How Can We Improve Your Stalker Roleplay Experience?

Started by Silver Knight, 02-03-2009

Zyroke

I like the idea of adding a way to access music in the server. Not like music, but the Guitar songs that I so humbly have come to love and enjoy after hearing them over and over in SoC and CS. I think it adds to the atmosphere.

Assassinator

Quote from: Locke on 06-08-2009
Vehicles would be no good, map is too small, and people could DM

Vehicles = for trusted and they don't move that fast. It'd be cool to actually have a vehicle instead of physing a prop around.

PimpMasterJ

More vehicles and more guns would be cool.

RiotGuard

Quote from: Locke on 06-08-2009
Vehicles would be no good, map is too small, and people could DM

And you can't DM with the helicopter?
Peace and love,
Marcus

KillSlim

"Yes, we will be changed and we will march with him, then all the world will have his colour and his light and his madness."

Ace: Howdy-do, Killslim.
Paintcheck: Uh...
Paintcheck: Wrong window

Rhyom Guther

KillSlim

Just a thought, but maybe add a poltergeist flag under the mutants section.
Poltergeists are said be souls of Stalkers, they lurk in underground areas, and surfaced deep parts of the Zone.
They range from menacing mischievous fits of laughter to screams of pain, to sobbing.
If we wanted to make this work, we could add echoes and slight distortion in Audacity.
"Yes, we will be changed and we will march with him, then all the world will have his colour and his light and his madness."

Royz

I noticed this, not sure if it's a player model or what, but it intrigued me.

http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=73058

Locke

You'd have to see if they're made for players. but it looks cool

QBiT

Dont know if this has been suggested before, but i really liked when the admins played background music, im listening to the stalker soc tracks right now actually, and if its on a low, but not too low volume, it brings _alot_ of atmosphere, i meal alot. It would be cool to hear background music.

E: And the guitar swep should be done, i really enjoy sitting around the a campfire on a rainy day, and if someone starts playing guitar, it would light up the atmosphere.

E2: Also, im pissed off that i cant run and jump, makes it _very_ hard to jump to a ladder etc

Wellington

Quote from: QBiT on 19-08-2009
Dont know if this has been suggested before, but i really liked when the admins played background music, im listening to the stalker soc tracks right now actually, and if its on a low, but not too low volume, it brings _alot_ of atmosphere, i meal alot. It would be cool to hear background music.

E: And the guitar swep should be done, i really enjoy sitting around the a campfire on a rainy day, and if someone starts playing guitar, it would light up the atmosphere.

E2: Also, im pissed off that i cant run and jump, makes it _very_ hard to jump to a ladder etc
YES! NEED THE MUSIC. It's adds so much to atmosphere.

bto

I remember there was a spawned radio that would play songs and someone playing a gutar...I remember when i was new(Didnt know what stalker was)And just sat there in the town listening to a gutar rping...THat was alot of fun...Wasnt this map though...Good times...Good times.
Freedom all day BITCHES!

Locke

Quote from: bto2295 on 25-08-2009
I remember there was a spawned radio that would play songs and someone playing a gutar...I remember when i was new(Didnt know what stalker was)And just sat there in the town listening to a gutar rping...THat was alot of fun...Wasnt this map though...Good times...Good times.

The radio should be brought back, lots of good times there.

Campin Carl

Speaking of radio, when you're near a freestraight or something and they use a radio, and it comes up in chat, (and also assuming you're not a freesmart) I think it would be better if it said *radio* in the chat message, because this can lead to really confusing moments...Otherwise it pops up as if it was a normal message.

Locke

Quote from: Campin Carl on 26-08-2009
Speaking of radio, when you're near a freestraight or something and they use a radio, and it comes up in chat, (and also assuming you're not a freesmart) I think it would be better if it said *radio* in the chat message, because this can lead to really confusing moments...Otherwise it pops up as if it was a normal message.,

Yeah

Wellington

Quote from: Locke on 26-08-2009
Quote from: Campin Carl on 26-08-2009
Speaking of radio, when you're near a freestraight or something and they use a radio, and it comes up in chat, (and also assuming you're not a freesmart) I think it would be better if it said *radio* in the chat message, because this can lead to really confusing moments...Otherwise it pops up as if it was a normal message.,

Yeah

Agreed...

Wazer Wifle

I'm sure somebody already suggested that it would be better if you can't lose your suits when you die...because that would be nice.

Allmostfunny

Quote from: Wazer Wifle on 26-08-2009
I'm sure somebody already suggested that it would be better if you can't lose your suits when you die...because that would be nice.
lmao? why not :P the loot's gotta be SOMETHINGG?

Locke

Im pretty sure that the suit system is being reworked

KillSlim

Can we get an MOTD system on the server? EG:

Seeing Errors / Pink and black?
*Download links go here.
*Instructions go here.
*Shortened list of rules go here.

To make sure people have read the rules, at the bottom it says: 'Press declined if you accept!' in small text.

*I accept these rules. (Pressing this kicks you, with the reason: 'You didn't read the rules'.)
*I decline these rules. (Pressing this closes the MOTD.)

It would certainly cease the influxes of people who complain in Ooc chat about seeing errors / pink and black textures.

ISPYUDIE

Locke

Quote from: KillSlim on 28-08-2009

*Download links go here.
*Instructions go here.

To make sure people have read the rules, at the bottom it says: 'Press declined if you accept!' in small text.

*I accept these rules. (Pressing this kicks you, with the reason: 'You didn't read the rules'.)

It would certainly cease the influxes of people who complain in Ooc chat about seeing errors / pink and black textures.

Big support on this, it would be a great help to noobies.

lolKieck

Quote from: KillSlim on 28-08-2009

*Download links go here.
*Instructions go here.

Epic support for this, at least there wont be too much minges who get maks and kill every1
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

Zarrick

I love that idea personally, I havnt seen any mass Dming on the server at the moment, all i've seen is good RP, and plenty of it at that.

People worrying about the Radio, I did notice that in the actual Game you could sometimes hear other radios, Duty and Freedoms though i'm not sure if there broadcasting on a Global frequency or not, but I can understand the problem, half an hour of planning say to only have your enemies automatically know what your going to do.

I'd be annoyed aswell
====================================

====================================

Cortez Faggot

I was thinking to stop meta-gaming people in your area would have to chat so you can see their titles and such, or perhaps examining them with a command?