The Rangers [Minor Faction Request]

Started by Lent23, 02-03-2012

Lent23

Condensed backstory: The Rangers is a group founded by stalkers Adam Chronovich and Raven, two Stalkers who have spent months inside of the Zone, slowly honing their skills. After gathering up his own following, Adam began to weed out the good, trainable Stalkers (Good roleplayers) from everybody else. The Rangers creed, "We protect our own" is the very basis of the Ranger Ideals, as they are a tightly knit group of Stalkers who intend to protect eachother, fancying a close friend to guard their back rather than traveling alone or in less prepared Stalker groups.

Information: The Rangers are a paramilitary group based on both trust and rank. They draw aspects from other, similar paramilitary groups, like Duty. Their ranks go from Lieutenant Colonel to Recruit, similarly to Duty, however do not share the same ideals with Duty, preferring to stay with protecting their small group. They are friendly with Freedom due to Adam's past encounters with them, though not entirely agreeing with trying to protect the Zone.

Reason for this post: Due to faction activity, The Rangers have become a popular group, similar to the main factions Freedom and Duty, with a similar amount of people. Due to activity and amount of members, I would like to officially add this post to 'apply' for a section on the forums where I can add more information and more posts, and fully become recognized as a "minor faction," a group of Stalkers who protect each other.

I would greatly appreciate you roleplaying with us before either +supporting or -supporting my request to become a minor faction, as it would help with showing who really supports or doesn't support the group.

The group has never mass recruited, and everybody in the group has been screened for roleplay abilities. They may have been less than known out of character, however that does not mean that they are any less of roleplayers than anybody else.

Thank you for reading my post, and I'd like to see what you guys think of my group.

The group page
http://www.forums.hypergamer.net/player-based-groups/the-rangers-12861
"Mommy, when is Daddy coming home?"
"Here, Alex.. Daddy sent us a package.. The soldier told us that it.. might be a while until Daddy's done with his service. Don't worry, you'll see him soon, Alex.."
"He's always gone! I never get to see him!"

darkzerxx

Be diffrent and got nothing against them so.
+support.
Ex-Duty-converted Monolith:|Draco 'Dice' stellem|Decease
Stalker/Trader:|Dracovich Raka|Alive
Eco:|Dr.Richard L. Vangraff|In zone
Stalker:|Scarler 'becca' Owen|Alive
Ex-freedomer-duty:|Levi'Fox'Krillen|Alive
Stalker:|Taylor 'trinity'|Alive
Sucker:|Hunter|Alive
Military:|Scarlet Stroik|alive

StickyWicket

But the thing is, that would mean Rangers would need to apply to join. And the faction in its self is based on recruiting.

Lent23

Quote from: StickyWicket on 02-03-2012
But the thing is, that would mean Rangers would need to apply to join. And the faction in its self is based on recruiting.
Quote from: Lent23The group has never mass recruited, and everybody in the group has been screened for roleplay abilities. They may have been less than known out of character, however that does not mean that they are any less of roleplayers than anybody else.
"Here, Alex.. Daddy sent us a package.. The soldier told us that it.. might be a while until Daddy's done with his service. Don't worry, you'll see him soon, Alex.."

Ket

(°╭ ◡ ╮°)

Knife_cz

The "Rangers" are around for like month, maybe two.
Around 1 week ago you actually got some members (From 4 to 10/11 now)
To be honest, I think it is a bit too soon to request such thing.

Lent23

I'm mainly doing this to get my own small faction area, to make it easier to manage some things. Goose supported me making a thread like this since we're so active and we have an actual objective to do so. It's not really much to ask for.

Knife_cz

Every group has its "Golden times", I really want to see if you will be same active in next month :).

Lent23

Quote from: knife_cz on 02-03-2012
Every group has its "Golden times", I really want to see if you will be same active in next month :) .
Watch us, then.

Goose

All of the members of the Rangers +supports are discounted all members of the rangers are to stop posting + supports.
~"Victory isn't sweet, Victory is the absence of the taste of fear and stench of death"

Vorter

Corocan

Nothing against you, but it seems like this is an honor clone and we all remember what happened to honor when it became a minor faction. It seems to me like the exact same thing might happen here and there would be no point. I mean, if it showed a lot more initiative and maybe a more defined outline, history, ect. then I would definitely support it...

Lent23

Quote from: Corocan on 02-03-2012
Nothing against you, but it seems like this is an honor clone and we all remember what happened to honor when it became a minor faction. It seems to me like the exact same thing might happen here and there would be no point. I mean, if it showed a lot more initiative and maybe a more defined outline, history, ect. then I would definitely support it...
Honor was a group of Stalkers that tried too hard to protect everything and spread their resources thin doing so. There's a backstory that I've been writing for a few days but I haven't been able to post it yet, 'cause it isn't finished, if that's what you want. It's essentially just a group of Stalkers who don't care much for the Zone's future, but spend the time there to live lives that are unable to be lived in the real world, because when you have a group of Stalkers who you're close with, you feel a lot safer in the Zone and a lot more comfortable dealing with things, similar to how a faction functions.

Corocan

Quote from: Lent23 on 03-03-2012
Quote from: Corocan on 02-03-2012
Honor was a group of Stalkers that tried too hard to protect everything and spread their resources thin doing so. There's a backstory that I've been writing for a few days but I haven't been able to post it yet, 'cause it isn't finished, if that's what you want. It's essentially just a group of Stalkers who don't care much for the Zone's future, but spend the time there to live lives that are unable to be lived in the real world, because when you have a group of Stalkers who you're close with, you feel a lot safer in the Zone and a lot more comfortable dealing with things, similar to how a faction functions.

The most usual reason loners came to the Zone was for two reason: Money, or to escape from the law. Assuming it's to escape from the law enforcements, it's easy to assume they're most likely a banditry. If it was for money, like most loners they'd be artifact hunters or Mexkranian day laborers, AKA Mercenaries of a type. As soon as you post this backstory I would be very intrigued to know their history and how they got to meet eachother.

Maybe you should require all your members make a backstory of who they were and how they became a part of the Rangers? If they're premium, it'd definitely shut up everyone who's been yelling 'MASS RECRUITMENT!'

Knife_cz

Quote from: Lent23 on 02-03-2012
Every group has its "Golden times", I really want to see if you will be same active in next month :) .
Watch us, then.
12 days have passed, group's "golden times" are over.
And some people have left, 8 members now.

Lent23

Quote from: knife_cz on 15-03-2012
Quote from: Lent23 on 02-03-2012
Watch us, then.
12 days have passed, group's "golden times" are over.
And some people have left, 8 members now.
Most of us have just migrated to FORP for now. Group is still around, but it's settled so free STALKERs have a chance to roleplay.

Paralyzed

I'm still around, if that counts...
SRP Characters:
Artyom Fedoseev 'Ex S-Sgt, Duty' - Alive
Dimitri Petrenkov 'Co-Leader, The Rangers' - Alive
Vladislav Ivanov 'Trader' - KIA

Madcombat

Defiance had a bigger chance back in the day, thing is the same out come will happen.  People will get bored and move on especially when theres other servers out there to try (FORP) (CRP)  Leading a faction requires dedication and commitment.  You cant just move off the server to go on FORP and hang around there because the faction will suffer.   I couldnt support this mate.

Poler

Quote from: Madcombat on 16-03-2012
Defiance had a bigger chance back in the day, thing is the same out come will happen.  People will get bored and move on especially when theres other servers out there to try (FORP) (CRP)  Leading a faction requires dedication and commitment.  You cant just move off the server to go on FORP and hang around there because the faction will suffer.   I couldnt support this mate.
Not many people have actually been on SRP since FORP was re-launched. So it's really hard to run a group when no players are active on SRP anymore. But they'll come back... they always come back.

CC

+Support Skulls minor faction

But on a serious note, didn't the LEADER of the Rangers leave it? >_>

Madcombat

Quote from: CC on 16-03-2012

Exactly, requires dedication like I said.  If I gain enough time and will.  I might go for another round with Defaince, this would be my 4th time.

Lent23

Quote from: CC on 16-03-2012

No, I'm still in it :l

PingPong

I've seen a few people from rangers still on like Voyla, Crosshair, and even Adam but thats about it. Seems a bit inactive but it's most likely due to FORP
"One death is a tragedy. A million deaths is just a statistic." -Joseph Stalin