How Can We Improve Your Stalker Roleplay Experience?

Started by Silver Knight, 02-03-2009

jaik

Quote from: jattl on 31-07-2011
I keep on having a problem with my characters. Randomly, their physical description is reset and storage emptied. The problem persists even if I re-make my character. Is there any way I can fix this?

Delete your lua and data folders.
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

Smirnoff

Put ye olde /ar command back in, it was pretty convenient to be able to call an admin without having to let the entire server know, or if you dont have said admin on SF etc.

For those who werent around in the old script, /ar = admin request, and works like a chat message that only appears to admins. (I think)
"|HGN| G-Man: Dont know what loli is, but i'd lie if I said I havn't seen some of that hentai stuff."

jaik

Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

Paintcheck

The advantage of /ar is every admin can see it without needing to send multiple pms. I think that's a.good idea.

Poler

Quote from: Romka on 18-07-2011
Could scoped weapons have more realistic scopes? Like in Insurgency if anyone's played that, with no black outlines and you can see a zoomed in area and the rest is normal.

Also, could ammo equipped not be lost on death, but instead drop as magazines or something by the weapon or in it. To avoid loss of ammo from "accidental" deaths.

Could bloodsuckers and blind dogs or even snorks, drop items like bloodsucker tentacles, snork legs etc. like in the game, so people can sell those too, would make random hunting of mutants worth something, ya know?

Other than that, I think that's about everything I wanted.

I like those ideas, and also the /ar command is good too. I remember a while back we did have that... I never knew it was taken out though.
Another thing that would be nice are de-gradable items. Such has guns, suits, and ect things can be damaged. Than if you find a trader/Mechanic , they can repair the item for you... for a price. Just speaking out of my mind, thats all.

Crispy

I did not manage to skim through all the pages, and I don't know about this but...a way you can 'reduce' 'lolmerc's...in a sense, is reducing the price of the Sunrise suit, and getting the original model too. The one you use currently is the Ghost variant. People tend to buy merc suit's for three reasons. One, the Recon Merc's the cheapest out there. Two, it's rather stylish. Three, merc' wannabee's. It would be more canon if you could afford a Sunrise, the basic asset and suit of the periophical STALKER. Also, fun-fact. S.T.A.L.K.E.R stands for Scavenger. Tresspasser. Adventurer. Killer. Expoler. Robber.

lolKieck

It'd be awesome if Duran would unlock the SRP commands thread, since somebody might ask a question about any of the commands. Oh yeah, and the thread should be updated to our new commands.
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

Crispy

Making Blood-Sucker's and Zombies, Controllers and so on, able to be applied for. That would help strengthen roleplay between man...and machin-...I mean 'erm...mutant.

Duranblackraven

Quote from: Crispy on 30-08-2011
Making Blood-Sucker's and Zombies, Controllers and so on, able to be applied for. That would help strengthen roleplay between man...and machin-...I mean 'erm...mutant.

You donate for them. That's the ONLY want to get permission to use the flags.

INA7HAN

Quote from: Crispy on 24-08-2011
I did not manage to skim through all the pages, and I don't know about this but...a way you can 'reduce' 'lolmerc's...in a sense, is reducing the price of the Sunrise suit, and getting the original model too. The one you use currently is the Ghost variant. People tend to buy merc suit's for three reasons. One, the Recon Merc's the cheapest out there. Two, it's rather stylish. Three, merc' wannabee's. It would be more canon if you could afford a Sunrise, the basic asset and suit of the periophical STALKER. Also, fun-fact. S.T.A.L.K.E.R stands for Scavenger. Tresspasser. Adventurer. Killer. Expoler. Robber.
I agree to many lol mercs if sunrise prices were lower people would buy them. In stalker games suits you see on stalkers are rookie suit or sunrise and hardly any mercs.

SRP: Nicolai 'Thunder' Lagunov - Loner - Alive

Crispy

As I said, bringing the Original Sunrise in. The current Sunrise we use, is not only a stale brown color, but it's the unique one. Which is the Ghost variant. The original's are with a pistol holster on the right side, and the respirator's off and on the chest, or on, with two eye holes on the mask. Not connected. The original sunrise, the regular, is also Olive-Drab. A green coloring. So...yeah. Also, who's the dingy who couldn't port the merc' suit correctly? I'd just suggest switching it, it's upside down. That's all, yo'.

Predu

Add a shiny and good looking inventory and backpack browse system. Like a PDA. The old one looks so poor and unclassy now that I've had to stare at it for months. At least an interactive inventory that would show things like armor, guns and other equipment.

A second request, perhaps a map to a PDA (if that's ever going to happen). After some time the map could even evolve to an interactive map with the player marked and other stuff such as bases and so on.

lolKieck

Make the bandit merc suit playable. It'd be pretty cool for bandits to have an equivalent of a good merc suit or a sunrise while they'd be still recognizable. Or to look cool.

Gonztah

Quote from: lolKieck on 05-11-2011
Make the bandit merc suit playable. It'd be pretty cool for bandits to have an equivalent of a good merc suit or a sunrise while they'd be still recognizable. Or to look cool.

Also this would be a good bandit suit. http://guides.gamepressure.com/stalkercallofpripyat/gfx/word/719775531.jpg (The one on the right.)

lolKieck

Steven :D

Silver Knight

Quote from: whyku on 03-07-2011
I think we should have tabs for ooc ic and both

So people can rp without all the ooc and set up a ooc pm type of thing so when you are in the IC tab they can reach you.....

Maybe.

Quote from: mleczko35 on 13-07-2011
Well, no Redemption map. Occult is better. Redemption is crashing my game sometimes. And we need moooarrrr players for Occult. Well, maybe NPC trader? It'll just buy things cheap as hell. And you'll can find him 5 minutes daily or for week . Well lets "cruisin' da streets" of Zone ? Maybe bigger model of bloodsucker, it really have to be scary. Some of peoples are kicking bloodsuckers when they're jumpin' on them. Well, it's non rp a bit.

I may do a npc trader which you can buy stuff from for 40% more than the normal price, aka very expensive. But useful for when there are no player traders. I can also make it so the trader can have items sold to it for 25% of it's value, basically for when people want to get rid of items instead of them clogging up the world. But i have been over this ground before and a npc trader tends to have a negative effect.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Silver Knight

Quote from: Paintcheck on 18-07-2011
Dogs already have a chance to drop items...or at least they did (so did some of the NPCs on FORP) but I know Silver was having a little bit of difficulty with the drop table so he might have removed that.

Still the same case tbh.

Quote from: Smirnoff on 05-08-2011
Put ye olde /ar command back in, it was pretty convenient to be able to call an admin without having to let the entire server know, or if you dont have said admin on SF etc.

For those who werent around in the old script, /ar = admin request, and works like a chat message that only appears to admins. (I think)

Ill redo this command i guess.

Quote from: Poler on 05-08-2011
Quote from: Romka on 18-07-2011
Could scoped weapons have more realistic scopes? Like in Insurgency if anyone's played that, with no black outlines and you can see a zoomed in area and the rest is normal.

Also, could ammo equipped not be lost on death, but instead drop as magazines or something by the weapon or in it. To avoid loss of ammo from "accidental" deaths.

Could bloodsuckers and blind dogs or even snorks, drop items like bloodsucker tentacles, snork legs etc. like in the game, so people can sell those too, would make random hunting of mutants worth something, ya know?

Other than that, I think that's about everything I wanted.

I like those ideas, and also the /ar command is good too. I remember a while back we did have that... I never knew it was taken out though.
Another thing that would be nice are de-gradable items. Such has guns, suits, and ect things can be damaged. Than if you find a trader/Mechanic , they can repair the item for you... for a price. Just speaking out of my mind, thats all.

Bio-degradable items\weapons is just not possible since items cannot retain those kinds of values, the next generation roleplay frameworks that are in the works will be able to supposedly so who knows. maybe we will find out the in future, i have already had a crack at doing so but it just leads to alot of sync issues.

Quote from: Crispy on 24-08-2011

I guess i should revamp some of the suits again. Recon is just a lesser merc suit, practically no armor at all, but weighs little.

Silver Knight

Quote from: Predu on 01-11-2011
Add a shiny and good looking inventory and backpack browse system. Like a PDA. The old one looks so poor and unclassy now that I've had to stare at it for months. At least an interactive inventory that would show things like armor, guns and other equipment.

A second request, perhaps a map to a PDA (if that's ever going to happen). After some time the map could even evolve to an interactive map with the player marked and other stuff such as bases and so on.

Was working on that but don't have the time to do a hud revamp atm.

Quote from: lolKieck on 05-11-2011

It was going to be a donateable model, i think i made it into a suit..

Quote from: Steven :D on 06-11-2011
Add these

When i get enough content ill do a content pack update. Just give it to me later on.

lolKieck

The thing is, you should make only the "special" merc models donation-only (like antigas_us or something), while keeping the more common blue and bandit merc suit in the game. People would prefer trenchcoats over the bandit merc suit, bandits need their Sunrise too. Seeing bandits robbing in Sunrises doesn't make sense.

AND JESUS CHRIST CAN YOU MAKE IT SO THAT MAKAROVS WILL BE AN EFFICIENT SUICIDE WEAPON!? Last time somebody used it, the accuracy in it made the round fly away from the guy's head and hit a rookie next to him.

Predu

Quote from: lolKieck on 09-11-2011
AND JESUS CHRIST CAN YOU MAKE IT SO THAT MAKAROVS WILL BE AN EFFICIENT SUICIDE WEAPON!? Last time somebody used it, the accuracy in it made the round fly away from the guy's head and hit a rookie next to him.

This is true. Pistols are useless in SRP, they're only good at shooting a person behind you than the one infront of you.

Knife_cz

And urgh, add some bonuses to artifacts ea. more stamina, endrucance.
The only working artifacts are goldfish/nightstar they actually add some..space in your inventory, other artifacts are just "find and sell".

INA7HAN

Maybe fix the sig 550 and An-94 abakan's view so you can see them like other weapons and not glitched down in bottom right hand corner please

StickyWicket

Quote from: INA7HAN on 17-11-2011
Maybe fix the sig 550 and An-94 abakan's view so you can see them like other weapons and not glitched down in bottom right hand corner please
Not really a priority compared to most of the things suggested in this thread.

INA7HAN

Quote from: StickyWicket on 17-11-2011
Quote from: INA7HAN on 17-11-2011
Not really a priority compared to most of the things suggested in this thread.
I never said it was a priority, nor did i say it had to be done immediately i was just suggesting it.