Metro 2033 RP in HGN? Possible, fun, retarded?

Started by klp4, 21-03-2010

Steel

Quote from: Paintcheck on 23-03-2010
Quote from: The Jackal on 21-03-2010

Also people will need to learn how to FearRP, and be frightened of everything...

It helps to have a character who doesn't RP being a badass all the time.

Theres a problem with that, i have NO badass characters, and its amazing how much people step all over you lol
But like your saying... people do not like to FearRP.

Lucidius

Quote from: The Jackal on 24-03-2010

Also people will need to learn how to FearRP, and be frightened of everything...

Theres a problem with that, i have NO badass characters, and its amazing how much people step all over you lol

Lol, reminds me of the random loner I was hanging with before the Freedome base blew up in reemption.

There was a bloodsucker molesting people, and we were in the Eco bunker, he was like, crying in the corner and almost blew his own brains out.

My character shared the same Naive-ness I do, and was cock-sure Freedom would eather deal with it or make a snack for it while we ran but he just went bonkers.

Still, now that I think back about it I tried to take care of him like a 'BROTHER" of sorts. We emerged from the bunker, only to see a guy in a bandit suit in the empty building across the street. He and I caught glances for literally what seemed like 5 seconds straight, and then he strafed a step to the left and out of site. I pulled out my AK-74 and sprinted into the room (I wasn't going to shoot him or anything, just was on edge and what not) and it was completely empty.

(I caught a glimpse of their tag that said Monlith something, but obviously I wouldn't know that ICly, it was just a masked figure that dissapeared, which is even more freaky imo)

We looked behind us with our binocs every few seconds, we were fucking PARANOID. Christ were we ever on our last wits.

We found a small house, put some bandaoned furniture over the doors and shit and got some Liquid courage into us. Passing out helped with the fatigue.
Please check out my other suggestions for PS2. Click 'Like' if you agree!

!IMPORTANT! Empire Specific Fighters and the Empire Specific Weapons. Overview, tweeks and nerfs! BIG POST

My Profile[/b][/size]

Steel

Quote from: Lucidius on 24-03-2010
Quote from: The Jackal on 24-03-2010

Lol, reminds me of the random loner I was hanging with before the Freedome base blew up in reemption.

There was a bloodsucker molesting people, and we were in the Eco bunker, he was like, crying in the corner and almost blew his own brains out.

My character shared the same Naive-ness I do, and was cock-sure Freedom would eather deal with it or make a snack for it while we ran but he just went bonkers.

Still, now that I think back about it I tried to take care of him like a 'BROTHER" of sorts. We emerged from the bunker, only to see a guy in a bandit suit in the empty building across the street. He and I caught glances for literally what seemed like 5 seconds straight, and then he strafed a step to the left and out of site. I pulled out my AK-74 and sprinted into the room (I wasn't going to shoot him or anything, just was on edge and what not) and it was completely empty.

(I caught a glimpse of their tag that said Monlith something, but obviously I wouldn't know that ICly, it was just a masked figure that dissapeared, which is even more freaky imo)

We looked behind us with our binocs every few seconds, we were fucking PARANOID. Christ were we ever on our last wits.

We found a small house, put some bandaoned furniture over the doors and shit and got some Liquid courage into us. Passing out helped with the fatigue.

Which is how people should act.

My FIRST ever RP on SRP, involved me fear Rping.
You dont see it anymore, but it was myself and 3 other loners being harrassed by a bloodsucker, in freedom town on redemption, blocked into a room.
And when i say you dont see it anymore, its because now people are like "LOL lets go kill dat Sucker" With no fear of a far superior hunter.

Bl★ck Star

Bielecki

Another project is not a great idea, unless we pause the development of another. 

Lucidius

Quote from: Bielecki on 24-03-2010
Another project is not a great idea, unless we pause the development of another.

One cannot simply pause something that isn't happening.

!IMPORTANT! Empire Specific Fighters and the Empire Specific Weapons. Overview, tweeks and nerfs! BIG POST

My Profile[/b][/size]

Bielecki

Fallout Rp?
There arn't enough Dev's around to take up another project.

Lucidius

Quote from: Bielecki on 24-03-2010

1)Fallout Rp?
2)There arn't enough Dev's around to take up another project.

1) Cruss, Hostile Conflict, Phoenix City, etc
2) That's my point.

My Profile[/b][/size]

Aresty

Weapons aren't rare, Military Grade bullets are. I mean, each station was FULL of weapon, like Armory.

lolKieck

About the theme, use book theme, since it will be more realistic, and because the book was original :3
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

Joemoma

I'd like to add for everyone that there's already a Metro 2033 RP in development and will be play-able in a couple weeks, maybe more. They're working on a map and they have ripped most of the textures from the game, otherwise, I built it in Sandbox with Wire, Color, and a Prop or 2, like a tram car I've created.

And there is also PLENTY of combat between the Red Army and the Nazis, as the Nazis are trying to take over all the stations, and the Red Army has the duty of protecting the weak Russian citizens who are in the Metro, but are of course in the Red Army's bases of course. No one is really friendly with the Rangers, although both parties are neutral until the Rangers get in the Nazi's path of completely owning all of the stations.

The Red Army's objective is to crush the Nazis completely, the Rangers prefer to independent, and the Red Army does not mind this as they do not cause issues for the Red Army's path to glory, they both have the same mutual enemy. The Nazis are assumed to be the larger party here to account for the fact they have two enemies, not 1. Although, if the Rangers went against the Red Army, some issues would definately occur between them.

When Rangers and Red Army or Nazi paths meet, it's often a "Do we outnumber them and have a complete advantage?" kind of deal, if each party is about equal, they would most likely not start a firefight, simply out of wanting to live another day.

jaik

Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

lolKieck

Quote from: Lucidius on 30-08-2010
Quote from: lolKieck on 25-03-2010
Quote from: Joemoma on 30-08-2010

dat necro

Uhm, me ?
THE DATE BRO, THE DATE AT THE POST.
It's 2 hours after Ares posted so don't call me necro k ?
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

Joemoma

Quote from: Jake on 30-08-2010
Metro 2033 RP in development
Link

I have no idea what community this is being made by, but I do believe it's an individual one(server, no community), with no community behind it, so I have no idea if a site is up, I WILL link you guys once it's up, and yes, EXTREME Necro, but I thought you needed to be informed :D

Lucidius

Quote from: lolKieck on 30-08-2010

dat necro

This is the 9th month. THe post before yours was made in the 3rd month.

My Profile[/b][/size]

Joemoma

Quote from: lolKieck on 30-08-2010

dat necro

This is the 9th month. THe post before yours was made in the 3rd month.

Stop arguing and be happy there's gonna be a Metro 2033 RP at some point. more info on SF. :P

Zen

It's amazing because i started a script for Metro 2033 RP...
It will never be finished.
Because it's hard and hard to get everything sorted out :P
Took like a month of planning and then we just gave the whole idea up.
Will be a while till a proper Metro RP comes to gmod.

Silver Knight

Quote from: JFDIzen007 on 30-08-2010

Metrorp is pointless without any content from the actual game. At least you know how hard it is for me to develop this stuff JFD

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Zen

I dislike my name so much but i agree.

Joemoma

Quote from: Last.Exile on 30-08-2010
Quote from: JFDIzen007 on 30-08-2010

Metrorp is pointless without any content from the actual game. At least you know how hard it is for me to develop this stuff JFD
*Cough* They figured out how to Rip from the game *Cough*

Zen

Dug

Sorry for necro. But I don't think I've put my opinion in here and the thread isn't closed, this is something I had to do.

Metro RP would surely need serious roleplayers, those who can actually FEAR RP and passive. We would need a map and a script not to mention content. But if you look around and search you can pretty much find lookalikes. We could even use models from stalker. I think this roleplay would be much better than stalker due to it's depth and story. It would be just like City RP but in an actual metro and a post apocalyptic scene. Why does everyone have to carry a gun and be a 1337 mutant hunter? When we could make Metro Citizens have craploads of different jobs. You would have the Doctors, The Traders, The Guards of The Stations, The Regular Citizens, Mechanics , all sort of people. Most of the roleplay would be centered around stations. And I think there would be a stalker limit as it says they were rare along with the mechanics also were very respected.

Yet again you would actually have some fighting , for those who want to kill others you would have the Nazis and the Commies. Those who want to be the good guys would be the rangers.

And then you would have the mutants.
Not to mention crazy people wandering in the metro along with the cannibals/zombies and what not.

Bandits, organized crime would be present for those who like to smuggle stuff, steal or be mean overall.
Mercenaries would be around, mostly stalkers who want to earn some extra bullets. You can't really imagine a regular citizen inside a station doing mercenary work.

Traveling trough dark metro tunnels would certainly be fun and using the trains and what not to get around. Not to mention walking trough them. You could actually hide an item and it would , what, take people years to find it due to it being cramp dark and not everyone can go outside the station. They actually had passports and sometimes the guards wouldn't allow people to go out.

For NPCs we would have rats. Crapload of them just running around the tunnels and maybe some mutants for those who think they can go out to a tunnel and not get hurt.

In my opinion the server would instantly get filled due to no one else ever managing to make a metro rp server and keep it alive.

jaik

Metro RP won't work, sure the idea sounds great.
But in practice it just wouldn't work.
The map must be GIGANTIC, it would take years to create it. ( no joke )
It would need a very active playerbase, always.
This kind of roleplay will be always limited to FRPs.

Also it would need some fancy scripting and a boatload of content.

Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

Dragon

As good as it would be, I can not see it happening.

Making it alone would be a problem, but in game, there would be problems as well.
People like guns too much to just roleplay a citizen.
"Is it just me, or have peoples' hands been growing out of their asses lately?"