Fez: Press Whatever (2d/3d platformer)

Started by Lucidius, 12-03-2010

Lucidius

Quote from: BoingBoingTV
"Fez" is one of the finalists in the 2008 Independent Games Festival awards. The conceit is deceptively simple: the protagonist avatar (the protavatar?) is a 2D character trapped in the 3D world. While that's been done before in games like Klonoa 2, the difference is that in Fez rotating the entire world reconfigures platforms that are out of depth on the Z-axis in 3D to still work in the plane in 2D. That doesn't make sense with me explaining it, I know, but watch the short clip and all should be clear.

Release Date:

Un-announced

Fez 2D/3D experience
Please check out my other suggestions for PS2. Click 'Like' if you agree!

!IMPORTANT! Empire Specific Fighters and the Empire Specific Weapons. Overview, tweeks and nerfs! BIG POST

My Profile[/b][/size]

Lucidius

Skip to 0:54 to see past it's basic 2d platformer appearence.

!IMPORTANT! Empire Specific Fighters and the Empire Specific Weapons. Overview, tweeks and nerfs! BIG POST

My Profile[/b][/size]

Zstan

The english ability of the people who wrote the lines are like Dark Angel.

Afromana

Assassinator

I posted a comment and it didn't show up...

Anatoly

I hate the name and the grammar, other than that the 3d part is alright.

Lucidius

Name and Grammer don't make the platformer, especially when it comes to Indie games, which typically have silly names on purpose, i.e VVVVVV

My Profile[/b][/size]

Anatoly

But Fez stands for Foreign Exchange Student.

Lucidius

Anyways, eagarly waiting release. It'll prolly be a while but oh well.

My Profile[/b][/size]