Yes
34 (66.7%)
No
17 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Voting closed: 27-03-2012

Tom

Also. . . Maybe I wasn't clear about this earlier. . . BUT

We AREN'T WIPING CHARACTER BACKSTORYS/Zone experiences. Players may choose to "start fresh" and act like there characters are new. But we aren't forcing them to do so. IE: Joel Reibel will still be the same Joel Reibel after the wipe.

That being said. Please stop getting your panties in a bunch over "Losing backstorys/zone experiences" cause you aren't. You are just losing Gear/Rubles/Stats.
Quote from: TheAndyShandy on 05-12-2013
Oh boy.
Strap yourselves in, it's time for the great 'obligatory' SRP resurrection of 2013/14/15/16/22

Lent23

Quote from: Tom on 22-03-2012
Also. . . Maybe I wasn't clear about this earlier. . . BUT

We AREN'T WIPING CHARACTER BACKSTORYS/Zone experiences. Players may choose to "start fresh" and act like there characters are new. But we aren't forcing them to do so. IE: Joel Reibel will still be the same Joel Reibel after the wipe.

That being said. Please stop getting your panties in a bunch over "Losing backstorys/zone experiences" cause you aren't. You are just losing Gear/Rubles/Stats.
But...
GEAR GEAR GEAR GEAR GEAR
"Mommy, when is Daddy coming home?"
"Here, Alex.. Daddy sent us a package.. The soldier told us that it.. might be a while until Daddy's done with his service. Don't worry, you'll see him soon, Alex.."
"He's always gone! I never get to see him!"

StickyWicket

It just seems so fucking goofy to have all of your characters' experiences. There's no IC explanation for everyone in the fucking land to suddenly have all their material items turned into dust. And the confusion between people starting fresh and people wanting to keep all of their zone experiences with other characters will be too stupid and goofy.

Tom

Last time we had a Wipe I made a reason to lose the gear "Blowout, Dropped my gun and lost my stash of money and weapons n' stuff. Also lost my suit for X reason."
Oh boy.
Strap yourselves in, it's time for the great 'obligatory' SRP resurrection of 2013/14/15/16/22

Steven :D

Quote from: Tom on 22-03-2012
Last time we had a Wipe I made a reason to lose the gear "Blowout, Dropped my gun and lost my stash of money and weapons n' stuff. Also lost my suit for X reason."
Suddenly, Brick loses his exo and fn2000 for the second time.

deluxulous

Corocan

** Bandits knock you the fuck out and take all your stuff and leave you for dead.

Happy?

Overwatch

BanditMonoGeddon.

Everyone wakes up with no gear, and a sore arse.

XenosLokios

Can't it be blamed on the Ecologist Scientist working on a Project with the artifacts and anomalies, suddenly an unsuspected abject occurs which combines both substances which causes a major Psi-Wave knocking out many. After waking up, your items were looted and stolen by a stalker/bandit. You weren't exactly sure still in fact having a major hangover.

Spades_Neil

Bandits would be doing their job just fine if people didn't cry and whine and moan and bitch and sob and stall RP about losing their shiny toys until an admin shows up, someone backs them up, or they ragequit. Whatever happens first.

Plus, it's impossible to do anything bandit related on the new map. It's too small. I really dislike this map, hence my own inactivity. I liked Chernobyl more. Though, call me a hipster, but I thought Chernobyl was the best.

Plunger

Quote from: Spades_Neil on 22-03-2012
Bandits would be doing their job just fine if people didn't cry and whine and moan and bitch and sob and stall RP about losing their shiny toys until an admin shows up, someone backs them up, or they ragequit. Whatever happens first.

Plus, it's impossible to do anything bandit related on the new map. It's too small. I really dislike this map, hence my own inactivity. I liked Chernobyl more. Though, call me a hipster, but I thought Chernobyl was the best.
Then why did you get so mad at me robbing people on FRP...?

Otto

Go back to the Garbage :L

Spades_Neil

Quote from: Plunger on 22-03-2012
Quote from: Spades_Neil on 22-03-2012

Then why did you get so mad at me robbing people on FRP...?

You don't see me trying to rob someone in front of Duty base now do you? Even if no Dutier is online. That's just silly. ICly, who would be so stupid?

meetdadoom

I'm going to be a radical and say not only should we have a server wipe but we should change the canon either a few years back or a year ahead. That way we can restart factions and groups and traders. This way people can start tasting different kinds of roleplay.

[flash=500,30]http://www.youtube.com/v/9UousVNJaIM[/flash]

darkzerxx

Quote from: meetdadoom on 22-03-2012
I'm going to be a radical and say not only should we have a server wipe but we should change the canon either a few years back or a year ahead. That way we can restart factions and groups and traders. This way people can start tasting different kinds of roleplay.

That would work to mix up our servers rp a little if it weren't for the problem of their being no leaders, no traders , Ect. for the first couple days till people start apping. I say its easy to deal with the wipe if we get it sorted out first. And let the player decide if they want to start fresh or just got knocked out and stripped of everything to wake up at the cordon like you just got in zone again... Such is life in the zone.
Leading to a suggestion at the end of the voting some one post final say with new changes Ect.
Ex-Duty-converted Monolith:|Draco 'Dice' stellem|Decease
Stalker/Trader:|Dracovich Raka|Alive
Eco:|Dr.Richard L. Vangraff|In zone
Stalker:|Scarler 'becca' Owen|Alive
Ex-freedomer-duty:|Levi'Fox'Krillen|Alive
Stalker:|Taylor 'trinity'|Alive
Sucker:|Hunter|Alive
Military:|Scarlet Stroik|alive

StickyWicket

Exactly, if you want to wipe you might as well make it so people do something more original and more fun.

nKe

Complete wipe + change map to garbage.

Madcombat

You know what, I think we should also have a canon change while we are at it.

Tom

Well one idea would be to RP it as though it is "based" on the stalker universe but not the specific canon. IE: if we do roll back, the main characters of factions, the games, ect, would be replaced with player like groups. I will explain more when I am not exhausted
Oh boy.

Lent23

I think all we need to do is either
A) Nothing in the Zone ever happened to any of our characters. We can still have the same characters, the same personalities, but they don't have the experiences
B) Jump forward or back in time a bit...
  a) with memories
  b) without memories
"Mommy, when is Daddy coming home?"
"Here, Alex.. Daddy sent us a package.. The soldier told us that it.. might be a while until Daddy's done with his service. Don't worry, you'll see him soon, Alex.."
"He's always gone! I never get to see him!"

We should have a closure sort of event before this wipe if anything.
EDIT: Or a dm fest.

ThY

Quote from: Steven :D on 23-03-2012
Russian Rap disco + helicopters + guns :D?

meetdadoom

Quote from: ThY on 23-03-2012
Tots

[flash=500,30]http://www.youtube.com/v/9UousVNJaIM[/flash]

Quote from: ThY on 23-03-2012
I was thinking of a large stk fight. Everybody versus a gigantic monolith squad.

jaik

Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway