2012? Is it going to happen?

Started by Tatersalad, 24-05-2009

Valhalla

Obama video made me laugh

Toxin

Nuclear Holocaust FTW

keyfoot

2012 techincally will happen... the year WILL coem and go, but the question is WHAT will happen? i say Aleins will land on earth, and present themselves to us.

Radek

Nah i'll just Reveal my Secret Orbital weapons And take over the world.. Oh carp.. That was a secret.
Tom About Mili interigation
|HGN-STSR| Tom: "Ill keep an eye out for OMEGA! PLEASE DON'T KILL ME!!"      "Damn right you will!" *Pours vodka on you and lights you on fire*    "IN HELL!"

Bacon007

We will just wait for the day to come and see what happends no one knows what will happen

Zero

I'll just have to wait for the day 2012 comes and use my orbital weapon to destroy Radeks, then the moon to crash into the planet to cause the world to go POP!

Plague

Quote from: AlienCreature on 27-07-2009
Nothing will happen, we are mostly safe.

1) Meteor: We will see it comming and prepare (NUKE IT TO DEATH!)
2) Disease: We have medicine.
3) Zombie Apocalypse: Zombies dont exist...
4) Volcano Erruption: Not that of an apocalyptic event.
5) WW III: Nah, not for another 10-20 years.
6) Starvation: Humans were always good food scavengers.
7) The sun running out of fuel: Bah, that won't happen for more than a billion years.
8) Radioactive Subs in Russia going off: No way, the Russians ain't stupid.
9) Global Warning: You guys believe in global warming? Well, yes, it does exist but it doesnt pose that much of a threat. Come on, "ice ages" happen every 10.000 years, and the next one is already late...
10) Ice Age: Not that deadly, even if the sun gets hidden by something we can use this:
Nuclear Power=>Powered UV Lights=>Plants=> Food
                       =>Heat...
11) Roflcookie invasion: Joke...
12) Alien invasion: Sure, they just need to travel for some thousands of light years (Combine Portals and stuff DONT EXIST)
13) Nuclear War: Right.... THe Americans/Russians are VERY ichy to destroy their countries...
14) Star going off/Gamma Ray Explosion: Well, many people will die but not everyone.
15) Nuclear Factory going off: Come on guys, didnt humans learn anything from Chernobyl? Just don't test when power is needed and you will be ok... Seriously now, we can survive a NPP going off...
16) Any other crazy apocalypse theory: Just post...

I dont say we are INVINCIBLE. There's just no need to worry now.

3.Disease: We have medicine.

Note: There is a strand of Tuberculosis that is increasingly resistant to medication, and another strand that is completely resistant to all antibiotics. There goes your medicine, and your hospitals. The population of individuals with the ever-growing resistant TB is somewhere in the tens of thousands, while the fully resistant strand only numbers in the thousands. However, until recently it was believed that TB was a disease of a young age, this has been debunked. So... disease that has been evolving and killing humans for over one million years is still killing people. Oh yeah, the white death? That was mother fucking TB, bitch.

And in regards to the global warming/cooling theory, it's been proven that just a shift in say, five degrees on the global temperature, would lead to the thermal currents in the ocean to pause, stopping heat transfer amongst the ocean, allowing it and the rest of the globe to super heat near the equater, and super cool near the polar regions. Humanity can't magically remake the ocean belt.

Wannabe Taco

No the govmen't gona come and put us in big'ol boats. and we gonna live there till we die.

No one ever enter's and NO ONE ever leaves.

Nefertia

I think it'll happend,

Theres evidence! I think..

lolKieck

naw...
its all... superstitions
man, how many times the apocalypse was gonna happen ?
yeah, none of them really became a real one, so i dont think this one is going to happen, but if it will, it still wont let humanity die
plus the medicine is going further, the virus is gonna get mutated, but there will be new antibiotics for it just for your information
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

Raxx

Meh, we have a new calendar every year. I don't see the world ending every year :P
Szenti is my Cabin boy.

Dark Angel

XD Ofc it's not gonna happen ! If it will i'll hang myself in the middle of NEW YORK (If i'll manage to get there before everyone dies.

Raxx

Oh yea, another little thing... They predict the end of the world but they don't see the spanish coming :P
Szenti is my Cabin boy.

Moss

They said the same thing about the year 2000...Guess what happened? NOTHING.
Moss--it has the charm of a creeping tune~Even in darkness it still grows.

Why do I love Moss?

I have been asked this question many times. Unfortunately, their is not one easy answer that I can give you.

Ravanger

I bet a bunch of people are going to commit suicide on 2012 lol.
But the 2012 thing is all bullshit,it wont happen.

Sickness

2012 is an alignment of the sun with some stars, and shit. I believe in the alignment, but I dont really believe that it's the end of the world. I mean it might alter all the gravitational fields and shit, to fuck us up in the butt. And then hurricanes will goo "KAOBOOMB" on our ass, and then the fucking tsunami flies into the hurricane and then theres this epic fight that will be going on in China with the hurricane and tsunami, and then a fucking meteor strikes China and then the fight ends, and then korea goes ching ching chong on the metoers ass, the end.

In other words I seriously believe and don't believe in this..
Rusty - Returned to the Zone

Zero

I think some mayan calander ended at 2012, because they weren't thinking of it, then EVERYONE suddenly thinks "OMG THATS THE END OF THE WORLD!!!"

ISPYUDIE

Perhaps the Russians will see it as a chance to nuke us and blame it on the bible....

scoutfreak

No it is not, so every one stop saying good bye to you asses because nothing aint going to hppain.

Pirate

The idea of the world ending on 2012 is moronic. The Mayans are very vague with how they predicted events. Nostrodamas say that 2012 would be the end of days, but all events that he has predicted have been the most vague descriptions I've ever seen.
Exerpt from RLRP "These bullets kill?!?!"

Strelok Holmes

If there was any real hard proof... "Tunnel Snakes rule"

BUT because it's really just a loon'y internet craze, with a bunch of nutjobs behind it... well, theres been server "proof it will happen!" reguardless of incorrect readings and the fact our world has seen more serouse shit (With humans on top in the end). I would have to say  NO!

Crussaria=Wiglaf Grimshaw(Grimshaw of the Iron Hand), The Corpse Brigade:Alive

Mangoman

i think that nothings going to happen, the mayans couldnt record forever.

Alex

My theory, which has been published in many science journals and magazines all around the world is that; The Mayans were fuckin' lazy and didn't feel like making the calander last forever. So, they wrote down that everyone was gonna die and just said, "What's the worst that could happen?" Unknowing that the more retarded and gulible "Modern People" would believe the calander and start mass riots, billions of people would die from nukes and other man-made weapons. Only three people would survive, and they are all sitting on a little rowboat out at sea. A jew, a Christian priest, and a little boy with a set of golden teeth planted in his mouth. The end.

Moral of the story: Chill the fuck out.

killdead 660

I believe it is going to happen. But thats ok im tired of the same old boring rut it will be a relief.

Visit Killdead 660's Signature shop today! :D
http://www.forums.hypergamer.net/your-work!/killdead-660's-sig-shop!/

Sickness

The only thing that happens in 2012, is some eclipse with a full daybreak ( 24 hours of night ) and the North pole becomes the South pole, aka all the compasses will work in reverse.
Rusty - Returned to the Zone