If I may input about races (and donations),

Started by Spades_Neil, 27-05-2012

Silver Knight

To answer some of your questions the way i am currently looking at doing things is having common races around our system free, others which are uncommon or rarer races like wookies, jawa's and such will be a donation race. As for the SRP-FRP layout with bandit-merc-stalker i may do the same trio. Jedi\Sith Will be application only, i am considering wether or not it should be treated as a faction or a solo-act like traders.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

RG4ORDR

Quote from: Last.Exile on 01-06-2012
To answer some of your questions the way i am currently looking at doing things is having common races around our system free, others which are uncommon or rarer races like wookies, jawa's and such will be a donation race. As for the SRP-FRP layout with bandit-merc-stalker i may do the same trio. Jedi\Sith Will be application only, i am considering wether or not it should be treated as a faction or a solo-act like traders.
I'm 100% sure you wouldn't see a Jawa off Tatoonie. But I would mind the experience Bounty Hunter/ merc flags as long as they aren't the only way you can be one.
er

Maxi96203

Jedi should be a faction.
Sith should be a very small faction.

EDIT: Sith without a faction are just Dark Jedi.
ASSHOLE DESCRIPTION FOR PREMIUM™ HGN™ SUBSCRIBERS™ ONLY

RG4ORDR

Quote from: Maxi96203 on 01-06-2012

Just no.  The Jedi haven't yet begun a resurgence in the galaxy. Most of your real Jedi are either Order 66 survivors or they're still hiding, so you wouldn't expect them to be suddenly be popping up on planets in the Unknown regions. Secondly the planet we're going to be on will have a STRONG Remnant presence so being an active Jedi will most likely to get your ass killed if you pull a lightsaber out or force push someone. The Sith are much for strong than the Jedi during this timeline, so seeing them as a small faction is bad and suggesting they be a faction is stupid too.
er

Maxi96203

Quote from: RG4ORDR on 01-06-2012
Quote from: Maxi96203 on 01-06-2012

Just no.  The Jedi haven't yet begun a resurgence in the galaxy. Most of your real Jedi are either Order 66 survivors or they're still hiding, so you wouldn't expect them to be suddenly be popping up on planets in the Unknown regions. Secondly the planet we're going to be on will have a STRONG Remnant presence so being an active Jedi will most likely to get your ass killed if you pull a lightsaber out or force push someone. The Sith are much for strong than the Jedi during this timeline, so seeing them as a small faction is bad and suggesting they be a faction is stupid too.

so wait

Imperial Remnant
New Republic

Imperial Remnant stronger than New Republic

well then you say the Remnant have a strong grip over this world

well fucking excuse me for not knowing this shit

allow me to
AMMEND

jedi should not be a faction
sith should be a faction

KingArthur

I dont think there are ANY 'jedi' or ANY 'sith' left besides luke.... Remeber the whole kill every jedi part in the 3rd movie? yea... Sith wouldn't even be around either.

Maxi96203

Quote from: KingArthur on 01-06-2012
I dont think there are ANY 'jedi' or ANY 'sith' left besides luke.... Remeber the whole kill every jedi part in the 3rd movie? yea... Sith wouldn't even be around either.

Obi-Wan and Yoda are both examples of Jedi that survived Order 66, and the Sith were created when the Empire came to power. Sith have existed for a long time, but they just keep coming back and back. If the Sith had a hold over the Warlord that commands the Remnant in this timeline, they would be the commanders of the military, I believe.

Sith were not killed during Order 66, this is why Anakin Skywalker was able to survive and become Darth Vader, of the Sith Order.

RG4ORDR

Quote from: KingArthur on 01-06-2012
Actually most if not all Sith that were around during the Clone Wars were pretty much spared. Take note Order 66 was to kill ALL the Jedi. Dark Siders and Sith were spared either because they served Palpy or weren't Jedi really. Hell during the Great Jedi Purge 100% of the Force users killed were in fact Jedi, and Dark Side Adepts and Sith were spared either because they served Palpy as evidence of the Inquistors and Emperor's hands, along with apprentices Vader taunt during his life or they just weren't found.
er

Ragolution

I don't think we determined a timeline/timeframe. All of your arguments are invalid.

gamerhead

Quote from: Ragolution on 01-06-2012
I don't think we determined a timeline/timeframe. All of your arguments are invalid.

This^^^^^^

Gonztah

Quote from: gamerhead on 01-06-2012
Quote from: Ragolution on 01-06-2012

This^^^^^^
"The Timeline:"

"The timeline is just after the New Republic is formed and the Imperial Remnant starts forming everywhere. We are aiming for a time around 5 - 10 ABY, before the Empire of the hand."

Silver Knight

I think some people i.e. ragolution, Gamerhead and maxi all need to go read the info thread. It explains the timeline, the imperials etc.

gamerhead

I read the info thread, it says we are aiming for that time line, nothin has been set in stone yet like rago was trying to point out.

Maxi96203

Quote from: Last.Exile on 02-06-2012
I think some people i.e. ragolution, Gamerhead and maxi all need to go read the info thread. It explains the timeline, the imperials etc.

read it
amended it.

Recreas

1. This thread was not to discuss the Jedi/Sith topic, just pointing out,

Next is that Jedi if we may look at the games like Jedi Knight show that Luke Skywalker had started a Jedi Training Facility, so it is possible to have some jedi, not strong since not even Luke knows a lot about the force at all. But Padawan level non the less, Sith on the other hand if I am correct (Star Wars wiki site) were trained my palpatine in secret facilities. It just all depends on the planet, would both sides/factions be willing to spend a lot of resources on it, or only a handfull of Sith/Jedi.

But yes, Jedi/Sith should definetly be application only, probably even limited to Force-Sensetive where there will be one/two master, these force sensetives can't use their force powers for shit untill they learn (Maybe use the Mage concept from Crussaria?)
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves

Silver Knight

There were still lots of jedi in hiding. Hundreds of them and they were hunted down by vader.

Recreas

True, but still the news of the rebellions victory would be heard by many, and some of the Star Wars games do show an organised group of Jedi.
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves

Ragolution

Quote from: Recreas on 02-06-2012
True, but still the news of the rebellions victory would be heard by many, and some of the Star Wars games do show an organised group of Jedi.

Luke started a goddamn mother fucking jedi academy.

RG4ORDR

In regards any groups of Jedi hiding were able to mask their presence in the force thus making it impossible for Palpy to sense them out and have Vader go after them. A good example of large of Jedi going wrong was the Conclave on Kessel where Vader and company curbed stomped the Jedi there. But most Jedi wouldn't suddenly Rise up from their hiding places after hearing of Rebellion Victories I mean sure you had some in the Rebellion or those who joined out of spite and such but most of your survivors wouldn't dare make themselves know in the force.
Quote from: Ragolution on 02-06-2012
Luke started a goddamn mother fucking jedi academy.
The Jedi Praxeum wasn't established during this timeline.
er

Tom

Quick question. who gives a FUCK about Jedi. the thread isn't even about fucking Jedi or sith we've somehow turned it into a Jedi and sith thread we need to get on track and talk about donation shit, and jedi and sith are *Looks at previous posts* Not donor shit. Talk about donor shit
Quote from: TheAndyShandy on 05-12-2013
Oh boy.
Strap yourselves in, it's time for the great 'obligatory' SRP resurrection of 2013/14/15/16/22

gamerhead

Quote from: Tom on 03-06-2012
Quick question. who gives a FUCK about Jedi. the thread isn't even about fucking Jedi or sith we've somehow turned it into a Jedi and sith thread we need to get on track and talk about donation shit, and jedi and sith are *Looks at previous posts* Not donor shit. Talk about donor shit

This is a good idea, so back on topic.  I think that Wookies and some other major races should be donor only.

RG4ORDR

Quote from: gamerhead on 04-06-2012

This is a good idea, so back on topic.  I think that Wookies and some other major races should be donor only.
Yes, lets totally force players to be a select few races while the people who donate can be a Twi'lek, Chiss, or Mirialan. This has to be the STUPIDEST thing suggested here I've seen some retarded things on other forums and such but this just, WAT.
er

Gonztah

Quote from: RG4ORDR on 04-06-2012

Yes, lets totally force players to be a select few races while the people who donate can be a Twi'lek, Chiss, or Mirialan. This has to be the STUPIDEST thing suggested here I've seen some retarded things on other forums and such but this just, WAT.
Yeah making common races donator only would be a stupid thing to do. Rare races and wildlife (and I still think the way it's in SRP is good that you can donate for better start gear) are the way to go.

Recreas

Quote from: RG4ORDR on 04-06-2012

Agree with you there, we should do it the other way around gamerhead. Make a lot of major races free for everyone to choose and the more rarer races like Wookies donator only (Wookies are rare in the timeline? if not, its an example
).

Cutch

Silverknight has already stated he has planned to only make rare races donator along with the usual experienced/veteran/master donator flags.

"Stop living life so that you can do a job with out pay"
-Blake/Last Exile