Nintendo DS thread

Started by Lucidius, 24-03-2010

Lucidius

Havn't seen one, but this thread is to post your favorite DS/GBA games, a brief description, provide media, a name, it's genre, and the strong/weakpoints of the game. Also why you enjoyed it.

I'll start.

The World Ends With You

Description:

I just can't describe this game...You use pins to execute a different variety of attacks. Each attack type is based on a stylus move. Tap a spot to shoot in that direction, Press and hold a spot to use a kameha-esque beam, slash enemies to melee, click and drag yourself to move, etc. You also have to use the D-pad to control your partner on the top screen and execute combos. Each combo ends in a random symbol, and matches of specific symbols will increase the 'sync' between you and your partner. When sync is high enough, you can execute a special KILL EVERYTHING attack, which is generally awesome. Your characters have base stats aswell.

All in all it's an RPG with a unique combat system, and a system based around pop culture and shit Different brands of clothing and pins will receive bonuses (positive or negative) depending on the area your in, and fighting in one area consistantly will influence the 'in' brands. Brands are also geared towards different character builds.

Also, one of the game's main themes is music, which also goes with the whole pop culture feel. It's got a kicking OST of J-pop, Rap, techno etc. I personally enjoyed the story, found it compelling and the characters all have very differing personalities. I felt attached to the game and it's characters throughout most of it (sept the main char for the most part).

The World Ends With You - DS Trailer

God, there's just so much about this game that I loved, and that I could rant about.

Also, favorite characters;

Sho Minamimoto (The Grim Heaper/Pi-face)

Koki Kariya
Please check out my other suggestions for PS2. Click 'Like' if you agree!

!IMPORTANT! Empire Specific Fighters and the Empire Specific Weapons. Overview, tweeks and nerfs! BIG POST

My Profile[/b][/size]

Locke

I dont have a DS, but when I get one I will get Pokemon and Elite Beat Agents

Lucidius

what's so good about it.
Please check out my other suggestions for PS2. Click 'Like' if you agree!

!IMPORTANT! Empire Specific Fighters and the Empire Specific Weapons. Overview, tweeks and nerfs! BIG POST

My Profile[/b][/size]

Bl★ck Star

I also own a DS and 16 games or 18.  They're all bought and not dled and not played over a R4 system chip. Well if someone has a game that he wants to play tell me and i'll add you.

Silver Knight

I got a PSP ages ago, aload of poop, hand held gaming isn't the same anymore.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Welek

Ipod touch = Better than a PSP and DS.