Stalker Models for Arma2

Started by Steel, 09-05-2010

Afromana

Im already practicing to fly the HinD >.>

Assassinator

Helicopter flying is rather easy once you figure it out. Only takes a couple million dollars later and BOOM, you can fly moderately well now.

If you're doing attack runs or staying below a certain point so as to not be killed by AA... that's another story...

Paintcheck

My poor computer would likely get butt fucked running this but DAMN that would be sick. Animations and stuff are already there, all we'd need is talk area pretty much. ArmA 2 also has an AI scriptor so we could get some AI baddies running around without having them running into spawn and whatnot.

Assassinator

Chernarus is completely STALKER ready.

Afromana

Im not so sure that'd be the best map.
I do belive there are several stalker maps already though

Assassinator

Chernarus would be fine till we get something better, though. I'm not sure if this would work, since I haven't tested it, but we could all download the models, I could create a scenario involving these models with a STALKER plot and we could RP from there till more formal roleplay functionalities could be developed.

Edit: ArmA II has an extensive modding community... most of you probably knew this but there are a lot of downloads that include extra vehicles, soldiers, weapons, etc, so I don't think we'd have problems finding content.

Steel

Quote from: Assassinator on 10-05-2010
Chernarus would be fine till we get something better, though. I'm not sure if this would work, since I haven't tested it, but we could all download the models, I could create a scenario involving these models with a STALKER plot and we could RP from there till more formal roleplay functionalities could be developed.

Edit: ArmA II has an extensive modding community... most of you probably knew this but there are a lot of downloads that include extra vehicles, soldiers, weapons, etc, so I don't think we'd have problems finding content.

Well, my net has gone until friday, once its sorted, we can run some testing on this.

All of you feel free to DL the models and make scenarios ready for the testing.
I have currently found no flaws in the models.

Models: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?p=1585961#post1585961

Deadfall is even possible. The engine is ten times more powerful and vetter than Gmods.

Also, to help with the development of this project, PM me.

Szenti

That Zombie Mod looks great. I've patched my game to 1.05 with Afromana, and Devrick. We did play, it was great just -AFRO'S MISSIONS SUCKED- I had to go.
At the moment, I'm making my performance GROW LIKE BALLS OF STEEL. Cleaning registries, Overdriving my processor, everything, : D.
It was fun when I had to assassinate someone in a tent as a Scientist from STALKER.

Afromana

Quote from: Szenti on 11-05-2010
That Zombie Mod looks great. I've patched my game to 1.05 with Afromana, and Devrick. We did play, it was great just -AFRO'S MISSIONS SUCKED- I had to go.
At the moment, I'm making my performance GROW LIKE BALLS OF STEEL. Cleaning registries, Overdriving my processor, everything, : D.
It was fun when I had to assassinate someone in a tent as a Scientist from STALKER.

Not my fault you werent patient for me to even test the mission first.
I had to make 2 minute quickies.

Bl★ck Star

Iam dling it also ima join your Squad Szenti, Afro and Devrick ^^

Zstan

Do want.

Gmod just isn't the same anymore (got boring after 2 years, eh?).

And RP in ARMA2 has been done before.
It was kind of hard because the map is fucking HUGE.

The best part of the RP was being a criminal and raiding the cops supply convoys.
Then we would buy the gun factory and dominate the cops.

Bl★ck Star

Quote from: Zstan on 11-05-2010
Do want.

Gmod just isn't the same anymore (got boring after 2 years, eh?).

And RP in ARMA2 has been done before.
It was kind of hard because the map is fucking HUGE.

The best part of the RP was being a criminal and raiding the cops supply convoys.
Then we would buy the gun factory and dominate the cops.

Yeah after 2-3 Years of Gmod it slowly gets boring, but rp in Arma 2 sounds awesome i can really imagine being a Thief and raiding a Supply convoy :DD

Paintcheck

If you guys get STALKER RP going I'll buy ArmA 2 for it. Will have to play it with all settings low but...meh. I loved ArmA 1.

Bl★ck Star

Afromana

Quote from: Paintcheck on 11-05-2010
If you guys get STALKER RP going I'll buy ArmA 2 for it. Will have to play it with all settings low but...meh. I loved ArmA 1.
Me and Radek have been testing stuff today, Im currently going through gameplay improvement mods, seeing if that might help us.

Steel

I am currently researching RP scripts and how to get speech into the game, ill update you all frequently, those of you that are testing, keep it up.
When my nets back up, we will host a server to do a big test, im creating a large scenario currently, so hold fast!

KingArthur

This looks epic, compatible w/ steam version i hope.

Steel

Quote from: KingArthur on 12-05-2010

ITs only models so it should be fine.

Afromana

Quote from: KingArthur on 12-05-2010

I got the steam version, no difference as all

Steel

So heres my idea:

Seeing as we physically have no script at the moment, theres nothing stoping us from RPing preset events, that we can make in the editor and act out.
We can pre-set NPC paths and everything, we can set timers and what not.
For example... we go in as military, land, have to clear out a town of Stalkers, next thing, ten whole minutes later, a group of stalkers counter attack.
We can write our IC diary on the forums.
This would be temporary, until a script is done, anyone would be welcome to participate, what do you all think?

Bl★ck Star

Nice Idea Jackal :D

Afromana

I'd like some good old passive, it is possible, make a tons of dummy NPC's around incase we die, set up vehicles around (Pickups, helicopters, APC's?), set up a few flag functions, building functions, and you got a working RP. (Flags and building is pre-done in the game)

Steel

Quote from: Afromana on 12-05-2010
I'd like some good old passive, it is possible, make a tons of dummy NPC's around incase we die, set up vehicles around (Pickups, helicopters, APC's?), set up a few flag functions, building functions, and you got a working RP. (Flags and building is pre-done in the game)

The wonderful thing about ArmA2 is there is so much that we can do, we just need to get a working: /me etc.
I mean you could RP with mic, but i dont want to hear all your sucky attempts at russian/ukranian accents :p
I need to speak to those interested in the development of this project properly, so ill have a meeting with you all once my net is back.
I mean it would be great, nice simple vehicle patrols, with an NPC squad controlled by you and another player, and me controlling an NPC squad of stalkers to ambush or whatever takes our fancy.

Szenti

Found two useful stuffs...:
http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=95918 <- Makes possible to command troops/NPCs with speaking on TeamSpeak. (Ingame voice for me is not working.)
http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=74133 <- Chat system with others, maybe it will be useful.

Steel

These could prove useful, could i get you guys to PM me these findings? simply so i can compile them easier, without having to look through the threads, then i can test them out and everything.

EDIT:
Found a script
Can take some elements out of it.
Someone want to test it?
http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=63799