Research and Development Team - Mission Statement 2/24/13

Started by Mapstone, 24-02-2013

Mapstone

Mission Statement
2/24/2013

Head: Joseph Smirnov

The current mission statement is simple, in order to continue to strive and advance in the Zone, we must understand the zone.  In order to understand the zone, it is necessary to begin the application of science and experimentation to the zone.

Currently, this is our 3 phase objective.

• Application
  • Observation
  • Collection

Collection

• Natural - Plant life, & biological sampling.
  • Supernatural - Anomaly and mutant sampling.

Natural Plant life, & biological samples would be a good idea to start off with to gain a basic knowledge of biology, and then moving on to observing the effects of the zone on the familiarity of what we call "Life".

Supernatural gets into anomalys effects and the genetic makeups of mutant life. Only when we understand the basic life of the zone, can we begin to understand the supernatural. 

In addition to the collection criteria.. I must stress a EXTREME use of caution.  Not only because I don't want you walking into an anomaly and getting killed, but also because we cannot risk possible contamination of the Freedom base, nor contamination of the sample.
Observation

Living
Adaptation
Through controlled, or uncontrolled means. Observe how a living creature adapts to its environments... *Emphasis on the adaptations developed so quickly into the zone in order to sustain survivability.

Biological & Cellular Makeup
Seeing as we do not have the kind of equipment to observe a cell... We must generalize it. What new virus's exist in the zone? How do they spread? How quickly does the virus react? This may take quite a bit of trial and failure.

Unliving
Radioactivity
How much radiation is still left? Is it yet sustainable for new life? Mutated and/or non mutated?

Time degredation
How has time degraded & poluted the dirt and stone deposits on the zone.

Soil & Material makeup
What kind of applicable material deposits are left in the zone? Iron, Copper, Coal ect.

Record all tests in one way, or the other.  Also be sure to communicate with myself (Joseph) on new discoveries. Or asking for advice.

Application

"RND" stands for "Research & Developement" After conducting the Collection and Observations, Application is next... And in order to develop anything useful, we must be able to apply it to ourselves.
Application is the part which deals with more of your psychology rather than the sample.... It is you that must think of a way to apply it to be useful to us.  If you cannot think of anything, share it with other RND members... Multiple point of views on a specific idea here is much better than 1 outlook.
To be simple... And leave this really an independent study, I will list 3 categories to consider under....

Economical
-Possible profit or benefits.
Military
-Armour/Weapon advancement.
Science
-A better understanding, or tool for RND/Medical.

If you are interested, reply here. I will be starting another thread to hold the Roster information. All are eligible in Freedom.. Possibly Stalkers/Eco's as Volunteer basis. This IS a secondary job, if you are a squad member, you will still be a member of that squad.
-As of the starting of the RND group, all artifacts found are to be handed over to Joseph Smirnov for experimentation & Observation   -   2/24/2013; Order of Rosik.