Re: Progress on the server

Started by Redbark, 09-10-2013

Dungeon_Lord

Quote from: longfallgloves on 08-12-2013
I could suggest ideas, but you will not let me join.

No one is stopping you from posting an idea dude
Help for hire! Seriously ask me for help, I need things to do.

longfallgloves

I mean joining the server.

Redbark

Alright, now you're annoying.
You're not getting on the server. What has been said has been said now deal with it.

Dungeon_Lord

Nagging to get on the server isn't helping you, also it doesn't make sense since the server hasn't even gone up yet. Be patience and be a good person who contributes to the forum and try again at a later date. By later date I don't mean within the next month. Or do what most people do and learn how to roleplay, come back and make a new account then try again. If you still fail then you really just shouldn't be on this server obviously.
Help for hire! Seriously ask me for help, I need things to do.

INA7HAN

Quote from: James Almasy on 08-12-2013

Honestly man.

No one is good at roleplaying at first. When you start out it feels awkward, and you feel like an idiot for trying it. Time and time again, you'll try it more and more. Then you get used to the idea and you can pull it off like it's an everyday occurrence. Hell, most of the people who have roleplayed with me could probably say I'm not the greatest roleplayer, but I tap into the spirit of it all... I try to become someone I'm not, the very character I play becomes another side of my own self.

Just go practice, watch some D&D streams, chill out with friends and casually suggest it. You'll get it eventually.
Pretty much this, we all started somewhere.

SRP: Nicolai 'Thunder' Lagunov - Loner - Alive

Redbark

Quote from: INA7HAN on 08-12-2013

Honestly man.

No one is good at roleplaying at first. When you start out it feels awkward, and you feel like an idiot for trying it. Time and time again, you'll try it more and more. Then you get used to the idea and you can pull it off like it's an everyday occurrence. Hell, most of the people who have roleplayed with me could probably say I'm not the greatest roleplayer, but I tap into the spirit of it all... I try to become someone I'm not, the very character I play becomes another side of my own self.

Just go practice, watch some D&D streams, chill out with friends and casually suggest it. You'll get it eventually.
Amen

VonXeno

Quote from: INA7HAN on 08-12-2013

Honestly man.

Actually, I started here.

I don't think anyone's complained so far ;)
I am not what I think I am, and I am not what you think I am. I am what I think you think I am.

Syndraell

Quote from: VonXeno on 08-12-2013
Actually, I started here.

I don't think anyone's complained so far ;)

Props then, you do it pretty well.

I'm just waiting to mess up your day. Honest.

Asgatrave

If you don't feel like going around too far to find out about proper roleplaying, you could look around here:

http://www.forums.hypergamer.net/f-roleplay/

I haven't checked it myself, but I'm sure there's plenty to learn from in there.  I'm wondering if I should try making an RP thread specifically made for training new and potential roleplayers.  I'm no recruiter, but I've trained several seemingly hopeless cases into developed, literate roleplayers, so I do have experience.  Problem is, the time it takes to develop a proper roleplayer varies.  Some take a few days... others a few months.  I believe that the roleplayer must learn the ropes themselves, not be ordered to or be bombarded with "tips and advice."  They should learn by example and experimentation.  What do you guys think?  Should I try to give it a shot?
I choose my cage and accept my prison, but I will always hold the key.  All you can do is create the obstacles for when I go free...

longfallgloves

Just tell me when to try again.

I haven't play Starbound yet, but I think you have a spaceship and a lot of planets. If the action takes place in one of the planets, how do you arrive them? With a spaceship per player? Or do you spawn there?

Also, I'm about to download it from Mega.

INA7HAN

Quote from: longfallgloves on 09-12-2013
Just tell me when to try again.

I haven't play Starbound yet, but I think you have a spaceship and a lot of planets. If the action takes place in one of the planets, how do you arrive them? With a spaceship per player? Or do you spawn there?

nKe and I have been speaking on Starbound quite a bit. More to come. Just know that things are in the making

Ragolution

Im gunna make a starbound server

Syndraell

Quote from: longfallgloves on 09-12-2013

Not something you should openly announce.

I'm just waiting to mess up your day. Honest.

INA7HAN

Quote from: Ragolution on 09-12-2013
Im gunna make a starbound server
Thought you were making a Starmade Server?