How Can We Improve Your Stalker Roleplay Experience?

Started by Silver Knight, 02-03-2009

lolKieck

Quote from: coolkid93 on 15-05-2010
Quote from: HostelEffect on 02-03-2009
More Cowbell.
By removing the monoglith, The only thing they do on the server is to rdm.
Me and five friends stop playing after 10 min becourse that almost all of us had atleast been killed 2 times in in 10 min.

The complaints board on Monolith is your friend. Post their names, mate.
I had nice RP with Monolith actually. It depends if Bielecki or Predu is on.
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

Vesuvious

Quote from: Chaos on 26-04-2010
NPCs could do great things for SRP. Everyone has their own battle moving from place to place, and it should attract players. It should be very few NPCs, a sucker here and there. You could make spawn points different for each NPC, zombies should be in one general area. We could even setup NPC's to notice you of dangerous zones, and recommend bringing a weapon or something.

This could be done if those npcs were put into an area they can't exit. Since they can't climb ladders sewers and other similar places would be a good-start, also possibly NPC snork packs could occasionally (every 45 minutes or so) spawn somewhere in the open (a set area though) The snork ai shouldn't give chase to a player that runs more then X number of meters away from them to prevent someone from pulling them into spawn points.

commanthe2

That what I was thinking. About the set number before "giving up"

Predu

Paychecks for everyone. Explainment: First of all, many would start paycheck farming, now if you think thats bad, think of this; The server activicy would go up high, then paycheck farmers would notice that they don't need to farm since there are so many other players or paycheck farmers to RP with.

Second: Why do you think there aren't that many loners on anymore, mostly faction members and people that have flags that get paychecks. Loners don't bother, noone gives them missions, no way of making money and artifacts are ridiculously rare.

Third: Sure this might cause a "SRP inflation", but hey, look it this way; People have money, they can buy stuff and losing stuff won't be so annoying and I think the amount of flaming and complaining about looted stuff would decrease.

People hate to lose stuff, and that is ruining the RP at times. And the response to this from admins has been strict rules so far, no offence.

Edit: Eh, forget about this, bad idea.

Plunger

Paychecks, what the fuck is this? Dark RP?

Predu

Quote from: Alucard on 01-07-2010

Make a loner and try to make money, without having a flag that you get paychecks as, and you'll see what I mean. Also, lets make it a bit more tricky, don't rob others.

Steel

Quote from: Predu on 01-07-2010

Make a loner and try to make money, without having a flag that you get paychecks as, and you'll see what I mean. Also, lets make it a bit more tricky, don't rob others.

I really dont understand what you guys see this server as.
Its not supposed to be about making money, but RPing in the zone, your SUPPOSED TO STRUGGLE.

Chaos

Quote from: Steel on 01-07-2010

Its not supposed to be about making money, but RPing in the zone, your SUPPOSED TO STRUGGLE.
^^

OccAZNion

Can't really RP without starting with a pistol and robbed immediately as you settle out. No, I don't walk up to them. I just blatantly get run up to from the great beyond without noticing, and then have 2 broski'z point guns at me ;_;
Besides the only "Actual," RP is done in factions resulting in practically every greenhorn joining a faction just to avoid getting robbed on the roads and have something to do. Or have some money to actually buy items to RP with. Cause apparently most of every RP consists of a gun.

There is like no "Life," in the RP role of a Loner unless you actually meet someone who has a flag and willing to lead an army of Rookies armed with stale bread/PDA's for rocks. Other than that, walk around and just eavesdrop on the factions' conversations just to entertain yourself.

Anyway is there a possibility where you can script interaction with the map? Like for example, putting up the action list when examining the geography of "Garbage." You search at 10% success rate through the "Garbage," landscape and uncover scrap metal. Yay, earns you 1 RU.
That or Admins can occasionally hide well hidden stashes across the map from time to time, so Loners actually have something to do for once.

For you know? An actual economy. I know we're suppose to struggle, but I rather struggle in a economy that exists by making few RU just to survive by some means than struggle just because missions and obtaining RU is non-existent while trying to obtain "Tools," from Traders to RP in the 1st place costs beyond imagination.

This is basically how it started when I first RP'd the server.

Me: Alright..time for a STALKER Life..
Err..apparently while I'm aware of how dangerous this place is, I apparently do not pack a gun or a -->KNIFE<-- for survival in the radiated wilderness. Oh well let's head off to find "Civilization."
*After 2 minutes of walking*
*You have been stumbled upon by a Bandit*
Bandit: Hey bitch, give me your shit.
Me: I only got a piece of bread..
Bandit: Kay juu slave naoz
*2 real hours of being in a cage pin*
Me-OCC: Yeah I'm bored shitless, can I leave now?
Bandit-OCC: Nobody bought you yet..
Me-OCC: Who the fuck is going to spend 1500 RU on a rookie..
Bandit: Kay, I decided I'm just going to kill you now.
*Respawn*
*You Encountered a Bandit*
Me-OCC: Fucking what? You're the same guy, if I didn't have stuff last time, what makes you think I have shit now?!
Bandit: I'm taking you as a slave.
Me-OCC: FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
*Hours Later*
*Arrived at a Trader*
Me: Hey I need a pistol, how much?
Trader: 400 RU.
Me: I only got 300 RU and bread...will that work?
Trader: No, tough luck.
Me: Well got any jobs?
Trader: No.
*A Week of Asking*
Me: How bout now?
Trader: No.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
Vasily Ivanov - MIA

Paintcheck

With random artifact spawns there now is a way for Loners to make money. Explore and find artifacts.

Khorn

Isn't SRP gonna swap to the Nexus script? IF so the script IG uses has a random spawn of scraps for people to cash in. Though it could be replaced to spawn a single random artifact from time to time.

lolKieck

Quote from: Khorn on 07-07-2010
Isn't SRP gonna swap to the Nexus script? IF so the script IG uses has a random spawn of scraps for people to cash in. Though it could be replaced to spawn a single random artifact from time to time.

Or Exile could make like 2-3 low-grade weapons spawn on the whole map.
It'd be very cool. It won't be a good way to make money + we won't have rookies with G36.
Pistols - from Makarov to Beretta.
SMG's - the only good ol' MP5.
Assault Rifles - only AKSu.
It'd be seriously very cool !
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

Steel

Quote from: OccAZNion on 07-07-2010

Can't really RP without starting with a pistol and robbed immediately as you settle out. No, I don't walk up to them. I just blatantly get run up to from the great beyond without noticing, and then have 2 broski'z point guns at me ;_;
Besides the only "Actual," RP is done in factions resulting in practically every greenhorn joining a faction just to avoid getting robbed on the roads and have something to do. Or have some money to actually buy items to RP with. Cause apparently most of every RP consists of a gun.

There is like no "Life," in the RP role of a Loner unless you actually meet someone who has a flag and willing to lead an army of Rookies armed with stale bread/PDA's for rocks. Other than that, walk around and just eavesdrop on the factions' conversations just to entertain yourself.

I know a Handful of decent loners on the server, and Loner RP is simply as good as it gets, Its not supposed to be easy, if your stupid, you will get robbed.
My only Characters are Loners, i have never been held up, fact is, other loners will always back you up, hang around with other loners, they will always take you in and treat you like one of their own, unless you come across one ignorant arsehole.
End.

Paintcheck

When you have guns that is true. When you are ae new player to the server who doesn't know anyone ICly or OOCly then being a loner goes from being ICly difficult to being OOCly not fun.

Steel

You can simply approach any loner, Like i said,  for protection.
To be honest, the moment things get easy, the stalker feel dissapears.
I love struggling for items and money in my honest opinion.

Chance

I would love it if we switched to a own version of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. in blueprint two.

British the l33test

I would like random drops of things but like Snpcs right neer them so you fight to get it ^_^.

meetdadoom

Quote from: British the l33test on 21-07-2010
I would like random drops of things but like Snpcs right neer them so you fight to get it ^_^.

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Although I do think that Traders should be giving out more jobs and starting more events. This jobs don't even have to be such big jobs they can be like deliver quests or go map out the anomlies so my trade import can get here safely and etc. I mean seriously I do have to give props to a few traders actually try to make full blown events but im like saying little jobs that would actually benfiet the trader icly.

Also a little more passive rp items like idk, mats that you can sleep on, camp fires you can make,food you have to cook up, or when you use a drink you watch yourself sip a drink.

[flash=500,30]http://www.youtube.com/v/9UousVNJaIM[/flash]

Recreas

Traders need to give out more jobs.
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves

Son0fgrim

Quote from: meetdadoom on 22-07-2010
Quote from: British the l33test on 21-07-2010

I agree, the game can get rather unimersive. also, if you kill a snpc you could get a bounty for killing it. that bounty could be an item.

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Although I do think that Traders should be giving out more jobs and starting more events. This jobs don't even have to be such big jobs they can be like deliver quests or go map out the anomlies so my trade import can get here safely and etc. I mean seriously I do have to give props to a few traders actually try to make full blown events but im like saying little jobs that would actually benfiet the trader icly.

Also a little more passive rp items like idk, mats that you can sleep on, camp fires you can make,food you have to cook up, or when you use a drink you watch yourself sip a drink.

Jak Ralsh: Freelance STALKER

Paintcheck

Quote from: Recreas on 23-07-2010

This. I am really tired of having traders ask me for Exos and things like that when they do not put any of the money they earn back into the economy. If you are a trader it is your job to offer missions and events with the money you earn. It is not your job to see how rich you can get, use the trader menu to buy skats and FN2000s, and then deflag and go back to being a loner.

Nargotah

You gotta remember though, traders aren't the only ones that can give out jobs. If you're a faction officer or whatever, you can also give out little things, scouting and whatnot. If you have a construction thing planned, you can hire them to help you out with it. Just gotta use that imagination a bit.

JihadiAllah

Quote from: Paintcheck on 23-07-2010
Quote from: Recreas on 23-07-2010

This. I am really tired of having traders ask me for Exos and things like that when they do not put any of the money they earn back into the economy. If you are a trader it is your job to offer missions and events with the money you earn. It is not your job to see how rich you can get, use the trader menu to buy skats and FN2000s, and then deflag and go back to being a loner.

This is what irritates me more is why a trader needs an Exo or anything such as those type of stuff..Your there to make an economy for the server not seeing how cool you look then just walking around the map exploring and just talking to people. Go set up a traders post and sell your goods..Be a trader and make missions its the whole point of being a trader..

Mikhail

add a section in the f1 menu that explains the canon of STALKER and the canon of the server specifically for people who have never played the games (such as me) I still have questions about the canon myself, such as why paper money still holds value in a wasteland, its my belief people would barter for things that can help them survive, like trading a case of bullets for something or other. Or using food to get weapons, things such as that. Unless theres something about the canon I don't know like the stalkers and shit are only in chernobyl to make money and can leave whenever they want.

Duranblackraven

Quote from: Mikhail on 31-07-2010
add a section in the f1 menu that explains the canon of STALKER and the canon of the server specifically for people who have never played the games (such as me) I still have questions about the canon myself, such as why paper money still holds value in a wasteland, its my belief people would barter for things that can help them survive, like trading a case of bullets for something or other. Or using food to get weapons, things such as that. Unless theres something about the canon I don't know like the stalkers and shit are only in chernobyl to make money and can leave whenever they want.

Go read the wiki.