APB bought for 2.4 Million Dollars, May make a Come Back?

Started by Pawx, 13-11-2010

Pawx

Source: http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/66432

QuoteWhile rumours have been swirling about APB being bought by one company or another since developer Realtime Worlds folded, GamesIndustry.biz is confident in its sources saying that the cops vs. robbers MMORPG has been bought by K2 Network, owner of the free-to-play MMO publisher GamersFirst.

The site's sources claim that K2 has paid around £1.5 million (roughly $2.4 million US) for APB and that it could be back up and running before the end of the year. Supposedly, the purchase will be officially announced in the coming week.

Realtime Worlds' administrator already managed to sell the Scottish developer's "3D social gaming experience" Project: MyWorld and had been seeking a buyer for APB. While it initially vowed APB would continue to run, the MMO shut down in September.

Hope came in October when "patch notes" appeared in the patcher saying "It's looking like there might be light at the end of the tunnel for APB. The end of the administration process is apparently close and there appears to be a buyer for the game."

GamersFirst declined to comment on the rumour to GamesIndustry.

I say: Too Late, everyone already sold their copy of APB...

Picto Wolf

It was a shame it went but i would not pay for it again, i have once already and look what happened.
To the darkness I bring fire. To the ignorant I bring faith. Those who welcome these gifts may live, but I will visit naught but death and eternal damnation to those who refuse them.

Bl★ck Star

everyone sold his copy, lol and I think this will die out again in 4-6 month's

Pawx

Bump for a Pretty cool Update...

It seems the new buyers are making APB a Free to Play MMO now, no need to buy it again. I'll most likely play it again if it leads to this.

Steven :D

I'll play if it it does not have a massive item shop for OP guns.