Yes
34 (66.7%)
No
17 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Voting closed: 27-03-2012

Silver Knight

S.T.A.L.K.E.R Roleplay Wipe

You are voting for a partial wipe (Wiping the database) This means your gear\characters will be lost, you may remake them however.

Please vote on this, either yes/no if you want it to be wiped.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Knife_cz

No reason to wipe, sure there are wealthy people.
But bandits will do the job..but the lack nowdays.

Silver Knight

Quote from: knife_cz on 22-03-2012
No reason to wipe, sure there are wealthy people.
But bandits will do the job..but the lack nowdays.
You say that, but there are underlying problems such as problem being too rich and once you get that far up the ladder it gets boring for people and the economy just becomes non-existant.

StickyWicket

I would support a wipe, but don't you think it would be best to first identify the problems with the economy so we may fix it? What exactly is causing us to have a weak economy?

Tom

Crutch of pay checks. I'll work with the admin team and traders to make it so that eventually we won't need them at all.
Quote from: TheAndyShandy on 05-12-2013
Oh boy.
Strap yourselves in, it's time for the great 'obligatory' SRP resurrection of 2013/14/15/16/22

Ket

I voted yes for a gear & money wipe, but no reason for the characters.
(°╭ ◡ ╮°)

Lent23

* Lent23 shrugs
I have upwards of 100k rubles, 15+ rifles in my inventory + safebox, a SKAT, and an entire group of people in Sunrises.
Just on one character.
Even I want a wipe.
Stalker RP is rather stale, and I want to experience the entire thing again.
Also, no character wipe please, though.
I'd rather not be a rookie again, rather get the gear again.
"Mommy, when is Daddy coming home?"
"Here, Alex.. Daddy sent us a package.. The soldier told us that it.. might be a while until Daddy's done with his service. Don't worry, you'll see him soon, Alex.."
"He's always gone! I never get to see him!"

Tom

I think what he meant as far as characters wipe is that we wipe the data. Not the actuall character or backstorys of said characters.
Oh boy.
Strap yourselves in, it's time for the great 'obligatory' SRP resurrection of 2013/14/15/16/22

Lent23

I know that the simplest wipe would be to literally wipe the SQL and make everybody create characters all over. I know that this won't affect the character, but still, It would seem kind of awkward to log on one day and say "Hey.. my name is Adam Chronovich. I'm a rookie."
"Mommy, when is Daddy coming home?"
"Here, Alex.. Daddy sent us a package.. The soldier told us that it.. might be a while until Daddy's done with his service. Don't worry, you'll see him soon, Alex.."
"He's always gone! I never get to see him!"

Predu

I agree on gear wipe, but character wipe is not needed.

Paralyzed

I'm not going to vote simply as myself along with some others, aren't that rich.. nor do we have the best equipment that others might have. Whatever is best to gain back SRP population, I'd say.

Wouldn't mind having a gear wipe though...
SRP Characters:
Artyom Fedoseev 'Ex S-Sgt, Duty' - Alive
Dimitri Petrenkov 'Co-Leader, The Rangers' - Alive
Vladislav Ivanov 'Trader' - KIA

Iam333

I would like gear only wipe aswell, and since its only to fix economy I dont think it would be necessary to wipe characters.
EDIT:
Maybe some big event day or two before wipe to let us enjoy last moments with our gear? :>

Knife_cz

Well fine. Looks like there will be a wipe so I guess ill reveal some of my items lol.
290k/ILostHalfOfIt/, recon merc suit, 2x merc suit, urban merc suit, brown trenchcoat, blue sunrise.
Three goldfishes. (On my 'Knife' character only)
So yeah, the economy is somewhat screwed.

HOWEVER

I do agree to wipe all the items/money/suits
But not my character :C

jaik

Quote from: knife_cz on 22-03-2012
Well fine. Looks like there will be a wipe so I guess ill reveal some of my items lol.
290k/ILostHalfOfIt/, recon merc suit, 2x merc suit, urban merc suit, brown trenchcoat, blue sunrise.
Three goldfishes. (On my 'Knife' character only)

we don't care.

and obviously voted for yes.
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

INA7HAN

Imo this sucks, it took for absolute forever for me to get from a rookie to having a modded sunrise and some good weapons. I build on my character making friends etc doing jobs and helping people. I must have played SRP for about 6 months or more now and i only have modded sunrise some guns and about 15K, that's not alot for 6 months. I'm not a bad rper and rp to a good standard with the gear i have. I don't think im a pro meat headed super soldier, i don't take lots of un needed risk and fear rp against things like blood suckers. And i'm not a item whore before someone starts saying i am, I just put lots of effort into my character and would hate to watch my whole time on SRP wiped. When FRP was wiped i was bothered then due to having a pretty good character in the outcasts which i had worked on, but i had only played FRP for a few months not as long as i've played on SRP. SRP was the first thing i played when i joined HGN 9+ months ago or so, there should be some more thought put into finding why the economy is as it is said to be than just voting on a wipe.
Not that anyone cares for my opinion or what i say.

SRP: Nicolai 'Thunder' Lagunov - Loner - Alive

Silver Knight

Quote from: Lent23 on 22-03-2012
I know that the simplest wipe would be to literally wipe the SQL and make everybody create characters all over. I know that this won't affect the character, but still, It would seem kind of awkward to log on one day and say "Hey.. my name is Adam Chronovich. I'm a rookie."

This is what is going to happen, you can remake your characters after, but don't expect free gear. Auth rosters for exo's and such will be wiped too. It's a clean slate gear-wise.

ThY

Gear + Money wipe, please! Character? No thanks. Characters are why most people stay here, their peoples pride and joy. Anyhow i'll vote yes

Tom

It's like me and LE are speaking Spanish. Your gear/money/stats will be lost (because the SQL) will be cleared) you can remake your characters and continue their respective stories. Ie: not a CHARACTER wipe.
Oh boy.

ThY

Quote from: Tom on 22-03-2012
It's like me and LE are speaking Spanish. Your gear/money/stats will be lost (because the SQL) will be cleared) you can remake your characters and continue their respective stories. Ie: not a CHARACTER wipe.
Hmm okay, sorry I just skipped the replies.

Khorn

Think of the wipe as if the zone got drunk one night and everyone woke up the next day in the buff.

And I still don't know how people get so much damn cash on the server anyways. I never made it over 20k.

irondeity

As for the economy. Between Equipment Sales and nearly next to no reprocussions at death, the economy slipped out of control. If you recall, I had implemented a temporary mandatory increase of the base prices a trader had to sell any and all items for, which had slowly leveled the economy back out. However, within a month span of me reversing this change the economy was back in a cest pit. So this issue has very heavily been studied and approached by the admin team, behind the scenes. This is the best course of action for the server currently.
Unaffiliated: Mikhal 'Sabre' Tokerov -:- Alive
Ex-Military/Spetsnaz: Andrei 'War' Mirkov -:- Alive
Military Observer: Victor Tokerov -:- Alive
Unaffiliated: 'Siege' -:- Deceased
Leoyid 'Rat Tail' Olinsky -:- Alive
The Tar Man -:- No Data

KingArthur

Its because the rich get richer, and if you dont know the right people you dont get shit.

Paintcheck

Gear wipe. The barrier to entry right now for a new player is too high because all the old players butt fuck them with the Skats and Exos and 500k rubles. If the old players/factions actually fought each other this problem would probably solve itself but it seems people are incapable of getting into fair fights and only gang up to stomp on bandit groups/newbies. A wipe might help.

Keep paychecks for STALKERs and remove them for factions to prevent Freedom from getting 50000000000000 rubles again.

INA7HAN

Quote from: Paintcheck on 22-03-2012
Gear wipe. The barrier to entry right now for a new player is too high because all the old players butt fuck them with the Skats and Exos and 500k rubles. If the old players/factions actually fought each other this problem would probably solve itself but it seems people are incapable of getting into fair fights and only gang up to stomp on bandit groups/newbies. A wipe might help.

Keep paychecks for STALKERs and remove them for factions to prevent Freedom from getting 50000000000000 rubles again.
So how does freedom pay STALKERs for doing jobs?

SRP: Nicolai 'Thunder' Lagunov - Loner - Alive

StickyWicket

As long as people still treat the wipe as a fresh start (IE your character's backstory before getting onto the server) and not just, "Hey, for some reason all our gear is gone. Lol, we should do EXACTLY WHAT WE DID BEFORE THE WIPE." Because, that ruins the creativity and originality of starting a new!