Stalker Models for Arma2

Started by Steel, 09-05-2010

Assassinator

I agree with Jackal's idea of roleplay scenarios even though I said it first. ;p I'm not gunna be able to do any ArmA2 related things today but tomorrow I should be open. If for now we're just doing the RP Scens than we can use squad chat and put ** before certain words. It works and have done simple RP with Blake. Also, if you shift + tab too much in Arma 2 (So as to view friends list and use Steam chat) your keyboard will eventually freeze up, and you'll be required to restart the game.

Zstan

I made a thread for this a long time ago. Somewhere in the suggestions forum.
Talk about the roleplay there.

Steel

Quote from: Assassinator on 12-05-2010
I agree with Jackal's idea of roleplay scenarios even though I said it first. ;p I'm not gunna be able to do any ArmA2 related things today but tomorrow I should be open. If for now we're just doing the RP Scens than we can use squad chat and put ** before certain words. It works and have done simple RP with Blake. Also, if you shift + tab too much in Arma 2 (So as to view friends list and use Steam chat) your keyboard will eventually freeze up, and you'll be required to restart the game.

I like your chat idea Assassinator, that will be perfect for now, for pre-deployment RP etc.

Szenti

QuoteI agree with Jackal's idea of roleplay scenarios even though I said it first. ;p I'm not gunna be able to do any ArmA2 related things today but tomorrow I should be open. If for now we're just doing the RP Scens than we can use squad chat and put ** before certain words. It works and have done simple RP with Blake. Also, if you shift + tab too much in Arma 2 (So as to view friends list and use Steam chat) your keyboard will eventually freeze up, and you'll be required to restart the game.
That's the reason to play ArmA 2 in Windowed mode (C:/Users/Documents/Arma II/ArmA2.txt - windowed = 0 set to 1. And if you want much better performance then: add a line to the bottom: sceneComplexity=80000; and set the 80000 around 90K,100K,110K, play with it. I can even play on High with minimal FPS Lag.) and you can alt+tab without crashing. That's what I do.
And that RP mode looks nice too, going to test it out with you guys soon : D.
And yeah the ** will do it for first.

Zstan

It's not Safari, that's for Arma.

This is the Arma2 version - http://www.moddb.com/mods/chernarus-life

Steel

Quote from: Zstan on 12-05-2010
It's not Safari, that's for Arma.

This is the Arma2 version - http://www.moddb.com/mods/chernarus-life

I cant get a DL for CL anywhere.

franco20

FALLOUT - Pvt. Beverley Louis: Tough-acting grunt in the service of New Haven.

Steel

Superb Szentil, we will be working off of the CL script. To create this awesome RP.

Szenti

Quote from: The Jackal on 12-05-2010
Superb Szentil, we will be working off of the CL script. To create this awesome RP.
The script is locked, since idiots did stole it, rename it, and said its their script. So its not possible. And... How the hell I join the CL server? On their forums they say nothing about it...

Steel

To be honest, we dont even need an item database, we just need the actions and talk command for local and global etc.
So never mind CL.

Paintcheck

When/if this actually comes up it won't solely be scenarios right? Will it be free form RP like on the Gmod server as well?

And we really just need a speech script. We don't need items or anything as ArmA already has guns, lots of guns, first aid kits, etc. Guess we'd lose artifacts but...meh

Assassinator

Everything is practically ready since we have actual chat. Global chat, squad chat, team chat and more. You can put // infront of words to make them OOC. Since, at least for now, the people that will be roleplaying here are experienced we can work things out. Also, you can change the items on the map while ingame if you're hosting. So we'll use Afro as an example: Afro starts a scenario and we finish it, if he wants to whip something up real quick he presses esc, goes to the scenario editer, places a couple units, a tank, gives them some waypoints, stats, the basic simple stuff in three minutes, he clicks accept and everyone reloads the map and they play. Although, yes, when we get everything more developed it will be freeform. The  Namalsk that was posted earlier by Bielecki has mutant spawners and things like that, I would be looking into that first since it's an actual STALKER Mod for Arma 2.

Afromana

Everything is practically ready since we have actual chat. Global chat, squad chat, team chat and more. You can put // infront of words to make them OOC. Since, at least for now, the people that will be roleplaying here are experienced we can work things out. Also, you can change the items on the map while ingame if you're hosting. So we'll use Afro as an example: Afro starts a scenario and we finish it, if he wants to whip something up real quick he presses esc, goes to the scenario editer, places a couple units, a tank, gives them some waypoints, stats, the basic simple stuff in three minutes, he clicks accept and everyone reloads the map and they play. Although, yes, when we get everything more developed it will be freeform. The  Namalsk that was posted earlier by Bielecki has mutant spawners and things like that, I would be looking into that first since it's an actual STALKER Mod for Arma 2.
I actually do that >.>

Assassinator

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=87834

There is the pre-release of the Namalsk island map that looks a whole lot like STALKER with alpha spawner modules for blowouts, mutants, etc, and comes with mutliplayer missions so we can get started on some killin'.

Edit: I don't know about you guys but that map looks beautiful and I can already imagine the STALKER roleplay we can do there.

lolKieck

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=87834

There is the pre-release of the Namalsk island map that looks a whole lot like STALKER with alpha spawner modules for blowouts, mutants, etc, and comes with mutliplayer missions so we can get started on some killin'.

Edit: I don't know about you guys but that map looks beautiful and I can already imagine the STALKER roleplay we can do there.

I think I'll get ArmA II when I'll get enough money to buy it.
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

KingArthur

Yea we gotta set somthing up, this is too good to ignore ( Even though Arma 2 is a bitch to run.)

Afromana

I'll set up a dedicated server on a home made dedi I got at a friends house, we're still working on the ports but it works!
We might need Hamachi though, shouldnt be too much of a problem for those who wants to test stuff

Khorn

What do you guys mean with the chat? There is already World chat, Local Chat, Team Chat, Squad Chat, Commander Chat, Vehicle Chat.

You could easily change the names of the chats to be made to say LOOC or /me chats.

EDIT
I say we make a SF group for people with ARMA2 and want to try this out.

Bl★ck Star

Still dling, Iam at 34,3%

Steel

Okay, can someone lock the thread, im going to do an official thread soon.

Dug

You started it, you can lock it. :P

Bl★ck Star

Steel

Quote from: Dug on 13-05-2010
You started it, you can lock it. :P

Negative.
I cant.

Bl★ck Star