Rule Update About Characters

Started by Paintcheck, 11-06-2010

Paintcheck

Due to the increase in a bunch of weird characters (fuck ton of "ex monolith" and the like) the admin team has decided to require authorizations for those. If you wish to have a character that is in some way "special" (interpret as you will, examples include half-mutant chars and the like, no god characters who are uber good at all combat and can open cans with their minds please) please talk to an admin about it.

Also be aware that having an admin auth does not guarantee you the ability to play as that character. Welshy and I have the final say over what is acceptable and what isn't and reserve the right to tell you your character is no good, especially if we get flooded with requests for half mutants and things like that.

Goose

Question: Goose Chesnikov Actually is ex monolithian, Ex monolith Co leader, Do i need auth for that even though it was like three - four months worth of RP =/
~"Victory isn't sweet, Victory is the absence of the taste of fear and stench of death"

Rebel6609

What i don't get is how can you even be "Ex-Monolith". Sure in CoP, certain events took place, but that was because of something in Shadows of Chernobyl.

When you get set up on that screen, and mono..tized or whatever... your brain is fucked over by radiation exposure and hypnotism. In my opinion, there shouldn't even be any ex-mono, and if there is, very limited amount.

Ofcourse, this is all just my opinion.

<22:23:04> "Puffles": gofuckyourselfaggot
<22:25:12> You were banned for 5 hours from the server by "Cole" (For trolling)
Never in my life have I ever had to endure 9 yearolds calling me a banana picker, and then get banned afterwards for doing nothing wrong.
Promising Young admins.

lolKieck

No Spetsnaz motherfuckers who can fart and you die, which can kill you through a phone and other things which you can add here characters maybe ?
This is just an excuse to powergame, but experienced STALKER is better than a rookie bandit.
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

Rebel6609

What you just said made absolutely no sense to me... I re-read it like 5 times and im still confused. Oh well.

Never in my life have I ever had to endure 9 yearolds calling me a banana picker, and then get banned afterwards for doing nothing wrong.
Promising Young admins.

lolKieck

Quote from: Rebel6609 on 13-06-2010
What you just said made absolutely no sense to me... I re-read it like 5 times and im still confused. Oh well.

Aka no excuses for powergame like "I am Spetsnaz, you are shittier in combat than me" my friend.

Locke

How exactly do you become "Ex-Monolith" is what I would like to know. Did you break the mind control on you?

Welek

Quote from: ㅎㅎLocke on 14-06-2010
How exactly do you become "Ex-Monolith" is what I would like to know. Did you break the mind control on you?

It's basically impossible.

lolKieck

Quote from: Welek on 14-06-2010

Especially after being freshly-brainwashed, which means it's the hardest one to break, maybe even impossible.

Rebel6609

Thats exactly what i've been saying! How the hell do you break free of them? It's stupid and nearly impossible, if possible at all.

Promising Young admins.

Hotstarr

Quote from: lolKieck on 14-06-2010
Quote from: Welek on 14-06-2010

Especially after being freshly-brainwashed, which means it's the hardest one to break, maybe even impossible.

The playerbase nowadays just wants to rp as Wizard Rambo in Space Marine armor, but with Matrix powers.

The number of people who roleplay as Mary-Sues and Mr.Badass is just absurd.

deluxulous

SPEHSS MAREENS

No. Fuck you. Get out, Kurt Russel wanna-be's.

Mrtasker

To all the people that think being un-brainwashed is "uncanon".

To me, the word canon just means to get in the way of roleplay. A lot of the roleplays on the server could be counted as uncanon, and if they were disallowed then rp quality would drop dramaticly.

Seth Gecko - Freedomer

Hotstarr

Quote from: Mrtasker on 14-06-2010

To me, the word canon just means to get in the way of roleplay. A lot of the roleplays on the server could be counted as uncanon, and if they were disallowed then rp quality would drop dramaticly.

I don't think it's not canon, I just think it's absolutely stupid. In my opinion, people use "lol, I'm an ex-Monolith" as an excuse to look badass.

Mrtasker

Quote from: Hotstarr on 14-06-2010

I don't think it's not canon, I just think it's absolutely stupid. In my opinion, people use "lol, I'm an ex-Monolith" as an excuse to look badass.

I agree people that just asspull it just to look cool, are idiots. But people who have valid roleplay to back it up should be allowed to do it, because most of the time the roleplay is simply amazing.

Seth Gecko - Freedomer

Hotstarr

Quote from: Hotstarr on 14-06-2010

I agree people that just asspull it just to look cool, are idiots. But people who have valid roleplay to back it up should be allowed to do it, because most of the time the roleplay is simply amazing.

In that case, we should have aggresively high standards of the people who seriously do want to roleplay as "Ex-Monos".

Paintcheck

Stop arguing in this please. The point of this is so people know that they should be PMing me or Welshy to auth (or not auth) characters like "ex monos" not so you all can complain about them for days.

And I think as long as Bielecki is fine with people getting unbrainwashed then it can happen. I think no one should have that as part of their back story to begin with but there are ways to do it. It isn't easy but it is possible.

coolman

I suggest that everyone make up a story before creating characters. As for myself, I just use the popular "Snuck into the zone via tunnels" idea. However maybe I should be more creative :P
Vladimyr Vlaskov Alive

Rook

Quote from: Rebel6609 on 12-06-2010
What i don't get is how can you even be "Ex-Monolith". Sure in CoP, certain events took place, but that was because of something in Shadows of Chernobyl.

When you get set up on that screen, and mono..tized or whatever... your brain is fucked over by radiation exposure and hypnotism. In my opinion, there shouldn't even be any ex-mono, and if there is, very limited amount.

all the brainwashing does is change your perspective of things, but your personality can come into play and notice this is not what you want, therefore leave Monolith.

Ravanger

Goose and a rare few others are only ex-monolith.

Genesis

Quote from: lolKieck on 12-06-2010
No Spetsnaz motherfuckers who can fart and you die, which can kill you through a phone and other things which you can add here characters maybe ?
This is just an excuse to powergame, but experienced STALKER is better than a rookie bandit.

What? First off, theres just about no Spetsnaz around (I just became one of the first). Second off, Spetsnaz are probably the most skilled soldiers on Earth. They could easily kill an average STALKER, who has little to no combat experience.

Pawx

Stalkers = Regular Citizens or Criminals.

There not Skilled with Combat, but learn over time in the Zone.

Ping-Pong

Quote from: Pawx on 26-06-2010

They are what they are. Over time they will learn, like all should.
SRP Characters-
Andrick Nesterov - Outsider (No Trace, assumed dead)
Typhoon - Loner (No Trace, assumed dead)
Tolga Ostrovsky - Loner (With his brother)
Marko Drubich - Ecologist Elite (Whereabouts Unknown)

Genesis

Quote from: Pawx on 26-06-2010

You are what you  eat.......wait what?

Plunger

Quote from: Dave The Zombie on 26-06-2010
Quote from: Rebel6609 on 12-06-2010

all the brainwashing does is change your perspective of things, but your personality can come into play and notice this is not what you want, therefore leave Monolith.

It's called brainwashing for a reason, it's scrubbing your brain down, and making you relearn things differently, in Monolith your emotions are forgotten from the brainwashing, your personality is therefore gone, also fix your grammar.