Re: |Freedom| Suggestions & Complaints

Started by Turkey, 29-05-2010

Legit|Brandon

Oh so we don't even have a trader even better  ;D
For Freedom

Paintcheck

I thought Cutch was your new trader?

Goose

I had this hole long post made up that somehow deleted  so here it is.Cucth is our trader if you are interested in the position ask him if he still wants it because he has been fairly inactive with respect to him working on FORP anyway ask him about it, but I garuntee that if you horde the Money then run off like all our other traders have done you -will- be pk'd so don't fucking do it and donate regularly so we can arm freedom.
~"Victory isn't sweet, Victory is the absence of the taste of fear and stench of death"

Khorn

Maybe I can come back to Freedom and take over Trader business.

Though, I'm not sure about how active I can be.

Yorty

I've been noticing that for the most part, our equipment really, really, really sucks.
Let me lay out some examples.

Also, the Wind of Freedom's model sucks, the lower-end version that no one uses (15% protection) and actually uses the game's textures is much better. It'd be crazy awesome if they could get switched.

In the game (Let's go by SoC), there were only three Freedom ranks. Seedy, Wardog, and Ace.
Let's say Seedy is SRP's Rookies and Seedy guys. They used Wind of Freedoms, LR300s, and L85s. All good.
Now let's say Fighters are a mix of Seedy and Wardog, and Vets are Wardogs. Do you know what Wardogs used in the game? Guardian of Freedoms (Both variants), SiG550s, and G36s. Now something felt wrong when I saw Erin looking like a rookie. And G36s. We have... two of them, and the owners are Seth and Goose. Something's wrong. If you look back to the game, G36s really aren't all that rare. They make up about 20% of Freedom's weaponry, and all Aces (Wardog - Ace - Leader) used them.

Here's what I'm getting at:
Rookie - Seedy: Wind of Freedoms, possibly a Stalker version of the Guardian of Freedom for Seedy LRs and L85s.
Fighter: Both Guardian of Freedom variants, L85s, SiGs, possibly a G36.
Veteran: Both Guardian of Freedom variants, mostly Berills, SiGs, G36s.
Wardog - Ace: Berills, SKATs, Exo. G36s.

>Important<
You may hate me for going on about items so much, thinking that "this isn't a Stalker RPG, it's not about items."
Well whether you like or not, items do matter. If they didn't we'd just run around in leather jackets. It's still a big part of Roleplay, and keeping equipment to the canon is also good.

And before you call my a hypocrite for posting this when I'm the seedy with a Berill and SiG, eff you, I was a well-off stalker beforehand. And I'd be more than willing to give my Berill to a higher-up.

Now tell me your thoughts. Idea is gud or I'm a fool.

N3gativezero

I personaly think it is a good idea, the only problem is the sheer cost of weapons in SRP. The NATO weapons are probably the most expencive. We start off with the L85 at around 2500 Rubles. Then, the price doubles, and we have the LR. The price jumps up 4k and we have the SIG. Finaly, the price doubles to 18K, and we have the G36 (from what I've been told, is worth every penny). High-end suits are also quite expencive, and though I dont know what our budget is like, I kind of doubt we'll be able to arm everyone with high-end suits and weaponry. If you'll recall is SoC, money was easy to come by. By the time you leave the Cordon, it's not uncommon (at least for me) to have 10K+, aswell as about 20K more worth of artifacts by the time you reach the bar. Needless to say, 18K for a G36 was nothing by the time they where availible in-game, high-end guns seemed to be a dime-a-dozen kind of thing. In SRP money is much, much, MUCH harder to come by, even with fat $300 paychecks.
To loot, lulz and SCIENCE!

Yorty

First of all, those L85 prices are wrong. I only wish they were that cheap.

Also, we're the smallest major faction I believe, and the most inactive one as well.
Five people on the Roster are inactive/not supposed to be there. If we're small, we should at least be well equipped.

Tom

Sorry, thats what happens during the holidays, Us freedomers with family and friends that love us go inactive due to it, Ill get the others active ASAP, and as far as equipment I need cash, I can't simply asspull funds

and as for the G36 thing they are 20K a pop We can't exactly pump out 20K for ALL of our higher ranks, If we did we would have no money for suits. I'd rather have Everyone armed with at least some sort of gun and some sort of suit, rather then a ton of people floating around with g36's and no suit. Not to mention the exo we did buy costed 100Kish, the SKATS costed like 50K each so thats anouther 100K, the G36 costed 40K (Since we hace two) and Sigs cost 7.5K the L85s 7K Lr300 6K

The WoF "Duty" variant that everyone has is like 1250 for 5, the next suit up, is like 5K and then the one after that is 6K and then the Berill is like 18-19Kish

We have 2 Berills, 2Skats, an Exo, most people armed with Sig550's, LRs, or L85's and everyone eles with the 17% protection suits or better, We also have 2 G36's, I say we are somewhat well armed, I just need to hand the other Berill to someone.
Quote from: TheAndyShandy on 05-12-2013
Oh boy.
Strap yourselves in, it's time for the great 'obligatory' SRP resurrection of 2013/14/15/16/22

Yorty

Quote from: Tom on 27-12-2010
Sorry, thats what happens during the holidays, Us freedomers with family and friends that love us go inactive due to it, Ill get the others active ASAP, and as far as equipment I need cash, I can't simply asspull funds.
Har-har-har.
Again, I'll actually give my Berill to some higher up, but I'm saying that this should be more of a focus. Arming 5 members to the brim is worth more than one Exo. As for those inactive guys, I'm talking about the really inactive ones. Possibly left.

Anton/Ghost373,
That other Serhiy,
Midnight,
Red Khezu,
and good ol' nargotah.

Here's some stats of members (active, though I'm not 100% sure on Duty and Mili)
Military: 26
Duty: 16
Freedom: 11

and as for the G36 thing they are 20K a pop We can't exactly pump out 20K for ALL of our higher ranks.
Depends... We're also the only Faction that doesn't paycheck whore to a certain extent.

N3gativezero

So heres the root of our problem:

1. People are innactive as fuck.

2. Not enugh money.

A possible for solution for #1 could be creating more events, that way people would go more often, so they could participate in fun events. This would also partialy solve problem #2. If people are on, they generate paychecks, paychecks means more money, more money means better gear, thus, the whole thing is solved.

Tom

Well Military apps are now closed so now we won't have every single new player going "Holy shit Mili is powerful  and awesome and has GUNZ!"

We may recieve more people, and as for the event thing want to offer suggestions as to what kind of freedom events?
Oh boy.
Strap yourselves in, it's time for the great 'obligatory' SRP resurrection of 2013/14/15/16/22

N3gativezero

One example could be a squad gone on patrol hasn't come back. after looking around for a while, the participants will come across a few Freedom corpses AKA ragdolls, after giving them a few seconds to look around, the participants get ambushed by a bloodsucker, or several, depending on the number of participants.

They dont even neccecarily have to be big organised events, even something as little as a couple Monolith snipers on the roofs could help get people on, and keep them on, as theres nothing more boring than going on to play a game, knowing that you're going to be guarding a gate for an hour or so before you finaly leave out of boredom.
Things like STK fights (If they're well organised) also keep people on, because they're fun for both sides. I recall the fight with the military, which started out as a 2 VS 2, but before long, became an 8 VS 8 as the word spread thrugh SF. People enjoy shooting the shit out of other people, and it certainly got both factions active for the rest of the day. Also, I recall Military and Duty doing STK fights among themselfs with "rubber bullets". Other factions don't neccesarily have to be active for an STK event to happen.
In short, I think events occuring more often, and more STK fights could help keep people active.

Turkey

Well Military apps are now closed so now we won't have every single new player going "Holy shit Mili is powerful  and awesome and has GUNZ!"

We may recieve more people, and as for the event thing want to offer suggestions as to what kind of freedom events?

DiskoStew

Yorty

Quote from: N3gativezero on 27-12-2010

2. Not enugh money.

A possible for solution for #1 could be creating more events, that way people would go more often, so they could participate in fun events. This would also partialy solve problem #2. If people are on, they generate paychecks, paychecks means more money, more money means better gear, thus, the whole thing is solved.
You know if we had an active faction trader there'd be income from selling stuff to Stalkers.

Paintcheck

Quote from: Yorty on 28-12-2010
Quote from: N3gativezero on 27-12-2010

2. Not enugh money.

You know if we had an active faction trader there'd be income from selling stuff to Stalkers.

Faction traders don't sell stuff to STALKERs, at least they aren't supposed to. If other factions have been doing that they need to stop.

Knife_cz

SoC says something else about faction traders.

N3gativezero

I don't see any real harm in faction traders selling to Loners. About the worst they could do is sell them a faction suit, which they arent allowed to do anyways.

Paintcheck

The prices are different for faction traders than for normal traders in order to allow factions to sell stuff to their own members for cheaper than doing so from a normal trader. That is why they aren't supposed to sell to loners because they would have an unfair advantage in prices (Ie Freedom trader can sell LRs for a lot less than a normal trader could).

At least that is how it worked on the old system, I am not entirely sure what the faction traders price lists look like but if the values someone said above for the LR and L85 are true then those are indeed much lower than what a normal trader can offer.

Mrtasker

An L85 costs (Censored) in the faction trader menu, and an LR costs (Censored). So I think faction traders, and normal traders have the same prices.

Seth Gecko - Freedomer

Paintcheck

EDIT: I was wrong.

Tom

Oh boy.

Paintcheck

EDIT: Either it did in fact change or I was thinking of a different gun. Never mind.

Yorty

I have come to the conclusion that Freedom isn't dead. We have members, people come on, shit happens, etc.

But the leaders are.

Chrono

its been a time since i saw the leaders on the server.