SRP: What you like/dislike, Want/Do not want PROPER DISCUSSION THREAD

Started by Tom, 07-11-2012

lolKieck

Post-CoP storyline could be focused on various stalker factions fighting each other and the Military (Rebel's Hind and Doomburger will be happy), sometimes fighting each other and sometimes forging alliances, but making an interesting faction with it's own ranks, insignias and storyline is a chore.
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

Tom

Quote from: lolKieck on 09-11-2012
Post-CoP storyline could be focused on various stalker factions fighting each other and the Military (Rebel's Hind and Doomburger will be happy), sometimes fighting each other and sometimes forging alliances, but making an interesting faction with it's own ranks, insignias and storyline is a chore.

Yeah but then we get faction based RP which is what I'd guess we'd like to avoid.
Quote from: TheAndyShandy on 05-12-2013
Oh boy.
Strap yourselves in, it's time for the great 'obligatory' SRP resurrection of 2013/14/15/16/22

Rebel6609

Post COP is just god awful boring. There is quite litterally no conflict, just a bunch of scrubs sitting around the outskirts of pripyat prodding the sides of it going "lemme in... plz..." whilst staring at crashed choppers. That's why we chose the timeline between CS and SOC. There was conflict, factions were rebuilding, new stalkers were emerging... I think we should still stick to something close to it, but this time /NOT/ fuck up and progress with a story. Alternative universe for the events regarding SOC that leads up to something else. But the main focus on this here is PROGRESSION. Hell, it'd even help admins make events that aren't the same repeats. After all, our pandora's box is only so full of shit.

Another thing I'd personally like put out there is STK, STM and STRP. My suggestion? Fuck off with STM and STRP. Useless. I've dealt with to much of ninjaing bullshit that I have to sort out with players. If it was strict STK on fights then it'd make my job a lot easier as well as sorts out the issue of character skill with personal skill.

Which also leads me to something else, character locked weapons for factioners. This will solve a world of problems. Why is this no longer implemented?! This way factions can't complain about lack of funds for weapons. Just lack of funds for ammo! But who needs that these days?

Dealing with events... Players themselves should be the ones doing jobs and events mostly. The economy should be self-contained. When I come on the server, I don't expect myself to have to sit in observe for 3 hours making events and /it'ing everything without doing any roleplay for myself. I understand if you need me to spawn some NPC's, or do some /event's, or some shit associated with that, learn to do things for yourselves. Factions, traders and ecos should be the main distributor of jobs, not the random ass pulled admin character with a endless pocket of rubles.

Uh.. mutants.. uhhhmmm... No more collectors..? I suppose that'll do. After all, I'm really not fond of invulnerable, de-pking godly bastards that can even beat my admin powers. I mean seriously, how did we fuck this one up? Did we just let commissar and iron go ham on a chalk board to combine their characters effectiveness?  Yeah, that'll do.

<22:23:04> "Puffles": gofuckyourselfaggot
<22:25:12> You were banned for 5 hours from the server by "Cole" (For trolling)
Never in my life have I ever had to endure 9 yearolds calling me a banana picker, and then get banned afterwards for doing nothing wrong.
Promising Young admins.

darkzerxx

Quote from: Rebel6609 on 09-11-2012
Post COP is just god awful boring. There is quite litterally no conflict, just a bunch of scrubs sitting around the outskirts of pripyat prodding the sides of it going "lemme in... plz..." whilst staring at crashed choppers. That's why we chose the timeline between CS and SOC. There was conflict, factions were rebuilding, new stalkers were emerging... I think we should still stick to something close to it, but this time /NOT/ fuck up and progress with a story. Alternative universe for the events regarding SOC that leads up to something else. But the main focus on this here is PROGRESSION. Hell, it'd even help admins make events that aren't the same repeats. After all, our pandora's box is only so full of shit.

Another thing I'd personally like put out there is STK, STM and STRP. My suggestion? Fuck off with STM and STRP. Useless. I've dealt with to much of ninjaing bullshit that I have to sort out with players. If it was strict STK on fights then it'd make my job a lot easier as well as sorts out the issue of character skill with personal skill.

Which also leads me to something else, character locked weapons for factioners. This will solve a world of problems. Why is this no longer implemented?! This way factions can't complain about lack of funds for weapons. Just lack of funds for ammo! But who needs that these days?

Dealing with events... Players themselves should be the ones doing jobs and events mostly. The economy should be self-contained. When I come on the server, I don't expect myself to have to sit in observe for 3 hours making events and /it'ing everything without doing any roleplay for myself. I understand if you need me to spawn some NPC's, or do some /event's, or some shit associated with that, learn to do things for yourselves. Factions, traders and ecos should be the main distributor of jobs, not the random ass pulled admin character with a endless pocket of rubles.

Uh.. mutants.. uhhhmmm... No more collectors..? I suppose that'll do. After all, I'm really not fond of invulnerable, de-pking godly bastards that can even beat my admin powers. I mean seriously, how did we fuck this one up? Did we just let commissar and iron go ham on a chalk board to combine their characters effectiveness?  Yeah, that'll do.
Yes. Just Yes.
Rebel I Love you.
No homo
Ex-Duty-converted Monolith:|Draco 'Dice' stellem|Decease
Stalker/Trader:|Dracovich Raka|Alive
Eco:|Dr.Richard L. Vangraff|In zone
Stalker:|Scarler 'becca' Owen|Alive
Ex-freedomer-duty:|Levi'Fox'Krillen|Alive
Stalker:|Taylor 'trinity'|Alive
Sucker:|Hunter|Alive
Military:|Scarlet Stroik|alive

Tom

Let people chose what type of engagement they want, I never had problems with STM/strp, you know why? Barely fucking anyone uses it. Keep STM and strp because getting rid of them will change literally nothing.

Also collectors are kill able me and plunger killed duran's collector once.
Oh boy.
Strap yourselves in, it's time for the great 'obligatory' SRP resurrection of 2013/14/15/16/22

irondeity

The Collectors will be taking a very long hiatus, yes. I was not remotely joking about that. Though to address your one series of words Rebel, never once did I say a Collector was 'invincible'. I never said they could not be killed. However, they are one of the most powerful entities within the Zone. They as you found out, make an organized army of Bloodsuckers with Controllers as generals, look like a meager pain in the ass. None of you, aside Tom and Plunger, killed a Collector, because you never actually stood face-to-face with the Collector itself. Just a fake illusion of the mind, or one of its soulless puppets that was still appearing as the "demon" due to the Collectors mental presence in the area. Something so powerful, but yet so frail, shows itself only when it has the absolute advantage in a situation.

On to the next bit. Keeping STM/STRP will still be very beneficial and I agree that the engagements should be handled by the parties at hand as they -usually- had been in the past. There are times when STM/STRP make a far more interesting turn of events, when of course people dont backflip over bullets whilst beginning a 1080 mid-air barrel roll to pop you in the head with a pistol from 300 meters. And Ill probably regret even putting this part here, but, dont wave one goddamn finger at me. Ive taken my fair share of bullets to better the situation. I dont need to win every time. i dont need to win 70% of the time. I dont even need to win 30% of the time. There are points Ill purposely close distance and force hand-to-hand and very likely knock your block off, but damn I dont do it often.

In closing, my say is final on the Collector hiatus. They will not be seen again for sometime. One will not be made without my explicit Go-Ahead. Should one return we will hammer out some finer details about them for once. Just know the last Collector took care of an old pain in the neck for a lot of you older people. Frost. And took care of those 'stones'. You owe a small form of gratitude in that regard because it put some really old bullshit to rest finally. Ill continue to monitor this thread and know that all of these ideas will be brought into consideration, weighing the pros and cons of everything to see if we cant make a new future that everyone can finally enjoy. Please continue to think of ideas/changes and get them listed here. Good evening Stalkers.

Unaffiliated: Mikhal 'Sabre' Tokerov -:- Alive
Ex-Military/Spetsnaz: Andrei 'War' Mirkov -:- Alive
Military Observer: Victor Tokerov -:- Alive
Unaffiliated: 'Siege' -:- Deceased
Leoyid 'Rat Tail' Olinsky -:- Alive
The Tar Man -:- No Data

INA7HAN

I know everyone has had this problem at one point, is darkness. You've got your assault rifle etc with your flashlight but has anyone run out of ammo with it in an event or an engagement in a dark tunnel, underground or on a dark map? You can't see anything then, so my proposal is, put flashlights on pistols please or either just give everyone a perminant flashlight roleplayed as a headlamp/headtorch which practically every stalker had for it's convenience. This would also help out the rookies who can't see on dark maps because they can't afford a rifle and only have a pistol for protection.

SRP: Nicolai 'Thunder' Lagunov - Loner - Alive

Plunger

I think I need to be clear on how gunfights work. You pick STM, or you pick STK, and you stick with it. If it's STM no one is going to die, get that in your heads. There have been so many times during STM that I can't keep count where someone is 'accidentally' shot in an STM fight, and told they're going to stay dead. This sends out the completely wrong message that shooting someone, and saying it was an accident lets you STK be proxy.

Lent23

Quote from: Plunger on 10-11-2012
I think I need to be clear on how gunfights work. You pick STM, or you pick STK, and you stick with it. If it's STM no one is going to die, get that in your heads. There have been so many times during STM that I can't keep count where someone is 'accidentally' shot in an STM fight, and told they're going to stay dead. This sends out the completely wrong message that shooting someone, and saying it was an accident lets you STK be proxy.
This. People seem to love "Winning" STM fights, even though there's not meant to be any bullets hitting you at all. Sure, some strays can hit you, but people bring that to a level of two or three stray per person per firefight, and it's so out of hand.
"Mommy, when is Daddy coming home?"
"Here, Alex.. Daddy sent us a package.. The soldier told us that it.. might be a while until Daddy's done with his service. Don't worry, you'll see him soon, Alex.."
"He's always gone! I never get to see him!"

Knife_cz

Quote from: INA7HAN on 10-11-2012
I know everyone has had this problem at one point, is darkness. You've got your assault rifle etc with your flashlight but has anyone run out of ammo with it in an event or an engagement in a dark tunnel, underground or on a dark map? You can't see anything then, so my proposal is, put flashlights on pistols please or either just give everyone a perminant flashlight roleplayed as a headlamp/headtorch which practically every stalker had for it's convenience. This would also help out the rookies who can't see on dark maps because they can't afford a rifle and only have a pistol for protection.
I don't know..how about, to buy a flashlight or something?

Tom

Quote from: knife_cz on 10-11-2012

In nexus if you bought a flashlight and used it, it would be a swep, so you'd have to switch between your pistol and flashlight like in Doom 3.
Oh boy.

lolKieck

Rather than making different flags for different factioneer weapons, you could just legalize gear return and every faction fight would be GR. This would remove the time-consuming scripting and let the leaders sort out their faction armaments.
And if you think that it'll be bad, because every soldier will get a Groza, you can just make the leader make a list of equipment for every rank. And remove the "Freedom gets NATO while Duty gets Warsaw Pact weaponry" unwritten rule, if every Freedomer will have an LR-300 versus a Duty squad armed with AKS74M's it won't be really fair for Duty. Besides, there were A LOT of Freedomers who used Warsaw Pact weapons.

INA7HAN

Quote from: knife_cz on 10-11-2012
As Tom said it's a SWEP the flashlight so it can't be used with a pistol therefore your idea doesn't fix the fact that pistols can't be used in the dark.

Lent23

Quote from: lolKieck on 10-11-2012
Rather than making different flags for different factioneer weapons, you could just legalize gear return and every faction fight would be GR. This would remove the time-consuming scripting and let the leaders sort out their faction armaments.
And if you think that it'll be bad, because every soldier will get a Groza, you can just make the leader make a list of equipment for every rank. And remove the "Freedom gets NATO while Duty gets Warsaw Pact weaponry" unwritten rule, if every Freedomer will have an LR-300 versus a Duty squad armed with AKS74M's it won't be really fair for Duty. Besides, there were A LOT of Freedomers who used Warsaw Pact weapons.
While we're at it we can give Freedom PKMs and Duty Exoskeletons, and Duty can have some Freedom Exoskeletons.
A big basis of Duty vs Freedom wars is that Duty has stronger defenses while Freedom retains superior offensives. Duty armor should be stronger than Freedom's, and they should utilize stronger armor more often, like Skats and Exoskeletons, but Freedom has better weapons.
"Here, Alex.. Daddy sent us a package.. The soldier told us that it.. might be a while until Daddy's done with his service. Don't worry, you'll see him soon, Alex.."

lolKieck

Quote from: Lent23 on 10-11-2012
While we're at it we can give Freedom PKMs and Duty Exoskeletons, and Duty can have some Freedom Exoskeletons.
A big basis of Duty vs Freedom wars is that Duty has stronger defenses while Freedom retains superior offensives. Duty armor should be stronger than Freedom's, and they should utilize stronger armor more often, like Skats and Exoskeletons, but Freedom has better weapons.
There's no point in defending if you can't hit the attackers with your inaccurate weapons.

Tom

That's why I suggested making the automatic spawn weapon ak-74ms

That and I've watched rebel's military whip ass with "inaccurate" Warsaw weapons against a force of foes with "superior" NATO guns.
Oh boy.

Lent23

Quote from: Lent23 on 10-11-2012
There's no point in defending if you can't hit the attackers with your inaccurate weapons.
You're implying that NATO weapons are godly.

deluxulous

Quote from: Lent23 on 09-11-2012
The factions should have two focuses, one In-character, one Out of Character. The In-character focus should be on the faction's ideals, ie Freedom's free access and lack of "ownership" of the Zone, or Duty's destruction of the Zone and its inhabitants (The mutants, Anomalies, etc). The Out of Character goal should be to enhance the roleplay of the Neutral Stalkers (the main demographic of SRP) while still building their own character's story. This fact is something Gonztah and I agreed on and influenced how each of us would theoretically run our two factions together (provided we had both won our nominations), for the betterment of Stalkers. Creating a large area that can potentially be used to creating events and working with admins to create a huge amount of jobs for the average Stalker.

QuoteWhat I want to see: Higher levels of inter-faction activity.
Why I want it in SRP: The faction leaders themselves and possibly admins would probably have to come to a consensus, but without the factions actively communicating or vying for dominance over one another, the purpose of the factions becomes null and void. All of the factions have long term goals which cannot be reasonably completed for the sake of RP, canon, and balance, unless the canon was to become custom at some point in time. However, they still should act like they are trying to achieve those goals, as well as short term goals which may be petty but necessary. While they are trying to achieve said goals (be they long term or short term) contact with other factions becomes inevitable for whatever reasons (conflicting or similar interests, hatred for other faction, what have you). Faction "wars" (in the violent sense) should not be the primary focus, but are certainly a large part in the sense for territory control and whatever else might rise. What I'd like to see is an increase in diplomacy and strategy with other factions. (Total War esque to compare it to something relatable) Just a thought, I suppose.

A good, non ridiculous custom canon would be nice to free up some possibilities.

The only gameplay things I can think of that need reworking is how factions get money/supplies (spawn with weapons? if so, don't change any of the stats, doesn't accomplish anything imo and the sweps become exactly what they were before I worked on them and everyone complained about it)

I had something else but I forgot it

Rebel6609

Quote from: Tom on 10-11-2012

That and I've watched rebel's military whip ass with "inaccurate" Warsaw weapons against a force of foes with "superior" NATO guns.

Only happened because I know how to use my weapons to our advantage. Clearly i'm not going to win a fight with an AKU from a distance like the nato weapons, so we get in close and personal and fuck you up. People are just can't quite get the concept of how weapons have advantages and disadvantages depending on the make.

Never in my life have I ever had to endure 9 yearolds calling me a banana picker, and then get banned afterwards for doing nothing wrong.
Promising Young admins.

Plunger

Quote from: Rebel6609 on 10-11-2012

Only happened because I know how to use my weapons to our advantage. Clearly i'm not going to win a fight with an AKU from a distance like the nato weapons, so we get in close and personal and fuck you up. People are just can't quite get the concept of how weapons have advantages and disadvantages depending on the make.
BUT GLORIOUS AK-47 IS THE BEST GUN EVER MADE, THESE CAPITALIST PIGS USE THEIR MAGIC 'POLYMER' AND THINK IT MAKES THEIR GUNS BETTER. KALASHNIKOV IS ROLLING IN HIS GRAVE AT THE THOUGHT OF MAJESTIC SOVIET MADE WOOD FINISHED GUNS EVEN BEING COMPARED TO THE FILTHY UGLY FOREIGN FAGGOTRY. THE MERE THOUGHT OF THAT IS ENOUGH TO MAKE ME HUDDLE CLOSE TO MY ORIGINAL WOOD FINISHED SKS AND TURN THE LIGHTS OFF.

jaik

Quote from: Plunger on 10-11-2012
Quote from: Rebel6609 on 10-11-2012

BUT GLORIOUS AK-47 IS THE BEST GUN EVER MADE, THESE CAPITALIST PIGS USE THEIR MAGIC 'POLYMER' AND THINK IT MAKES THEIR GUNS BETTER. KALASHNIKOV IS ROLLING IN HIS GRAVE AT THE THOUGHT OF MAJESTIC SOVIET MADE WOOD FINISHED GUNS EVEN BEING COMPARED TO THE FILTHY UGLY FOREIGN FAGGOTRY. THE MERE THOUGHT OF THAT IS ENOUGH TO MAKE ME HUDDLE CLOSE TO MY ORIGINAL WOOD FINISHED SKS AND TURN THE LIGHTS OFF.

Kalashnikov isn't dead yet.
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

PingPong

Continuing on from my previous post.

-Stop with the over powered bloodsuckers that can dodge a barrage of bullets from 5 meters away while snapping someones neck then escaping unharmed, I understand that stronger bloodsuckers give players a reason to donate but it has gotten QUITE out of hand.

-Adding on to my previous post, bloodsuckers should stop assuming ever stalker you encounter has a slow reaction time and is shooting a weapon for the first time. Make it at least somewhat realistic.

-It is part of an admins job to help the server move forward and create events etc more then once in a blue moon, their soul purpose should not just be to enforce the rules. My previous ideas does put a lot more work onto the admins but if you want it too succeed then that's what it will require.

-Stm/strp should obviously stay. This is not a dark rp.

-The zone is based around gear and making money, you can't change that nor should you want too. Even though some people gear whore, they earned it by grinding for it or donating. You can do the same.

Will add on more later.
"One death is a tragedy. A million deaths is just a statistic." -Joseph Stalin

INA7HAN

Quote from: PingPong on 10-11-2012

-The zone is based around gear and making money, you can't change that nor should you want too. Even though some people gear whore, they earned it by grinding for it or donating. You can do the same.
Sounds like pay to win on some f2p mmo?

Rebel6609

Quote from: INA7HAN on 11-11-2012
Quote from: PingPong on 10-11-2012

Sounds like pay to win on some f2p mmo?

Yes, I agree with you that more than half the reason stalkers came to the zone was to make money and acquire gear, but you need to remember that's within RP standards. This is a roleplay server nevertheless, and you shouldn't be more concerned with rushing to that LR300 before even doing an ounce of roleplay. Not to mention people are so gear hungry it leads to no one ever wanting to lose / die for they fear loss of equipment. And even when they do die, they get pissy because they lose their gun.

Basically saying, Gear whoring is not acceptable no matter what way you put it.

Oh and yeah. Regarding the AK's.. The AKM is quite literally a pile of dog shit. No matter which way you use it, you're pretty much going to suck with it. It's meant to be an upgraded variant of the AK, atleast make it seem like that. Its accuracy is poor as hell, the damage is less than acceptable and Its overall quality of a gun is less than the AKU. Don't tell me its good the way it is, because its not. Duty got its ass handed to it on so many occasions with those rifles, and even my own faction suffered with those POS's.

Promising Young admins.

deluxulous

Quote from: Rebel6609 on 11-11-2012
Oh and yeah. Regarding the AK's.. The AKM is quite literally a pile of dog shit. No matter which way you use it, you're pretty much going to suck with it. It's meant to be an upgraded variant of the AK, atleast make it seem like that. Its accuracy is poor as hell, the damage is less than acceptable and Its overall quality of a gun is less than the AKU. Don't tell me its good the way it is, because its not. Duty got its ass handed to it on so many occasions with those rifles, and even my own faction suffered with those POS's.

I suppose I should do some more SWEP work in the future eh? I'll talk to Exile about it.