[Poll] Guild City Discussion Thread

Started by RanmaChan, 11-03-2012

RanmaChan

The City of Guilds (CoG for short) has been decided upon for our next map.  The choice must be made as to how the city will run itself.  What government do you guys want to see?

Monarchy - A Monarch (King/Queen) not associated with any Guild, who passes laws and legislation based on his own ideas and desires.  Maybe a Royal Family.  Will it be made up of players, or do you want admins to run it?  That will be decided afterward if this option wins.

Democracy - Any man or woman, of any race or profession, from any guild, can run for office in the city.  It may be just a Mayor-like position, or there may be other positions that people can run for.  Prime Minister (Main Leader), Minister of Defense (Captain of The Guard/Police etc), Minister of blah blah blah.  That will all be decided afterward if this option wins.

Dictatorship - A single Guild Leader has control of the city.  Will they have control permanently?  Or will another Guild initiate a coup d'etat once and a while and depose of the Dictator, imposing their own Guild Leader as Tyrant of the city?  Like above, all this will be decided if this option wins.

Guild Council - A council of Guild Leaders who sit together once and a while to discuss matters that have an effect on the city as a whole, leaving basic things to be decided by themselves in their own guild controlled territory.  Same as above, specifics decided after.

If you have any suggestions on how each of these different systems could function, or just want to discuss the City of Guilds itself, this is now the place to do it.  Go for it!
"If you don't expect gratitude, you'll seldom be dissapointed."

RanmaChan

Sorry about resetting everything again, but someone keeps messing around with the poll, and the moderation log doesn't show poll changes, only when threads are edited, so this means:

You will have to vote via post.

I will count up all the votes later.

Monarchy - (3) - Beano, Ange, Avol
Democracy - (6) - Quin, SuperBikerBuddy, Noctiluscent, Fordwell, CPftw, Demon,
Dictatorship - (5) - Port, Nhart, Feerman, Jagger, Lachance,
Guild Council - (1) - FluffPuppies,

meldin

Dictatorship

RanmaChan

Ragolution

Dictatorship because it's temporary and what is more temporary than a hated dictator?

Superblackbiker

DEMOCRACY   
because its one of the only ones I see working long term and I think it will work out well.
I literally have nothing to say... that is all.

Noctilucent

A girls' tears are only to show to the person you love when you're truly happy, like when your father ridicules me or hits me with just enough force, I get so excited I cry tears of joy.

Fauxnal

dictatorship

fordwell

CPftw

pffft

nhart96

FluffPuppies

CoolFeerman

Democracy is secretly corrupt.
Dictatorship is openly corrupt.
Screw Democracy.

DICTATORSHIP +1

RanmaChan

Quote from: CoolFeerman on 14-03-2012
I don't care.
I still think they're overalls.

EDIT: The Skin IG looks of overalls.

>:(

meldin

you guys must not watch a lot of anime with maids or schools girls in it, have you...?

RanmaChan

Quote from: meldin on 14-03-2012
you guys must not watch a lot of anime with maids or schools girls in it, have you...?

Wait, are you including me in that generalization?  Cause that would be false.

meldin

Quote from: RanmaChan on 14-03-2012
Quote from: meldin on 14-03-2012

Wait, are you including me in that generalization?  Cause that would be false.

No, Im just saying that the dress of the characters I previously said  have a similar style dress when it comes to the straps.

Yes, I know your character is a fairy; from some kind of Manga that I've never heard of.

CoolFeerman

I don't care much for Anime (hurr durr fucking kill me), but I was remarking Cirno looks like she has overalls IN GAME. Not the actual picture.

Demonizer877

Awesomeness is the best trait one can have

Fauxnal

Mr_Squirrel

Dictatorship               

not because Port has a gun to my head or
anything...

RanmaChan

And here lies the problem with making this vote via posting, you can see the current poll and change your vote, I don't like that.  Damn I wish I could use the regular poll where you can't see the values until its over, but someone keeps messing around with those...

No more, no more changing your votes.  If your name is up there and I have already tabulated your vote, it will not be changed.

Ragolution

Quote from: RanmaChan on 15-03-2012
And here lies the problem with making this vote via posting, you can see the current poll and change your vote, I don't like that.  Damn I wish I could use the regular poll where you can't see the values until its over, but someone keeps messing around with those...

No more, no more changing your votes.  If your name is up there and I have already tabulated your vote, it will not be changed.

That's unfair. You can't say "YOU CAN CHANGE YOUR VOTE" and suddenly change your mind.

meldin

Quote from: Ragolution on 15-03-2012
Quote from: RanmaChan on 15-03-2012

That's unfair. You can't say "YOU CAN CHANGE YOUR VOTE" and suddenly change your mind.

+1