What Features Would You Like To See In RAD2?

Started by Silver Knight, 03-11-2009

Silver Knight

What Features Would You Like To See In RAD2?

Discuss what you would like to see in RadiationScript 2 here, as id like to get a idea of what you HGNer's want the most, and to see if any good idea's appear which i have not thought of.

Things which are already happening (So don't discuss)
Fixed Inventory
Gambling
Better Suit System (Taking Suits Off)
New Better Weapon Base

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

KingArthur

Radiation, and Radiation poisoning so if stalkers wander into radiation (Or a area highly radioactive) they go BLAH ... Suits would affect this...?

deluxulous

More developer access so it's easier for the dev team to fix stuff that needs to be fixed.

Oh, and possibly more items. I can hex stuff for weapons if you need them. (Idc if it's easy, just so you guys don't need to bother with it.)

Anyways, some better VGUI/HUD would be nice too.

Lucidius

Suits having protection against anomolie damage?

Specific types of anomolie damage if so?
Please check out my other suggestions for PS2. Click 'Like' if you agree!

!IMPORTANT! Empire Specific Fighters and the Empire Specific Weapons. Overview, tweeks and nerfs! BIG POST

My Profile[/b][/size]

Assassinator

Don't know if you ment this or not but if we could use suits while in inventory. It'd help to avoid the rare newbie steal. Just a small convenience that'd be nice to have.

Celtic

It'd be great if you could modify armors a bit, such as giving the sunrise suit a little bit of armor so people would wear it.  It'd also be nice if you could increase protection on the French Merc suits and the German Merc suits, since I assume they'd be better than the default one.  I also think the Freedom flags could be edited.  It makes no sense that the Freedomer flag spawns with AK's when Freedom uses all NATO weapons.

Lucidius

Also, stamina.

Plox Stamina.

And weapons go down/holster when sprinting and pop back up, like in Mad Cow's SWEP base.

!IMPORTANT! Empire Specific Fighters and the Empire Specific Weapons. Overview, tweeks and nerfs! BIG POST

My Profile[/b][/size]

Steel

Original skins for all factions, like DUTY and freedom have the CS skin with different colours, maybe implement another skin for it to abolish the CS ones.
Of course, it has to be doable.
Weapon add-ons, such as adding SUSATS and grenade launchers (Preferbly Donator only).
And weapon sounds... so we can hear when we are being shot at, dont know if you have already worked on that.

KingArthur

How about, a setting for if you die you would go into a wounded animation, for Role play instead of just ... dieing and respawning. You could turn it off/on according to your preference. Also if some one gave you a med kit in this state you would be healed?

Steel

A bit like when you find wounded stalker on the floor... right?
Also, PLEASE GET THE L85 BACK!

And a 6 seated chopper :)

Wazer Wifle

I definitely think we need to be able to keep the guns that we have out equipped, in case of a server crash.

Also, I believe that faction suits, giving out 200 armor, should be nerfed to 150 armor or 175. At the moment, they are a bit ridiculous.

I think that SKAT6 Military suit should be buffed, at the moment, it only gives 230 armor, and that sucks pretty hard. Perhaps 350 armor?

Steel

Agree with wazer, its quite pathetic for a great suit in the game.

Assassinator

Szenti

Quote from: KingArthur on 05-11-2009
How about, a setting for if you die you would go into a wounded animation, for Role play instead of just ... dieing and respawning. You could turn it off/on according to your preference. Also if some one gave you a med kit in this state you would be healed?

Yeah, I'll support this idea. It would be good for the Injury RP-s. When you lose all your health, Then you fall down on the floor for... 5 Minutes? And if noone helps you with a command like /Cure or something, or a medkit. Then You die.

Celtic

Quote from: Wazer Wifle on 05-11-2009
I definitely think we need to be able to keep the guns that we have out equipped, in case of a server crash.

Also, I believe that faction suits, giving out 200 armor, should be nerfed to 150 armor or 175. At the moment, they are a bit ridiculous.

I think that SKAT6 Military suit should be buffed, at the moment, it only gives 230 armor, and that sucks pretty hard. Perhaps 350 armor?

This, except maybe 275% for SKAT armor.  Great ideas from Wazer.

ISPYUDIE

Tranq guns, would be great for RP but should be quite expensive.

Would get rid of all the times someone asspulls a tranq to knockout a sucker and results in mega flamage and OOC spamming

Zero

Guitar playing, nothing complex just something we can do when we have a guitar, we can basicly just type in /play song1, /play song2 /play song3 ect

Lucidius

rp_voice guitar1 imo.

Also non-lethal tactics would be cool, but easily RP'able.

My Profile[/b][/size]

deluxulous

Quote from: The Jackal on 05-11-2009
Weapon add-ons, such as adding SUSATS and grenade launchers. (Preferbly Donator only).

Fixed for you.

AND MOAR SILENCED WEP0NZ

KillSlim

-A new, more attractive HUD. Maybe the one Tund ripped?

-Weapons' accuracy correspond to their actual performance in the Stalker games. This mainly concerns accuracy. Older weapons like Kalashnikovs, and less accurate weapons like SMG's and pistols have their accuracy reduced. I mean, I sniped someone with an AK-74u, those things should have low-medium accuracy!

-Weapons' accuracy increases when you use Iron-sights / scopes, as seen in Kermites swep packs.

-Shotguns have the option to switch to either Slugs or Buckshots, as seen in Kermites shotgun swep pack.

-Make the unused Mercenary models into suits. It's a shame to see those awesome models go to waste.

-A Weight limit in your inventory (?)

-PDA System, where you can make your own Biography, and view others' biography, along with viewing item information in detail (Not sure if this is possible.)

I referred to Kermite's weapons packs to show it has been done and that it is possible.
"Yes, we will be changed and we will march with him, then all the world will have his colour and his light and his madness."

Ace: Howdy-do, Killslim.
Paintcheck: Uh...
Paintcheck: Wrong window

Tunddruff

Quote from: The Jackal on 05-11-2009
Original skins for all factions, like DUTY and freedom have the CS skin with different colours, maybe implement another skin for it to abolish the CS ones.
Of course, it has to be doable.
Weapon add-ons, such as adding SUSATS and grenade launchers (Preferbly Donator only).
And weapon sounds... so we can hear when we are being shot at, dont know if you have already worked on that.
* Tunddruff 's job

I have some weapons built off of someone elses, I dont know if I wana redo the animations for guns.

I AM going to do models when I have the chance (As it is easier if it works like I want it to.)
I have a few different models to work with, but I wana get it so that they use ONE model and many skins, saving space and resources for those who dont have the ram.

Now for my suggestion, if possible, making some kind of map bases thing that is like env_firedamage = (lets say...) 50.

Then say you have a seva on
evn_firedamageresistance = 70(%)

So fire bases stuff would do 30% dmg to that seva, mean while a rookie jacket has
env_firedamageresistance = 0(%)

Things that dont USE armor but reduce damage and damage amounts, cause that would be awesome not seeing "144%" in my corner then BAM even though I am in an exo, I still take damage when that is gone -_-

Something that will take longer to get out, but can be modded and have more added later in time, this being upgrades, suits, guns and other stuff (knives o-O)

Some stuff, I realize that the more dedication I give to models the better they will be, but I know what I have to do and plan spending my entire Christmas break doing one thing only: Models (RAGDOLLS) and maybe some textures too >_> ... meaning non faction suits. . . like wearing a Wind OF Freedom, but has no Freedom tags on it (I plan on adding small bands based on the multiplayer but not to the extent where they glow, cause that would make you too easy to spot and shoot. THere is my ideas/plans/hopes enjoy... my head is on a slant

Quote from: PistolKid on 08-11-2009
AND MOAR SILENCED WEP0NZ

Im already planing on the PB being put in (I hope so atleast)... and making assassinations more fun, with Binoculars and the REAL knife model.

Quote from: KillSlim on 08-11-2009
-A new, more attractive HUD. Maybe the one Tund ripped?

-Weapons' accuracy correspond to their actual performance in the Stalker games. This mainly concerns accuracy. Older weapons like Kalashnikovs, and less accurate weapons like SMG's and pistols have their accuracy reduced. I mean, I sniped someone with an AK-74u, those things should have low-medium accuracy!

-Weapons' accuracy increases when you use Iron-sights / scopes, as seen in Kermites swep packs.

-Shotguns have the option to switch to either Slugs or Buckshots, as seen in Kermites shotgun swep pack.

-Make the unused Mercenary models into suits. It's a shame to see those awesome models go to waste.

-A Weight limit in your inventory (?)

-PDA System, where you can make your own Biography, and view others' biography, along with viewing item information in detail (Not sure if this is possible.)

I referred to Kermite's weapons packs to show it has been done and that it is possible.
I suggested making the CS hud to silver, his reply was CS sucked.

Easy way to fix the guns is to make them do more dmg on head shots and stuff like that, but still have a curve.

Or make mercs faction based >_>

Weighed inventory would be great . . . assuming I get the extra 15kg from my exo that it takes up like in the real game.

Its possible, Like, it would be in your inventory, you right click on it and edit it, i have all the boxes and resources needed, MAN I WISH WE HAD A LARGE DEV TEAM

"Kermite's weapons packs" was my base for my sweps that I made, Ill fix them later and make a video, dont have many done though, around 15 I think (including special ones like the fort 15)

Lucidius

You can remove your own posts, and also CS did suck, but if the inventory screens where on the opposite sides then the inventory screen would be a bit better then SoC's, excluding you not seeing yourself and what not.

My Profile[/b][/size]

Griffen

Ooo.. Looks like Rad2  is gonna be EPICCCC! Good job Silver, Your a coding masta!
|HGN|Griffen: Hey, kid.
|HGN|Griffen: Get off my lawn.
|HGN-CTS|Afromana: Hey kiddo, get of my work
|HGN|Griffen: Uhm, this is MY LAWN.
|HGN-CTS|Afromana: While I can do so that you can never play or use anything HGN related
|HGN-CTS|Afromana: Shoo
|HGN|Griffen: God damnit.

Plunger

Quote from: Griffen on 10-11-2009
Ooo.. Looks like Rad2  is gonna be EPICCCC! Good job Silver, Your a coding masta!
I don't understand that feature.

Anyways, I'd just be happy with a fixed inventory.

Cobra

STOOL that allows admins to set an area of effect and damage per second or so. That way we can make our own radiation zones manually if necessary.