Metro 2033 RP in HGN? Possible, fun, retarded?

Started by klp4, 21-03-2010

klp4

Metro 2033 RP

I'll keep this short,

Metro 2033, a best selling book, a first person shooter game, looks a bit like S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

I've talked to some people from HGN about the idea of having a Metro 2033 RP server and now I just want to know what you guys think about this? Just as an idea and if it would be something interesting?

If you want to know more about Metro 2033 and about the idea of making the first Metro 2033 RP server, let me know and I'll be more than happy to tell you all about it.

Now, this is just an idea and nothing more, for now. I just want to know what everyone has to say about this.

Your friendly little pirate,
Klp4
"I know who I am! I'm a dude playing a dude diquised as another dude!"

The myth says that Radek has two arms, the myth also says that the devil has two arms. Coincidence? I think not.

Zstan

In my opinion, Metro 2033 is better than STALKER.

So..yes.

Welek

only if i can be super badass and fuck shit up

KingArthur

Well... I guess it would be similar... Its cool enough too. Are there any underground maps?

deluxulous

You know, I've actually thought about this. It would be cool, the only real change in pace would be setting and lore.

Steel

I think canon would have to be tight, people not leaving etc... you cant stray from this story.

Also, its such an immersive enviroment that the RP really would be something, chatting about what happened last time you went down the railroad would bring alot of passive into it.

Also people will need to learn how to FearRP, and be frightened of everything...
We just need the content...

Lucidius

If this goes through, I foresee the death of SRP.

Seems like this would be alot better then SRP.
Please check out my other suggestions for PS2. Click 'Like' if you agree!

!IMPORTANT! Empire Specific Fighters and the Empire Specific Weapons. Overview, tweeks and nerfs! BIG POST

My Profile[/b][/size]

deluxulous

Quote from: Lucidius on 21-03-2010

Yeah, but this is for people who like more passive RP. Like, I only see minimized bandit encounters, and mutant attacks for aggressive.

And yes, Arthur is right. People need to learn to RP as if they were actually inside the metro, scared to death of everything out there. Instead of

"OH A MUTANT, IMMA GO GRAB MY MAGNUM AND KEEL IT"

Except, guns and ammo are rare. And mutants are tough.

Lucidius

Quote from: PistolKid on 21-03-2010
Quote from: Lucidius on 21-03-2010

Yeah, but this is for people who like more passive RP. Like, I only see minimized bandit encounters, and mutant attacks for aggressive.

And yes, Arthur is right. People need to learn to RP as if they were actually inside the metro, scared to death of everything out there. Instead of

"OH A MUTANT, IMMA GO GRAB MY MAGNUM AND KEEL IT"

Except, guns and ammo are rare. And mutants are tough.

Yeah, I know it's the more passive part (which is what I adore so. SRP lacks in Passive, and passive by yourself or with 1 person is only so fun), but still. Same atmosphere, more passive. With that I can see all the 'serious' RP'ers jumping into metro.

!IMPORTANT! Empire Specific Fighters and the Empire Specific Weapons. Overview, tweeks and nerfs! BIG POST

My Profile[/b][/size]

Zstan

In metro 2033, you are allowed to leave the stations, and travel along the rail ways..
(I think.)

Silver Knight

Basic Faction Sum-Up

Nazi = Duty
Freedom = Commies
Bandits = Bandits
Mercs = Mercs
Hunters = Stalkers
? = Military
? = Monolith
Mutants = Mutants
Citizens = ?

Status

No Models
No Maps
No Script

Benifit of Metro = New, Unique, fun, challanging roleplay (Tunnels, Above ground that requires a gasmask etc)

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Steel

I mean, excluding mercs out of the picture would be a start.

And im going to say this now, mapping will be a pain in the arse, because the map will have to be large. With random tunnels.

But remember one thing... all of you, and remember it to this day:
THE NOSALIS ARE COMING.

I think it would offer great Passive RP, completely different to SRP.
Its new?
No one else has ever done it, and with such a popular Book/Game and soon to possibly be movie...
The influx of players has the potential to be great!
Even introducing them to SRP as well. Just there are no models, we would need someone to rip them manually etc and it would take so long.

And in the game itself there is a limit of items, what could you possibly trade except for x ammount of weapons?
And i mean, there is two armour sets in the entire game, it lacks what an RPG has, an extensive inventory with plenty of items.

But in me saying that...
Take a look at HL2 RP, its popular in other communities and theres not an epic ammount of items.

Instant difference between this and SRP:
Its more about the mutants than the other factions, Factions play a smaller role than Stalker.
Youd have to make mutant factions, such as The Nosalis.
Librarians and daemons could be donator flags etc.
However there are faction ideas you can take from the books such as the Savage Cannibals of the Worm Cult.
We have The Redline and the 4th reich, and we also have "Hansa" Which is a commonwealth area.
In essence for a full experience we would have to go beyond the game and into the book.

Let me add a list of possible factions:

MAJOR:
The Redline: Communist group
The 4th Reich: Nazi's
Hansa: Commonwealth group.
The Nosalis: Main mutant horde.  We all know mutants only work with their own kind. (Featured by the Librarian Versus Daemon)
Polis: The safest haven in Metro 2033, it is the only place with scientists etc and a professional, but small military force, could narrow the faction down to just The Polis Kshatriya (forgive me if i spelt that wrong) They are the military force in Polis.
The Arbat Confederation: A group of Capatilists, generally non-russian nationality. Works with Hansa.

MINOR:
Traders
Bandits
Raiders
Citizens (Not really a faction)
Worm Cult
Station defence? (Armed station dwellers)
Revolutionary brigades (Small groups formally against redline but informally working with them, main role is attacking nazi's and criminals)

That is a rough list of factions you could include, obviously not ALL of them.
The ones i highlighted would possibly be the best choices.

As many people are also noting in this thread, its mainly for serious RPers, people that actually know how to fear RP and not be like "Lets go kill those muties!"
People will need to remember, their ammo is short, and weapon are rare.

Mutant attacks will have to be brief and frequent, planned in advance, preferbly evented.

Your in a metro, scared, clutching your weapon for dear life... and then you hear the Nosalis creeping up towards your position...

Just a few points there.

I think we have already established that this is a briliant idea and not retarded...
The one question that is now there is..

Is this possible HGN?

Post your thoughts on Pros and Cons?

As for content.

http://www.fpsbanana.com/skins/50842

Theres your bastard already!

Possibly my most constructive post ever.

lolKieck

Che Guevara Revolutionary Communists, YAY !
Hands up for Metro RP, since it would bring more people there and MORE MONEYZ by donations. YAY !
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

Steel

There are models that can be used, not exactly the same as the game, BUT they are similar, like the Sten gun mk.2.

Even this for the 4th Reich:
http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=showimg&v=18366_2

Russian Revolver:
http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=18070

Zstan

I'm the biggest Nazi here, so I call dibs on the Reich.

Griffen

Its already in the making.. My community is doing a Metro 2033 Themed roleplay, apparently, we just got threatened to be hacked by Jman.
|HGN|Griffen: Hey, kid.
|HGN|Griffen: Get off my lawn.
|HGN-CTS|Afromana: Hey kiddo, get of my work
|HGN|Griffen: Uhm, this is MY LAWN.
|HGN-CTS|Afromana: While I can do so that you can never play or use anything HGN related
|HGN-CTS|Afromana: Shoo
|HGN|Griffen: God damnit.

Zstan

QuoteHacked by Jman

AHAHAHAHAHAHAA

also edit: Faggots go here http://www.hackforums.net/ and think they can hack.

Locke

You can't just "call dibs" on a faction unfortunately.

Griffen

I didn't say you couldn't do it in any way, you will probably be more successful than us.

You see, in my community, I only run HL2RP, which my friend Dazek runs Metro 2033.
|HGN-CTS|Afromana: While I can do so that you can never play or use anything HGN related

Lucidius

Quote from: Griffen on 22-03-2010
I didn't say you couldn't do it in any way, you will probably be more successful than us.

You see, in my community, I only run HL2RP, which my friend Dazek runs Metro 2033.

Good luck with it.

My Profile[/b][/size]

Steel

Quote from: Griffen on 22-03-2010

Interested not...
If metro happens, it wont be for a long time, we have other projects.
Not to mention all of us who have commented here and want it have NO dev experience.

Griffen

I agree with Jackal.. I think Crussia or Fallout Roleplay will be a better road to go down.

If I was to choose any roleplay to create, Metro 2033 would be my last option. :/

Plunger

Quote from: Griffen on 23-03-2010

I agree with Jackal.. I think Crussia or Fallout Roleplay will be a better road to go down.

If I was to choose any roleplay to create, Metro 2033 would be my last option. :/

Because your leading it in your community?

Silver Knight

We might do experiement Roleplay with Metro2033, it would be fun and interesting, who knows.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Paintcheck

Quote from: The Jackal on 21-03-2010

Also people will need to learn how to FearRP, and be frightened of everything...

That will be the death of this. The game works so well because there is a sense of dread and foreboding in the air and the NPCs are programmed to reflect that. The problem is human players aren't NPCs. You know every person on the server is going to RP like he is the protagonist which means they doesn't afraid of anything and will ruin the atmosphere. I doubt the mood you get in game carries over to RP since no one will do it right.

As for the lack of passive in SRP, I guess I hang out with the right people because I have more fun passiving than shooting people. In the year it's been since I first joined I think I have killed at most 5 people total. I think everyone complaining about lack of passive needs to look at themselves first. It helps to have a character who doesn't RP being a badass all the time.

Basically this is STALKER in a slightly different setting. We already have 3 RP projects going simultaneously, I don't think we have the resources and player base to support another one, especially since between Fallout RP and SRP most of the post apocalyptic scenarios are covered already.