Meh I'll throw some tips at ya, for the guys that are new :
- As your first character, I strongly recommend Small Guns -> they are most common, and easily farmable/crafted. Once we get a base (If you will be playing that long) we will be able to store much more items, and farm some better weapons like Energy and Big guns. Throwing is somewhat good, grenades/throwing knives are easily craftable, but completly useless in PvP, if you want to go Throwing - you will need to farm plenty of Plasma grenades and such.
- Don't get more than 7 Strenght with Small Guns, weapons like 14mm pistol require 6 Strenght, if you have less than that, you won't be able to use it (Or well you will be, with +75% chance to miss or something like that, or it used to be like that atleast)
- Don't put any points in Charisma it's completly useless in FOnline unless you're going to be Slaver or group leader. (You need charisma so people can travel with you on World Map)
- Look up the perks that can be obtained by some quest, it would be waste to use your levels on those. (Awarness is important perk - you can get it in NCR, 6 PE required. You can get it throught dialogue in the bar)
- In FOnline, you can choose if you want turn combat or not, Turn Combat is ideal for farming NPCs. Real Combat requires some practice, and so does PVP - you will die alot if you encounter some veteran.
- Don't rely on Sneak like in Fallout games, you won't sneak around here unless it's over 200% atleast. 300% is recommended. Don't go for Sneaking characters if you're a newbie.
- Drugs are PERMAMENTLY addictive, don't take any Jet/Psycho or anything like that unless you have supplies of it. Once you take Psycho, you will be addicted forever, even if you take it accidentaly. For druggie character, I strongly recommend looking up some build; drugs are mainly for PVP.
- Don't make BoS/Enclave/Unity hostile unless you're farmed and you are going to farm their stuff.
- Get 10 Agillity, you will need those Action Points. Also avoid the trait 'Skilled' like cancer.
- If you encounter a locked vehicle - it belongs to some player, he just parked it there. You can attempt to lockpick it - but the guy will return for his car, and people that have cars, have weapons.
Wasteland is a harsh place, don't except that guy not to shoot you for that 10mm pistol you just looted.
However if you save some good guy's life, you might get yourself into some good faction, or gain good allies.but shoot them anyway, people are bastards, bring your own friends
Anyway, those are just personal tips. I also recommend to check this out http://www.fonline-reloaded.net/wiki/index.php?title=Advice_for_beginners
If you have anymore questions, feel free to ask me. Here or in PM or on Steam, doesn't matter.