SRP: Dislike/Like , Want/Do Not Want Discussion.

Started by Spades_Neil, 07-11-2012

Spades_Neil

Quote from: PistolKid on 07-11-2012
What I want to see: Higher levels of inter-faction activity.
Why I want it in SRP: The faction leaders themselves and possibly admins would probably have to come to a consensus, but without the factions actively communicating or vying for dominance over one another, the purpose of the factions becomes null and void. All of the factions have long term goals which cannot be reasonably completed for the sake of RP, canon, and balance, unless the canon was to become custom at some point in time. However, they still should act like they are trying to achieve those goals, as well as short term goals which may be petty but necessary. While they are trying to achieve said goals (be they long term or short term) contact with other factions becomes inevitable for whatever reasons (conflicting or similar interests, hatred for other faction, what have you). Faction "wars" (in the violent sense) should not be the primary focus, but are certainly a large part in the sense for territory control and whatever else might rise. What I'd like to see is an increase in diplomacy and strategy with other factions. (Total War esque to compare it to something relatable) Just a thought, I suppose.

I second this notion and would like to add to it for sake of ideas.

You bring up strategy, let's try a few specific ideas. Every now and then there should be special locations that factions could take--either both of them battle for it at once in an event, or one takes it and the other is forced to negotiate a compromise.

Let's say Duty takes over a roadway. Freedom needs this road for trade. (I'm just making shit up.) Duty is blockading the road and they are too heavily dug-in to take the road by force, but Freedom recently captured a Duty soldier. Instead of Freedom going in and hopelessly attacking time and time again, Freedom instead negotiates the return of the Duty soldier(s) in exchange for Duty guards on the road being removed.

If I may give a word of advice, we should start the factions off neutral and let them start fighting on their own. However, admins need to give them something to fight about. OOCly, both faction leaders should be in close communication. We had some really fun events on Fallout by keeping the factions OOCly in contact. However, since I was both a faction leader and an admin, I was usually too busy to do many of these events.

And yea. Fuck gear return in faction battles.

Steven :D

Fuck gear return in general, give more people money so they wont whine about losing shit all the time. Give military an actual role to play by stopping stalkers and ejecting their asses out of the zone if needs be. I don't think they'd like stalkers getting ahold of precious SKAT's Berills and Exo's. They should be targets.

Spades_Neil

Quote from: Steven :D on 07-11-2012
Fuck gear return in general, give more people money so they wont whine about losing shit all the time. Give military an actual role to play by stopping stalkers and ejecting their asses out of the zone if needs be. I don't think they'd like stalkers getting ahold of precious SKAT's Berills and Exo's. They should be targets.

There's something to add. Use the military as a means of balancing the economy, like I used to use raiders in the Fallout server. They have no real use for the gear, so what becomes of it? It gets destroyed.

Mutants could serve a similar purpose for guns and what not. Though, less so than mutants still because they attend to attack weaker targets than the guy in an exo.

EDIT: Obviously the military is more organized than raiders. No lonewolf leet sniper derps running around. If you're going to go on a lonewolf mission in any faction, it should be purely for recon. Not indiscriminate killing.

Lent23

>Corrupted SSS Soldier
>Sent to inhibit people from invading the Zone
>No records kept of your activity (That people will get angry about)
>To kill a Stalker and risk your life, or to stay in your base and live?
>To kill the Stalker, or to let him pass through the checkpoint, provided he has tons of money?
"Mommy, when is Daddy coming home?"
"Here, Alex.. Daddy sent us a package.. The soldier told us that it.. might be a while until Daddy's done with his service. Don't worry, you'll see him soon, Alex.."
"He's always gone! I never get to see him!"