How Can We Improve Your Stalker Roleplay Experience?

Started by Silver Knight, 02-03-2009

Paintcheck

Quote from: Mikhail on 31-07-2010
Unless theres something about the canon I don't know like the stalkers and shit are only in chernobyl to make money and can leave whenever they want.

That's actually true. Among other reasons for stalking.

Mikhail

but theres no specific information about this servers canon? it follows the games canon precisely?

Khorn

It should follow, but a lot of people don't try too hard to follow.

Combine

Many Bandit Traders do that but not normal Traders....

alex4576

add a .357 magnum or some sort of revolver to the server

Paintcheck

Already did that last time I updated the sweps and it works fine, other than the lua error that shows up when it is fired (which I have since fixed but don't think Exile put that on the server yet)

Although when I made it I didn't want that to be everyone's new favorite gun, was supposed to be a little more exclusive than that.

KillSlim

Fuck me, I see a lot of ungrateful players demanding more mishuns from traders.

I'll let you in on something: Creating missions is a logistical nightmare, especially since this new map is huge. A simple 'Fetch my memory stick' mission is harder than ever because of the sheer size of the new map.
If it's not a fetch quest, it's most likely a hunt-quest, so you request friends or admins with access to rarer flags to pose as the target.

After running from one side of the Zone and back, or interupting someone elses' RP, you finally made a mission or two.
Lay off the traders for fuck sake, sure they're practically rolling around in money and exo suits these days but you need to remember how much of a faff setting up missions is.

Where have anomalies gone? "Hurr Duur they crash da server"- Wrong! Idiots chucking props or the infamously unstable Stalker ragdolls into Vortex anomalies crashes the server. The absence of artifacts is really beginning to take it's toll on the humble Stalker.
It's like the new government over here in the UK, further widening the gap between the rich and poor (The traders and Stalkers) due to lack of financial support from the government (Lack of artifacts from the admin team who refuse to spawn anomalies).

Go on, have a look at your typical Stalker and your typical trader, what do you see? I see an Exo on one side, and maybe a sunrise suit on the other.

Artifacts are uncommon as a whole. They're not epicly rare, play the Stalker games and you can come across quite a few in a short space of time. Artifact hunting is the Stalkers' primary way of accumulating money, more pressure is being put upon the traders to make mishuns because there are no artifacts to hunt.
Bottom line: Bring back anomalies!
"Yes, we will be changed and we will march with him, then all the world will have his colour and his light and his madness."

Ace: Howdy-do, Killslim.
Paintcheck: Uh...
Paintcheck: Wrong window

Mikhail

artifacts are the entire reason stalkers came into the zone if i am correct, with no artifacts there is no benefit to staying in the zone.

KillSlim

Quote from: Mikhail on 24-08-2010
artifacts are the entire reason stalkers came into the zone if i am correct, with no artifacts there is no benefit to staying in the zone.

Not really.
People came into the Zone to escape law, or because there is no employment available, etc. Artifacts are mere whispers outside the Zone.

But I do understand your point, artifacts are Stalkers' primary source of income, and people are trying to reach the center / reach more unpopulated areas of the zone (Up North) because you constantly hear about hordes of new artifacts, ie: Lot'sa money.
"Yes, we will be changed and we will march with him, then all the world will have his colour and his light and his madness."

Ace: Howdy-do, Killslim.
Paintcheck: Uh...
Paintcheck: Wrong window

Pawx

Don't forget Mutants, and at the Moment, it seems like a walk in the park in the Zone...

lolKieck

Quote from: Pawx on 24-08-2010

Don't forget Mutants, and at the Moment, it seems like a walk in the park in the Zone...

Don't forget powergaming assholes who think with an AKS74M (not the SMG-like) and a merc suit they can kill one.
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

Comradebritish

It's funny, without artifacts you'd expect the Economy of the zone to plumit, it doesn't seem that way :/
Suspiciously cheesy man sighted on east pier at 9pm.

meetdadoom

Implement SKILL RP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

An experianced merc is gunna rape a  rookie stalker. A Military solider is going to oblitarte a rookie stalker. A Veteran Stalker is going to kill an experianced merc.
Does this make sense in a way?

[flash=500,30]http://www.youtube.com/v/9UousVNJaIM[/flash]

Aresty

So your point is. Bloodsucker/Controllers/Spetsnaz= Rapes everybody ?

Dug

So you are saying, a veteran stalker who has no shit will pwn me even if I'm just a stalker, with an actual stalker suit and an abakan.

Aresty

I think there should be something like skills regarding weapons, that's actually In game. Like low accuracy for that type of weapons will make you miss most of the time, while the experienced stalkers will start with more accuracy, making them to miss less etc.

Dug

Quote from: Aresty on 14-09-2010
I think there should be something like skills regarding weapons, that's actually In game. Like low accuracy for that type of weapons will make you miss most of the time, while the experienced stalkers will start with more accuracy, making them to miss less etc.

What if the regular stalker didn't donate and was around more than the new donator aka experienced stalker?

jaik

Quote from: Dug on 14-09-2010
e regular stalker didn't donate and was around more than the new donator aka experienced stalker?

The Aiming skill could increase when a certain amounts of bullets was shot?
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

Dug

Quote from: Jake on 14-09-2010
e regular stalker didn't donate and was around more than the new donator aka experienced stalker?

The Aiming skill could increase when a certain amounts of bullets was shot?

People would just load up their guns and fire randomly to raise skill.

jaik

People would just load up their guns and fire randomly to raise skill.

The skill should raise very slowly, so eventually, you'll get there.
No point in buying ammo and wasting it for nothing.
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

Paintcheck

Skills are fucking evil and should not be used to give people excuses to power game. I can see it now: rookie stalker has a gun to the back of vet's head Vet spins on him and shoots him because his "Agility skill" is higher and therefore he is faster than bullets. Will be retarded.

meetdadoom

So you are saying, a veteran stalker who has no shit will pwn me even if I'm just a stalker, with an actual stalker suit and an abakan.

I mean of course add reality but I am just saying like a spetznas soilder will have an upper hand over a rookie stalker. Do you get what I mean?

[flash=500,30]http://www.youtube.com/v/9UousVNJaIM[/flash]

Dug

Quote from: meetdadoom on 15-09-2010

I mean of course add reality but I am just saying like a spetznas soilder will have an upper hand over a rookie stalker. Do you get what I mean?

That's where FEAR RP comes in. The rookie has to be afraid of the spetznaz and gtfo.

irondeity

Quote from: Dug on 15-09-2010
Quote from: meetdadoom on 15-09-2010

That's where FEAR RP comes in. The rookie has to be afraid of the spetznaz and gtfo.
Hell yes. Next to the mutants, monolith and Upper tier mercs, the Spetz are the definition of fear in the Zone for everyone. I would definitely like to see some more FEAR RP out of the players, that goes for the Military newbloods, they may or may not be battle-hardened from prior operations, but if they are new to the Zone then they should be acting the role of a jumpy new guy. And as for Stalkers running to the Military base, please dont, it's a fast track to death, a normal human does not in their right mind go to a Military base, guns blazing. Also you may not see mutant-players online, but now and then you can passive and bluntly RP the thought of them being around, as we dont rely on NPC's to do it you should know they'd still be a big presence. I have more things to list should i not see them being done by people in the future =)
Unaffiliated: Mikhal 'Sabre' Tokerov -:- Alive
Ex-Military/Spetsnaz: Andrei 'War' Mirkov -:- Alive
Military Observer: Victor Tokerov -:- Alive
Unaffiliated: 'Siege' -:- Deceased
Leoyid 'Rat Tail' Olinsky -:- Alive
The Tar Man -:- No Data

Bielecki

No one is scared of the Monolith :(