Blizzard on a banspree

Started by jaik, 12-10-2010

jaik

BACKGROUND:
On October 1, 2010, Blizzard began the unprecedented act of suspending and banning players for the use of cheats and trainers in SINGLE PLAYER games of Starcraft 2: Wings of Liberty. Users found to be using cheats in SINGLE PLAYER CAMPAIGN MODE and AI SKIRMISH mode were treated the same as if they had cheated in a multiplayer online match. For some, their accounts were suspended and for others their CD keys were disabled and they were completely locked out of playing even campaign mode in their legally purchased game.

Cheat Happens user gm0ney has yet to play Blizzard's much anticipated Starcraft 2: Wings of Liberty online. He's spent the majority of his time playing through the game's campaign and AI skirmish matches, which makes the email he received that much stranger. "Offense: Terms of Use Violation - Exploitative Activity: Unauthorized cheat programs ('hacks'). Account Action: 14 day (336 hour) suspension." The user had been suspended, for using the trainer for Starcraft 2 created and distributed by CheatHappens.com, strictly against AI opponents. "Gm0ney" isn't alone either, Blizzard's actions have left many Cheat Happens users with a suspension or much worse, a lifetime ban, it also has many wondering - is it legal?

"I was mostly shocked," Cheat Happens gm0ney said of the ban e-mail. "Although with all of the news about bans and suspensions coming up, I was somewhat prepared. Blizzard has made it very public in the few months since the game's release that they would take immediate action against anyone found cheating in any form of StarCraft 2. "We take cheating in our games very seriously," said a Blizzard spokesperson in a press release. "If you're caught cheating in Starcraft 2, Blizzard, as per the terms in the EULA reserves the right to ban your battle.net account and/or CD key from ever playing again, online or off. In essence, it's the language of the EULA that's in question in the argument as Blizzard states that "playing anything other than an unaltered game client violates the Battle.net terms or use. "We strongly recommend that you avoid using any hacks, cheats or exploits."

Sauce:http://www.cheathappens.com/article_blizzardbans.asp

Why would you ban someone for cheating in SP, it doesn't harm anyone.
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

Bl★ck Star

Pointless Banspree is Pointless

I don't see a Valid Point why they should ban those people for cheating in SP, they aren't ruining someones gameplay ...

Chaos

Shouldn't they be more concentrated on Multiplayer?