How Can We Improve Your Stalker Roleplay Experience?

Started by Silver Knight, 02-03-2009

Madcombat

Quote from: Paintcheck on 06-02-2012
So you see no issue at all with robbing someone 5 minutes after they connect to the server? I guarantee you if I joined every day this week with a stop watch I would have people attempt to rob every character I have (including my bloodsucker) within 10 minutes.

Shitty RP is shitty.

I actually agree with this.  Bandits will activily hunt for Rookies to rob for no real reason apart from item progression, and Bloodsuckers will get hunted for no reason at all apart from the ability for someone to add to the ego "I killed # ammount of bloodsuckers, I am master."  I believe there was a instance where 4 suckers was hunting and took one rookie down who was running or whatso through rp and so the suckers was straight away in a fight with three others  who decided it'd be smart to fight a situation that wasnt theres.  Theres no real understanding of Risk rp (Not Fear rp, its impossible to actually handle.)  I doubt any Stalker would risk there life just to help out a loner who will give them nothing in return and be sent on there merry way.

I dont understand why a Bandit would rob a visually poor Stalker, what do you expect to get if you can see the Stalker is obviously poor. If your a Bandit, you might as well strike big rather then cause a shootout/notoriety for no more then a small prize.   Ari, you just found a piece of high terrain away from the spawn, you can clearly see the other high terrain that is RIGHT NEXT to spawn on the other side from your screenshot.  What Paintcheck is getting at is that as soon as he spawned/joined the server, he went right up onto the hill where the robbery straight away occured.  Sounds legit to me, its practically still at the spawn and hell the Bandit was obviously waiting for someone to cautiously get to a location they needed to be so they might abuse the position of the spawn.

This issue is hard to fix, from what I believe there arnt enough Bandits to act as role model bandits so the newbies might learn from them.  Bandit rp hardly even ever consists of anything passive because when you've got a nice title in Scoreboard saying that your a bandit, the server grabs forks and torches.

lolKieck

Hey, how about you, bandits, grow some balls and rob people who HAVE money?
Or maybe start making checkpoints and take tolls oh well sorry I forgot that people tend to metagame.
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

Otto

Quote from: lolKieck on 07-02-2012
Or maybe start making checkpoints and take tolls oh well sorry I forgot that people tend to metagame.

lol yeah, that's been tried before with a little bandit group a while ago and literally 20 stalkers came and destroyed it an hour later.

Madcombat

Quote from: Otto on 07-02-2012

lol yeah, that's been tried before with a little bandit group a while ago and literally 20 stalkers came and destroyed it an hour later.

I'd be willing to make a large Bandit faction soon to try battle this.  But yeah, thats more or less the exact point I was getting at.  You get on your bandit and people go "OH LOOK, LETS HUNT FOR BANDITS CAUSE THEY GOT GEAR!"  The only real way to avoid this is to make a player group changing your group name.

lolKieck

Quote from: Madcombat on 08-02-2012
Quote from: Otto on 07-02-2012

I'd be willing to make a large Bandit faction soon to try battle this.  But yeah, thats more or less the exact point I was getting at.  You get on your bandit and people go "OH LOOK, LETS HUNT FOR BANDITS CAUSE THEY GOT GEAR!"  The only real way to avoid this is to make a player group changing your group name.
Large bandit group. Making a group. Fighting metagame.
Doesn't make sense unless you wouldn't make a group literally.

jaik

get admins that don't target people because of personal hate.
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

Ari

That's nice, Jake. How about you help us get players that don't go out of their way to be borderline-RDMing aggressors in every single situation with keys bound to disconnect in the event of a struggle, so as not to lose their precious gear?

Midgetonic

Fix the little shit like the v_model for an94 and sig, change the name of "skullmask" to gasmask when it says this character is wearing a skulmask. Stuff is a bit picky, but most people shy away from those weapons because of those issues which ultimatley correlates to rp. So in a sense it would improve my role-play...and for skull masks just less confusion.

Idk about this one, but is the adv duplicator done for good?
-Another absurd request, some different drugs as an item in-game.
-Maybe you could need a PDA to /advert something for free or something
-Purchasable music radios? That ones iffy
-PDA to pm people.
-Maybe eat food or your attributes slowly get hindered if you don't eat enough.

All Straight forward RP on the server is remarkable though, as in the direct interactions between players IC. This supplemented by the easily navigable radiation script INV and what not would make SRP even better...Orin meh opinion at least.

Couldn't find a spot for this post in the stalker development area so this was the only other place this fits I guess.

Corocan

Make a better system to prevent paycheck farming. I'm getting tired of seeing So And So being on the server at 3:00 AM in the morning alone with like four or five hours on their playtime. Maybe instead of a system based on time perhaps one that requires the player to DO something (Clicking) or maybe based on however units of measurement he/she has moved or even an auto-AFK kicking system if a player goes AFK for longer than an hour.

This being my opinion and I seriously hate to restrict RP, but I don't know if anyone has noticed the sudden influx of large amount of players becoming muggers or highway-men in SRP. Originally, I had no problem with this, but then I noticed how all these players suddenly started to just killing off large amounts of the poor population and making new players want to leave. I began to see how the poor just got poorer and the rich got richer (Definitely not good, especially in our current economic situation inside of SRP). Anyways, getting to my point, making those of the bandit faction (Bandit Outlaws, Bandit Enforcers, ect.) the only people who can legitimately mug or rob players. This would convince more people to donate for Bandits and actually use them, otherwise they're practically no difference from regular stalkers.

Granted, it sounds like a terrible idea at first, but hear me out and give it a try, perhaps.

Also I agree with Midgetonic for PDA to PM and advert things. I've got that old PDA in my safebox for no reason :P and I liked it back when we had to use the PDA to see the scoreboard and PM and stuff.

Overwatch

We need anomolies used far more, with a nice variety of them, and not all just vortex's and whirligigs, maybe even have a small  team of admin's dedicated to anomaly placement, lifetime and management, such as birthing artefacts ect.

Right now, any rook or master can sprint around the zone, without any sort of fear, we need recurring NPC's / Anomalies.

ThY

It's been said before, but ill say it again for importance. Could we have a command like the old /ar, which is a private message to the admins on. I'd also like a fix of the admin chat (/ac) command, so we can chat amongst ourselves ingame. Then ThY will be happy.

Paralyzed

Quote from: OverPony on 04-03-2012
We need anomolies used far more, with a nice variety of them, and not all just vortex's and whirligigs, maybe even have a small  team of admin's dedicated to anomaly placement, lifetime and management, such as birthing artefacts ect.

Right now, any rook or master can sprint around the zone, without any sort of fear, we need recurring NPC's / Anomalies.

Sounds like a decent plan actually. Right now, I haven't seen really much anomolies around.. and can pretty much sprint the whole Zone as you stated. Would be nice to see them some more often indeed.
SRP Characters:
Artyom Fedoseev 'Ex S-Sgt, Duty' - Alive
Dimitri Petrenkov 'Co-Leader, The Rangers' - Alive
Vladislav Ivanov 'Trader' - KIA

Knife_cz

Quote from: Paralyzed on 04-03-2012
Quote from: OverPony on 04-03-2012

Sounds like a decent plan actually. Right now, I haven't seen really much anomolies around.. and can pretty much sprint the whole Zone as you stated. Would be nice to see them some more often indeed.

Or instead of anomalies we could use military patrols / monolith.
Yeah, it would be nice to see monolith again.

Gonztah

Right now there's only mili and Freedom. But yeah more anoms and perhaps some mutant NPCs that respawn like 30 mins later after one is killed or something like that.

darkzerxx

Or let lower admins spawn anoms and some artifacts.
Ex-Duty-converted Monolith:|Draco 'Dice' stellem|Decease
Stalker/Trader:|Dracovich Raka|Alive
Eco:|Dr.Richard L. Vangraff|In zone
Stalker:|Scarler 'becca' Owen|Alive
Ex-freedomer-duty:|Levi'Fox'Krillen|Alive
Stalker:|Taylor 'trinity'|Alive
Sucker:|Hunter|Alive
Military:|Scarlet Stroik|alive

Ket

How bout' we start a project of Reviving Duty? Freedom has no purpose without duty....

Mass Recruitment? I have no clue...
(°╭ ◡ ╮°)

Gonztah

There were quite a few Dutyers but nobody ever EVER got on their Duty characters.

jaik

Quote from: Gonztah on 04-03-2012
There were quite a few Dutyers but nobody ever EVER got on their Duty characters.

Blame the leadership, not the simple folk.

Ket

Someone should step up and give a shit. Make a thread about it, where people can post they're ideas.

I would do it myself but I'm a freedomer.
(°╭ ◡ ╮°)

lolKieck

SRP needs wipe. Wait, everyone prefers a filled server.

Corocan

Flashdrive item that can be placed by admins so a trader and an admin can collaborate to make a job for a stalker.

NPC Traders that can give out missions to stalkers to "Clear Out" an area of NPC Mutants

NPC Mutants on death will turn into ragdolls and have a percentage chance to be carrying Bloodsucker Tentacles, Boar feet, ect.

Tom

Quote from: Corocan on 05-03-2012
Flashdrive item that can be placed by admins so a trader and an admin can collaborate to make a job for a stalker.

Got dat already

NPC Traders that can give out missions to stalkers to "Clear Out" an area of NPC Mutants

That won't be necessary soon

NPC Mutants on death will turn into ragdolls and have a percentage chance to be carrying Bloodsucker Tentacles, Boar feet, ect.

Got dat already. Just some of them need hit box fixes.

Quote from: TheAndyShandy on 05-12-2013
Oh boy.
Strap yourselves in, it's time for the great 'obligatory' SRP resurrection of 2013/14/15/16/22

meetdadoom

If you want to go kill npcs then go play the actual game. You are just play a cheap knock off of stalker at that point.

[flash=500,30]http://www.youtube.com/v/9UousVNJaIM[/flash]

jaik

Quote from: meetdadoom on 05-03-2012

If you want to go kill npcs then go play the actual game. You are just play a cheap knock off of stalker at that point.

qft

Overwatch

Snorks can one-hit kill full health blood suckers.

For the love of all fucking jesus.

Nerf Them.