MW2 Haters

Started by Frostee, 03-08-2010

Frostee

Why do people hate on MW2 so much? Is it because of the hackers, mods, perks, attachments, or prestige?

KillSlim

I hate it from what I have seen on the PC version, as I don't have a console. I'm a big Battlefield Series fan, I've owned every single copy of Battlefield, and I've never touched a Call of Duty.

Let's do a comparison of Bad Company 2 and Modern Warfare 2

BFBC2 Pre order price: 40 pounds
MW2 Pre order price: 60 pounds

BFBC2: 30 Pounds
MW2: 40 Pounds

Bad Company 2 has got what MW2 hasn't got:

HUGE well designed maps
The objective based maps are huge, especially when you consider the size of the rush game mode maps.

Vehicles
We're talking vehicles you just jump in and go, not something which requires you to have a kill streak. The Vehicles are often required for a victory, so if they're lost more pressure is put upon the ground units.
More tactics are required, it's not simply aim the enemy and shoot, there are more things to consider such as your surroundings, enemies with anti-tank weapons, where you're headed to, your vehicle health, bullet drop, etc.

Realistic weapon handling.
MW2 Weapons feel like paintball guns, there's no recoil, they have no weight, etc.

Superior Graphics - Fully destructible scenery
I've seen some MW2 fan boys criticize BFBC2 for having 'Partially destructible scenery', even though his is true, there has never been a game with destructible scenery at this detail and complexity.
Crysis has 'fully collapsible scenery'. The buildings don't blow up, they just .. fall over. Either way, the technology involved is years ahead of MW2.

Online game play support
Dedicated servers, anti-hack systems, these are a must for any online PC game, and it just so happens that MW2 lacks either of these.

I refuse to pay for a game, which is more expensive, has less features and support than the current leader.
"Yes, we will be changed and we will march with him, then all the world will have his colour and his light and his madness."

Ace: Howdy-do, Killslim.
Paintcheck: Uh...
Paintcheck: Wrong window

Locke

I like Project Reality instead :V

Bl★ck Star

Quote from: ㅎㅎLocke on 03-08-2010
I like Project Reality instead :V

This

Silver Knight

It's a game aimed at amatuer gamers, there's no real depth to it- and is highly unrealistic for the most part.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Khorn

Feels good to kill people who think they are pro at the game.

Especially when getting a nuke. You'd get spammed with comments on your 'pussy haxing skillz'.

Steel

Its shite. Always will be.

Lucidius

Quote from: Khorn on 22-08-2010
Feels good to kill people who think they are pro at the game.

>Implaying killing some one in that takes any effort.

o u

(i get your point though <3)
Please check out my other suggestions for PS2. Click 'Like' if you agree!

!IMPORTANT! Empire Specific Fighters and the Empire Specific Weapons. Overview, tweeks and nerfs! BIG POST

My Profile[/b][/size]