How Can We Improve Your Stalker Roleplay Experience?

Started by Silver Knight, 02-03-2009

Zarrick

Thats similar to the Ships gameplay, its a Murder game, you are told to kill somone, you have to find them and elimenate them, anyway, you have to run up to them and click on them to find out there name.

But still dosnt solve the problem, it'd be hard to do I imagine.
====================================

====================================

Dutch

Nah, don't go make some half-broken script that is likely to just break more stuff.
Just tell them to not metagame. And if they do, punch them.
"What dutch says, when he's not trollin mono, he talkes good smartness." - Comradebritish

YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST, FOLKS

DeltaFart95

More weapons I think would make it a bit cooler, so that we can have really cheap weapons other than pistols, and really expensive weapons like Sniper Rifles and Machine Guns
Oh yeah can we have the traders give out jobs like in the game so that newbies like me cna earn some money to buy stuff?  Or jobs for items?

Locke

There are plently of weapons, and when traders are on there are missions.

DeltaFart95

Well ok if you guys think so, I won't argue, though we do seem rather low on the shotgun depot

Also is there any way to get a PDA map?  Would seriously help out with the finding of the different areas for the newbies

OxTox

Make weapons break after having shot three clips so they have to see a trader, and implent it when the Weight System is implented so we can make Secret Stashes in container props such as the small file cabinet and get Rookie's armed against those bandits but still don't have the weapon for unlimited amount of time, and only Trader's can repair the weapon or you have to buy an expensive Flash Drive that contains information about how to fix weaponry and gives you the ability to repair weapons with the item weapon components that is bought of traders!

Edit: Altough Wazer Wifle told me a fact which is true and I didn't think of in the first place that Kalashnikov's don't break very fast.. So it's kind of a stupid suggestion because almost everyone in the zone uses a Kalashnikov...

Wazer Wifle

3 clips until breakage? Nah, How about 15.

OxTox

Quote from: Wazer Wifle on 04-09-2009
3 clips until breakage? Nah, How about 15.

My reason for the three clips means people will pipe down on the Shoot on Sight on Bloodsuckers, or other factions and will roleplay shootings instead of STK on Sight by emtying clips onto the rock they are behind, perhaps more clips until it breaks since some people roleplaying covering fire, like me by shooting at a door to prevent them from opening it. But still, what's your opinion about the rest of the suggesiton, Wazer?

Assassinator

People should be able to RP what they want. I do not really like the idea of restricting more of the roleplay.

OxTox

Quote from: Assassinator1097 on 04-09-2009
People should be able to RP what they want. I do not really like the idea of restricting more of the roleplay.

I totally agree with you assassinator1097, but this does add a Stalker Feel because ofcourse the zone taints your weapons and such + it brings more roleplay possibilities. So it's just a suggestion I don't mind if it's taken into consideration or not.

Wazer Wifle

DeltaFart95

I have put tons off ammo through my 60+ year old garand and it's never, never jammed once, except for human error with the loading.  So I don't think that 3 clips would work well at all

Moordact

I do not support the "X clips until break" suggest
Don't mind my englisch im Dutch!

DeltaFart95

Oh yeah, can we put a list of script commands in the menu thingy that you have to hit f2 for?  That and a list of pricing?  Cause I'd think a stalker would know "roughly" how much a certain weapon is, would he not? It's kind of like on the Paradox RP server, where you dont start off with a flashlight which I personally find is retarded, all things considered, since I bring a flashlight with me when I go CAMPING, let alone to go live in a place like the zone

KillSlim

Quote from: DeltaFart95 on 04-09-2009
Oh yeah, can we put a list of script commands in the menu thingy that you have to hit f2 for?  That and a list of pricing?  Cause I'd think a stalker would know "roughly" how much a certain weapon is, would he not? It's kind of like on the Paradox RP server, where you dont start off with a flashlight which I personally find is retarded, all things considered, since I bring a flashlight with me when I go CAMPING, let alone to go live in a place like the zone
1.) Use your own memory, after a small while you will be able to remember the costs of most of the weapons in SRP.
2.) I don't think SK will ever remove the flash light swep, even though it's useless and never used.

Here's my suggestion: Dramatically reduce the amount of time taken for paychecks, I've heard it's 60 minutes! And for what, 200, 300, 400 RU? That can barely buy anyone anything, especially since the trader prices have been raised by a third.
Originally it was around 3 minutes, why not make it something like 8 minutes? It's not too fast, nor too slow.
I know this is "SilverKnight's idea on how to get people to do stuff" (Quoted from an SRP player) but, it won't work, really it won't.
"Yes, we will be changed and we will march with him, then all the world will have his colour and his light and his madness."

Ace: Howdy-do, Killslim.
Paintcheck: Uh...
Paintcheck: Wrong window

tk210

Seph491

Hmmm, a little less shooing of loners.

Wordsworth

I'm not sure if this has been discussed before. But the game seems to be pushing away Loners.

Right now, I'm a Loner because Freedom, Duty, Military, Bandits and Eco is not for me. I'd be perfectly happy with being a loner but I end up working for hours, sometimes over the course of a few weeks to save up enough money to buy a decent weapon, eventually a suit.

The problem is, the inventory system is extremely unstable. I end up logging in and losing items, I die and lose items, I die and lose items that were in my inventory, items being stuck on my body, impossible to remove, I crash and lose items, I lose items constantly.

Which puts me back at square one - Work my ass off to earn enough money and buy a new one to lose, rinse, repeat.

There is a no remberishment policy with the admins and traders. Even so some have helped me out, either by giving me new weapons or refunding what I lost, or money.

Even so, the way this is going makes it impossible for me to move up in the world as a loner. I'm trying to run a Loner-run security firm to protect Traders and Eco's, it's been doing well but I can't do it very well without weapons, even if I never use them.

I'm not sure what can be done to fix this. Am I intended to be forced into a faction due to this? I don't want to buy Exp Stalker or Merc or anything, too expensive for a virtual title and virtual benifits.

These glitches are starting to turn me off and discourage me Roleplaying, I'm afraid of ever leaving the bar and losing valuable items.

So, that's my two cents. Anyone have any ideas?
RAVENWOOD - The Ukraine's top Private Security Firm is looking for tough men and women to join The Zone Special Task Force.

Ravenwood, Training Today to Meet the Challenges of Tomorrow!

KillSlim

Sorry to hear it Words, but it happens to everyone here, and it's Garry's fault, that's why I've started a "PUNCH GARRY IN THE FACE" fund.
Everyone pays me 5 USD / 5 GBP, and I'll go over to Garry's apartment, and punch in THE FACE.
Back on track. The only way to avoid this is not to die, keep items under an amount of 6, and keep those items untouched in your inventory for a long time for them to save.
No way to avoid it / fix it on this current version in the script.
"Yes, we will be changed and we will march with him, then all the world will have his colour and his light and his madness."

Ace: Howdy-do, Killslim.
Paintcheck: Uh...
Paintcheck: Wrong window

Wordsworth

Hopefully my request for a Merc Flag for my Private Military Contractor/Security group will pass and I can use it to fund the rest of my men, whom are also loners.
RAVENWOOD - The Ukraine's top Private Security Firm is looking for tough men and women to join The Zone Special Task Force.

Locke

Quote from: Wordsworth on 10-09-2009
Hopefully my request for a Merc Flag for my Private Military Contractor/Security group will pass and I can use it to fund the rest of my men, whom are also loners.

Gotta donate for a merc flag.

Wordsworth

Goose

this server would be great it people would just start Rp instead of Dming all the time you also need to fix that world spawn thingy it gets really annoying
~"Victory isn't sweet, Victory is the absence of the taste of fear and stench of death"

2power

Can you add a delete character function its annoying to have a over stuffed character lists full of world spawn bugs thanks for reading
𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕽𝖔𝖙𝖍𝖈𝖍𝖎𝖑𝖉𝖘 𝖇𝖔𝖜 𝖙𝖔 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖔𝖌𝖉𝖆𝖓𝖔𝖋𝖋𝖘