hour of driving we start to hear strange noises, we get out of the jeep to investigate. But as you could guess fellas, this was the worst idea ever. We got surrounded by an angry pack of mutants and we didn't get the slightest second to prepare ourselves. Soldiers were get ripped apart here and there, and I know that an honorable man stays to fight but this was madness. Me and a few others tried to escape, and I'm afraid that I was the only one to survive...

So well, there I was in the middle of nowhere, I couldn't go anywhere. Freedom would shoot be at sight and I'm sure if I would run across any other Stalkers would have loved to kill me. So I first got rid of my old suit, running around in a military suit kinda attracts attention. Next I went to, well here. I decided to tell them Dutiers here was I just told you guys. I was and still am just sick of the things I've done, I mean what retard would protect a place this dangerous right? So anyways, them Dutiers said they could always use another pair of hands. And this is how I ended up here fellas.

The man takes another sip of his glass, emptying it. He got up and left.

(By the way, I got auth from Rebel not to get my old military character pked. You could verify this with him if you really feel like.)

What is Duty?: Duty is a group of mostly S.T.A.L.K.E.R.S and ex-soldiers that seek to destroy the dangerous zone and protect the people in it.

Why do you wish to join Duty?: Well, I've been with Military for over a year now but due recent changes in leadership and other things, I'm unable to still roleplay with them (mostly the hughe timezone differences and etc). So I decided to resign and find myself a new faction, I guess it was time for something new after a year. So I decided to join Duty because it's the closest thing to military and I hope I'll enjoy my time with you guys as much as I did in the military.

Who is the DUTY leader?: Ehm I guess Nova or ICly: Yuri Levenski

Roleplay Knowladge

Describe Injury RP: Injury RP is mostly used in RP fights or sometimes prefered over NLR. This means that you'll have an injury which you'll of course have to roleplay. For example: A broken arm, which means you wouldn't be able to fire SMGs,LMGs and etc. You would only be able to fire a simple pistol without too much kickback.

What is Metagaming: Metagaming is when you are feeding another person IC information through ooc. For example revealing locations to your friends whilst they wouldn't have that knowledge ICly seen.

What is Metaspeak: The use of words that are mostly used in the MSN language, words or emoticons like: Lol, FTW, WTF, ROFL, :D, :P, O_o. You get the point.

Describe RDM: RDM or Random Death Matching is when you or another player kills another for no good or specific reason. So as the name tells, it's random. Which ruins the fun in roleplay. If you want to shoot others go play CoD or Battlefield.

What is the difference between RDM and STK: RDM are fights that not everybody agreed on but still get shot. STK or Shoot to Kill is when both parties agreed on having a fight with each other in which they are free to open their weapons and kill the other party.

Can you take responsibility for your actions?: If I did something I know I did it and I wouldn't denie I did it, so yes I can.

- Was a pretty good backstory. Certain things didn't really add up, but I enjoyed it

- Guess I wouldn't mind someone who have actually been in the Military IC

- You'll start as a Soldier. See either me or Tenshi/Smirnoff on the server for equipment
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves

ILoveHobo

Steam Friends Name: |HGN|ILoveHobo

STEAM ID: STEAM_0:0:39121360

How long have you been roleplaying?: a year

How long have you played on the server?: a week

Have you played any of the three S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games?: Yes CoP

Do you have any IRL military knowladge?: A Bit

Recommendations: None

In-Character Information

Name: Dragnov Varieve

Skill set: Medic and Marksmanship

Backstory: Dragnov was born in a small town in Russia, he had a normal life and was an A* student but he never worked so he got low grades. At an age of 17 he decided to take all his exams again as he wanted to be a medic when he was older. He then got into a university and studied medication. As he was training in university he decided that he wanted to me a medic in the Army. So he practiced his shooting at the rifle range. He started to practice to be a sniper as well. At the age of 20 he got into the army. On his first patrol he got lost and wondered into the forest with his group. They jumped over this barbed wire and landed near this train crash. Some bandits came and Dragnov ran away. He hasn't seen his group since. He met this Group called Duty. They both Hated "The zone" so here he is applying.

What is Duty?: Duty is a faction that want to destroy the Zone

Why do you wish to join Duty?: Because they are a amazing faction and I like them.

Who is the DUTY leader?: Yuri Levenski

Roleplay Knowladge

Describe Injury RP: Injury RP is when if i got shot in the foot then i wouldn't be able to walk and i would act like it happened in real life.

What is Metagaming: Metagaming is where you use OOC in IC so i would ask someone where they are.

What is Metaspeak: Metaspeak is using LOL and :) so you dont use proper words

Describe RDM: RDM is when you randomly kill someone.

What is the difference between RDM and STK: STK is when both teams agree to kill people whereas RDM is when they don't agree or its random

Can you take responsibility for your actions?: Yes

- Backstory didn't make sense at all, how did you magically teleport to Ukraine on your first patrol in the russian army? It was also way too short

- Your grammar needs improvement, you don't even capitalise correctly at times.

- I find it extremly unlikely you have RP'd a year, lying won't get you far in DUTY.

- Reapply in one week.

Skybroke

Steam Friends Name: Skeet Biscuit

STEAM ID: STEAM_0:1:15458620

Timezone: GMT -6 Central America

How long have you been roleplaying?: Maybe two years.

How long have you played on the server?: Over a week since I came back.

Have you played any of the three S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games?: Yea, SoC.

Do you have any IRL military knowladge?: No, not really.

Can you follow orders?: Yes, easily.

Recommendations:
None but G-Man icly was going to let me join.

In-Character Information

Name:
Zegorg Yokavo

Skill set: A little Telecom and electrical training.

Backstory: In a story that much resembles many of the others who came to the zone, it was in search of prosperity over choice. Driven by his fathers expectations to make a name for himself as he had done, Zegorg set out to find riches in the Zone. What stands out most of all for Zegorg is the fact he is here to put his own notch in history with his name. With Duty he believes he can make this notch and be one of the hero's who died protecting the world from the zone.

What is Duty?: A faction that has the idealology of protecting the outside world from the horrors in the zone.

Why do you wish to join Duty?: The possible gain of Notoriety and the personal principles of morals Zegorg has to protect his fellow man for the good of the whole over the individual.

Who is the DUTY leader?:
Nova I believe.

Roleplay Knowladge

Describe Injury RP: If you are injured in some incident, you are expected to roleplay the outcome and effects of the injury and not ignore the fact that it happened.

What is Metagaming: Using OOC information Icly.

What is Metaspeak: Use of emoticons in character.

Describe RDM: Randomly killing a player without a valid reason or proper roleplay.

What is the difference between RDM and STK: RDM is Random killing of another player where STK is authorized shooting to kill in a roleplay enviornment.

Yes, I can.

- You are now pending

- Pending solely because it was a IC recruitment

- If it hadn't been a IC recruitment, I would have slapped a big fat DENIED on this thing

- Fuck up once, and you're out

- See either me or Tenshi on the server for equipment

- You'll start as a Recruit

Blackflunk

Steam Friends Name:|HGN|Blackflunk

STEAM ID:"|HGN|Blackflunk" STEAM_0:1:6146104 01:25 203 0 active#

How long have you been roleplaying?: I've been roleplaying since I got Garrysmod, which were about 2 years ago, started out in the darkrp, but got into serious roleplaying later on.

How long have you played on the server?: I've been roleplaying for about 1 year now, been active a lot.

Have you played any of the three S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games?: I've been playing them all three.

Do you have any IRL military knowladge?: I do have a bit knowlage, like radio codes etc. but I've not been in the military itself.

Can you follow orders?: I can follow orders for sure.

Recommendations:

In-Character Information

Name: Dmitri Sidorov

Skill set: Good at long range hunting, lacks in close range/melee.

Backstory: Dmitri is a typical Russian person, he used to live in another part of the zone, due to his age, he lived alone in an abandoned apartment. Dmitri moved out of the abandoned apartment, simply to find artifacts in the other parts of the zone, eventhough he still had food supplies for several months. His parents were poor russian people, they got the food by hunting and sold what they could, to buy non-radiated water. His father was still able to hunt, and therefore supply food for everyone in the house.  Dmitri loved hunting, since he was a young teen, and this affected his life later on. Cause as he reached the age of 18, it was time to move out. Dmitri's father gave the hunting rifle as they used for hunting everyday. Food and water was needed after he moved out, so it was time to go hunting. Lots of the food Dmitri managed to get, was either radiated or infected. Dmitri managed to get unfriendly with the sorroundings, people started threatning him, and his parents didn't find it very comfortable to be in that part of the zone, so he decided to move somewhere else, but continued his hunting. Dmitri never managed to crash into any anormaly, and nor get artifacts. The only thing he could do for living was hunting.

Dmitri's life has always been the same, nothing really new happened in his life. There weren't very many bandits around in the area, only a few, but Dmitri still managed to run into some. A day when Dmitri was on a hunt, he noticed two bandits close to some tusks. They both had trenchcoats on, and were starting to go towards Dmitri, later started to charge towards him. Dmitri managed to shoot one of them with the hunting rifle, but got up in a fight with the other one. It ended up with a few brushes, but in the end, Dmitri managed to get profit by that happening.

After several huntings, Dmitri got in another situation, where he was sorrounded by tusks, he managed to escape, but left the hunting rifle behind. Dmitri ran into the other part of the zone, as he found some fellow stalker to accompany with. Due to the lack of food, it was time to visit a trader. Dmitri visited a trader which was trading for Duty faction. As he found the sorroundings nice, he thought it would be a good idea' to apply for duty.

What is Duty?: Duty is a faction, which's ideology is to protect the world from the zone.

Why do you wish to join Duty?: I wish to join Duty, as I find the sorroundings/people nice, and like the way they handle stuff. I find it quiete hard to hunt boars, as I have no hunting rifle, so I thought it would be a good idea to try something new.

Who is the DUTY leader?: Yuri Levenski

Roleplay Knowladge

Describe Injury RP: Injury RP is when you roleplay the injures done by on you. Taking an example, if someone walks up to you and shoots you in the leg, then you must roleplay that you're having the actual injure. Meaning you won't be able to walk properly.

What is Metagaming: Metagaming is when you use OOC information ICly - Someone writes in /ooc, asking "Is someone selling 19mm?" (Example from earlier today) That is metagaming, as he doesn't know that ICly (In Character)

What is Metaspeak: Metaspeak is using smileys IC, you can't say a smiley, you can only do /me smiles, if you want to smile - Istead of making a smiley.

Describe RDM: Random Deathmatching - When you walk up to someone and just starts to shoot at him, this is random deathmatching. Sometimes it can be misunderstood, and therefore you try to figure something out.

What is the difference between RDM and STK: STK is when you agree to do shoot to kill, the others needs to accept, and then you start shooting at eachother. STK is IC where RDM is OOC - Meaning you just shoot everyone.

Can you take responsibility for your actions?: Yes, I am.

- Well... Not the best backstory. Could have been a lot better

- However, I have seen you roleplay, and you seem pretty good

- I'll keep my eye on you

- You'll start as a Soldier. See either me or Tenshi on the server for equipment
Ladies, please.