S.T.A.L.K.E.R has been sold to Bethesda

Started by themutatedman, 25-04-2012

Paintcheck

I see your shitty textures and no atmosphere and raise you a "OH MY GOD THE BUGS! MEMORY LEAKS EVERYWHERE!" Also console port probably.

Nothing good will come of this.

themutatedman

Nothing good comes out of bethesda

ever

Khorn

I assume this is to the publishers, not the developers.

Paintcheck

That is slightly better news. But only slightly seeing as the GSC team formed their own company for Survarium did they not?

It's going to be COD again: Infinity Ward leaves and the series turns to a shitty console port.

deluxulous

Quote from: Paintcheck on 25-04-2012
I see your shitty textures and no atmosphere and raise you a "OH MY GOD THE BUGS! MEMORY LEAKS EVERYWHERE!" Also console port probably.

Nothing good will come of this.

I raise you one sideways-walking mountain climbing adventure.

Silver Knight

Google translate:

A few days ago we agreed to an interview with Michael Razumov, which was held today in the online.

(Spravka. Michael Razumov. CEO and owner of "Z.O.V. Khabar")

In the morning we are in touch with Michael, so, in particular, one can obtain some information about events happening around the S. T. A. L. K. E. R. Two. and GSC Game, in particular.   The information is very scarce and fragmentary, however, the state of affairs at the moment we found out the following.

Statement by Sergei Grigorovich

"I realized that this concept is the stalker will not be of interest to many players and decided to remove all the work. Announcement will not be shown instead, all that the team managed to do without me. STALKER brand into the hands of Bethesda games. I'm leaving the game development - fed up with ... "
Please note that the statement of S. Grigorovich is not positioned as an official. If it turns out the failure of the news, we will publish a mandatory disclaimer.

Then it became known that the STALKER team is preparing an appeal to continue the project without the participation of Sergei Grigorovich!

Stay with us! And you'll learn everything from the first one!

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Overwatch

Well, you know. . . If you read it. . .
Its actually just a rumor from a non-official

Please note that the statement of S. Grigorovich is not positioned as an official. If it turns out the failure of the news, we will publish a mandatory disclaimer. Then it became known that the STALKER team is preparing an appeal to continue the project without the participation of Sergei Grigorovich!

GOD DAMN YOU EXILE YOU BET ME

Silver Knight

Quote from: OverPony on 25-04-2012
GOD DAMN YOU EXILE YOU BEAT ME

Harley Quinn: [singing] Take a break and play a while, doo da, doo da. Guaranteed I'll make you smile, oh the doo da day.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Frostee

meetdadoom

Quote from: Frostee on 25-04-2012
Quote from: themutatedman on 25-04-2012

ever

OKAY

After Morrow wind, everything from Bethesda sucked. Oblivion was poorly made, Skyrim was TERRIBLY made and fallout 3 had it's own made up canon that contradicted BrainFargo and his team's work. The only thing that came out of Bethesda was New vegas but even that was made by Brain Fargo's old team. Skyrim and fallout 3 are so poorly made that people require to use mods to actually fix the game and add elements that make the gameplay actually fun.

[flash=500,30]http://www.youtube.com/v/9UousVNJaIM[/flash]

Plunger

Quote from: meetdadoom on 25-04-2012

ever

OKAY

After Morrow wind, everything from Bethesda sucked. Oblivion was poorly made, Skyrim was TERRIBLY made and fallout 3 had it's own made up canon that contradicted BrainFargo and his team's work. The only thing that came out of Bethesda was New vegas but even that was made by Brain Fargo's old team. Skyrim and fallout 3 are so poorly made that people require to use mods to actually fix the game and add elements that make the gameplay actually fun.
Bethesda only published new Vegas and developed the dlc. Not the actual game.

gamerhead

Quote from: Plunger on 25-04-2012
Quote from: meetdadoom on 25-04-2012

ever

OKAY

Bethesda only published new Vegas and developed the dlc. Not the actual game.

Gonztah

Compare something like Oblivion to another RPG made around the same time, I mean when I first got Oblivion it was amazingly fun to play and so was Skyrim. I just got bored of them both after finishing most of the sidequests and the mainstory.

We'll see how this goes I guess, hopefully well.

Visari

Lets hope STALKER 2 is just as modifiable as Skyrim.
funny gifs

Iam333

Quote from: Visari on 25-04-2012
Lets hope STALKER 2 is just as modifiable as Skyrim.
Lets hope STALKER 2 wont use same engine as Skyrim.

Kelse

Quote from: Iam333 on 26-04-2012

All my agreement, all of it, Skyrim is the buggiest engine and you can climb up mountains with horses.

the permaban queen.

Steven :D

Quote from: Kelse on 26-04-2012
Quote from: Iam333 on 26-04-2012

All my agreement, all of it, Skyrim is the buggiest engine and you can climb up mountains with horses.

Everybody loves Skyrim though.

lolKieck

Who said they will develop STALKER 2?
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

kropfi

This should answer everyone's questions. This comes from GSC's Official Twitter page,

This is all from their Twitter page... It's pretty sad :/

SGT-Spartans

SRP chars:
Vasilli 'Vasoline' Nikolaev - Freedom - Alive
Aleksey Ipanov - Spooky Trenchcoat Man - Alive
'Pale' - Bloodsucker - Alive

Spades_Neil

Well I guess that settles that. Time to lock thread?

Kelse

Yes, Spades, please lock the thread.

the permaban queen.