How Can We Improve Your Stalker Roleplay Experience?

Started by Silver Knight, 02-03-2009

lolKieck

Quote from: gunudown on 21-12-2010
Hmm, Possibly Scripted NPC'S Designed Only To Go In Certain Area's, Eg: Military Stay In Military Base, Freedom Nd Duty Stay In there Base,
And then stalkers roam around everywhere
Noding the map is the problem, too much work.
And Duty NPC's can't be RPed with eh ?
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

Legit|Brandon

The only thing I can see using them for is fighting off Zombie NPCs so Duty town is actually a safe place 24/7 if there's no other Dutiers on
For Freedom

lolKieck

Quote from: Legit|Brandon on 22-12-2010
The only thing I can see using them for is fighting off Zombie NPCs so Duty town is actually a safe place 24/7 if there's no other Dutiers on
There are no zombie NPC's normally spawning on the map. The only time it's spawned is when admins go and make an event for players regarding attack of zombies at Duty base.

Paintcheck

Which would then defeat the point of the event if NPCs killed the Zeds for you.

Legit|Brandon

Exactly so no point in having them  ;D
For Freedom

Smithy

Stashes (not too much in them) Which spawn randomly (maybe about two in the whole map to make it easy) and have traders give out jobs to find the stashes and return certain items.
More NPC's, Maybe afew bandits (With the mole and real weapons) Creates the atmosphere for the event that they are used in.
You have done well with the blowouts, Just keep it up....Great going peeps :D
'Dweller'
KIA, Body not found. PDA Discovered.
-------------------------------------------------------
Kergert - Initiate Kergert Active.
Location unknown.
-------------------------------------------------------
The Jester
Active/Alive - Location zone sector
Urban Mercnary Suit|Groza|Vogs attached

Bucky

I suggest getting rid of shipment buying... When people want to buy A single Viper I don't wanna have to pay 4000 RU for four when I only need one...

Sickness

Quote from: Smithy on 25-12-2010
Stashes (not too much in them) Which spawn randomly (maybe about two in the whole map to make it easy) and have traders give out jobs to find the stashes and return certain items.
More NPC's, Maybe afew bandits (With the mole and real weapons) Creates the atmosphere for the event that they are used in.

Then people will be camping the locations of the stashes as they respawn, and the bandits would be getting spawn killed also just for their guns.
Rusty - Returned to the Zone

jaik

Quote from: Sickness on 02-01-2011

Then people will be camping the locations of the stashes as they respawn, and the bandits would be getting spawn killed also just for their guns.

-Not if silver will implement random spawns.
-Also, not if they(guns) will be coded to ('kill') themselves OnDrop.
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

Smirnoff

the stashes could be implented in less then half an hour if he wanted to.

Edit: There, I made it in 5 minutes.

function SpawnStash()
local itemlist = {
"itemshere"
}

local spawns = ents.FindByClass("info_stash_spawn")
local stashpos = table.Random(spawns)
local stash = ents.Create("item_lootstash")
stash:SetPos(stashpos:GetPos())
stash:SetAngle(stashpos:GetAngle())
stash:Spawn()
end

timer.Create("stashspawn_timer", 300, 0, SpawnStash())

The above code will spawn a stash at a random "info_stash_spawn" entity on the map.
You can create random loot by entering items into the loot table, make it pick a random and add it to the container using whatever script you do to do that.

"|HGN| G-Man: Dont know what loli is, but i'd lie if I said I havn't seen some of that hentai stuff."

jaik

Quote from: Smirnoff on 03-01-2011

the stashes could be implented in less then half an hour if he wanted to.

Edit: There, I made it in 5 minutes.

function SpawnStash()
local itemlist = {
"itemshere"
}

local spawns = ents.FindByClass("info_stash_spawn")
local stashpos = table.Random(spawns)
local stash = ents.Create("item_lootstash")
stash:SetPos(stashpos:GetPos())
stash:SetAngle(stashpos:GetAngle())
stash:Spawn()
end

timer.Create("stashspawn_timer", 300, 0, SpawnStash())

The above code will spawn a stash at a random "info_stash_spawn" entity on the map.
You can create random loot by entering items into the loot table, make it pick a random and add it to the container using whatever script you do to do that.

The code itself is correct, however, that code is for lemonade, not nexus.

Thus, it's wrong.

Smirnoff

Quote from: Jake on 03-01-2011

The code itself is correct, however, that code is for lemonade, not nexus.

Thus, it's wrong.

Of course, that just an example of HOW it could be done, the entity names are just something I made up, and the actual container system would have to be implented as well.
"|HGN| G-Man: Dont know what loli is, but i'd lie if I said I havn't seen some of that hentai stuff."

Khorn

You would have to make sure it be fair for players. Like a minimum limit of players needed which would change the value of items in stash, the chance of spawning and dangers of getting close to it(anomalies, spawn in radiated waters, other).

We wouldn't want a single player on all night alone touring the map looking for a stash of items.

Domkrat

There are was 35 players on the server last week. But nobody plays this week. I play only 3 weeks and i think SRP - is very good and interesting mod. I heard all play in Middle Ages mod now. But it's bad that nobody play SRP

Faxxon

Salvagable Nodes - Crafting System, more emphasis on STK - /me aims my weapon /me fires a burst is retarded because the game mechanics encompass these actions anyway, roleplaying is supposed to be ineteresting not static and boring - its supposed to drive your character and make things interactive but leave a fair portion to your imagination; unfortnately I find most of the SRP mechanics for lack of a better word, boring.

lolKieck

Quote from: Faxxon on 10-01-2011
Salvagable Nodes - Crafting System, more emphasis on STK - /me aims my weapon /me fires a burst is retarded because the game mechanics encompass these actions anyway, roleplaying is supposed to be ineteresting not static and boring - its supposed to drive your character and make things interactive but leave a fair portion to your imagination; unfortnately I find most of the SRP mechanics for lack of a better word, boring.
Feel free to STK everyone in sight. /me shoots at you is actually better way, BECAUSE there won't be any constant moaning about "that bandit who opened fire at me" and people will actually KNOW YOU are FIRING AT THEM.

Paintcheck

Problem with that is people are whiney bitches who will complain if they lose any thing fro fights. Which is why STK fights are rarer than live giant squids in captivity and probably also why SRP has been 0/45 for the past 2 weeks straight.

Although as I type this there are 10 people on the server.

Faxxon

When I play MMO's I play to PvP, I enjoy the thrill of killing another player in live combat, I enjoy looting his shit afterwards and taking it for my own and if I feel like it I might feel the sudden burst of need to take a giant shit on his ego through private messaging - were in a wasteland were law is only enforced in the confines of factions encampments - everything else in the world should be free game, but I suppose if the community can't attune to what and how a wasteland environment should respond to them...

Duranblackraven

"I can't be a dick and steal everyone's shit, so, this is boreing." That's all I'm really hearing. You CAN STK, you have to declare it, or actually use a brain and RP killing them. This isn't WoW, this is an Rp server. There's a difference. Go and read the rules for an in dept guide to the combat.

Faxxon

You give the impression you think killing other players is a form of griefing, I hope I didn't step into some sort of carebear community.

Paintcheck

You give the impression you think killing other players is a form of griefing, I hope I didn't step into some sort of carebear community.

The difference is in MMO games money and gear is easy to come by since there is a computer giving quests out and NPCs to grind to reearn anything that might be lost. SRP doesn't have that so people get frustrated when they work for weeks to earn enough for a good gun and then lose it the next day. Money is scarce, there are no jobs and with the server population as low as it is that isn't likely  to change any time soon.

deluxulous

You give the impression that all you want to do is kill other people. Just saying.

Faxxon

I see nothing wrong with creating a character with a murderous persona providing there is some in-depth detail given to his background and his progression is consistent, bandits are not susceptible to charismatic manipulation and its very hard to turn the tides when you encounter one - its a lawless world out there and hes going to exploit anyone he can lay his hands on for his own personal gain.

It's a shame the servers economy doesn't give some leeway for these playstyles. Oh well. Some wasteland :(

Paintcheck

We've been trying to fix the economy ever since STALKER has been up. SK has this idea in his head that everyone must be poor and bored all the time so it is very hard to actually enact change.

The best times of SRP came 2 summers ago when we had artifact spawning on their own, providing easy income. A little more refinement of that system would make things much more fun (back in the day there were issues with it spawning millions of artifacts at  once which wrecked the economy completely) but it got abandoned for some reason.

jaik

What he meant was, that this is still a roleplay server and the primary way to kill a character, would be through RP, not OOC fighting.

I prefer the second option in most cases, but you still don't have to forget that this is serious roleplay.