Re: |Freedom| Suggestions & Complaints

Started by Turkey, 29-05-2010

Dug

People say Freedom is inactive but it isn't anymore. They are all mostly americans and I'm pretty sure it's europeans saying they are inactive because they don't see them on during their playtime.

However I went further from that stereotype and thought ahead of my faction, hence why I gave suggestions and my trader sticks around Freedom base, I already made an event in which I payed them, probably will make more to help them out. Not to mention the ceasefire I made.

Here's a suggestion to Freedom officers/leaders/soldiers.
When fighting in STK, do not expose your self so much otherwise you are dead meat.
Try not to fight where you will obviously lose. Example: A corner behind which already one of your mates died and that area is heavily fortified.
It's obvious you can't get trough that and need other ways of doing things.
Listening to someone with tactical knowledge of some sort is always good.
Working as a team to destroy your enemy utterly will help you all out a great deal.
If you want, we can have Duty vs Freedom practice fights. STK GR, and certainly no "LOL U GUYZ SUCK".

EDIT: Also when defending it's best to find chokepoints in your own base, where you can lure the enemy and kill them all without losing anything. Pure example are tunnels. Small corridors, dead ends which enemy is not aware off. Sure you might lose one man but it will end up with your victory. It is better to wait for the enemy to come to your ambush, rather than going rambo.

EDIT 2: Getting on top of something just makes you a target, pure example is your building. If someone is up there during an STK fight, first of all he is pinned, second of all he will probably be the first guy to get killed.

lolKieck

Quote from: DugEDIT 2: Getting on top of something just makes you a target, pure example is your building. If someone is up there during an STK fight, first of all he is pinned, second of all he will probably be the first guy to get killed.
Yep, the only thing that the building gives is the possibility of spotting the enemy before they'll attack you. So you should always run down from the building when fighting starts.
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

Dug

eroticduck

I love Freedom! Everyone is so morose in this thread. I will be nice and say that it is awesome.

Nargotah

Suggestion: Spend five minutes a day meditating or something, and when you get good enough at that, do that when something is going on instead of throwing water towers at eachother. Our member problem isn't going to be fixed if they keep seeing us doing stupid shit.

N3gativezero

Members are no longer a real problem. We consitantly had 5-6+ people on the server the whole day, even doubling Duty's population at one point on the server. I'm also trying to enforce dicipline a little more, although its hard to find the medium between drill-sergent-wanna-be, and being too lax.
To loot, lulz and SCIENCE!

eroticduck

Quote from: N3gativezero on 05-02-2011
Members are no longer a real problem. We consitantly had 5-6+ people on the server the whole day, even doubling Duty's population at one point on the server. I'm also trying to enforce dicipline a little more, although its hard to find the medium between drill-sergent-wanna-be, and being too lax.

I think that it is simple group mentality. One person starts having less chromosomes, and then soon, almost everyone does. It turns into OOC arguments, and I am forced to stare at a wall while I wait out the storm.

MrSmiley

I have to agree, the discipline of Freedom is pretty sub-par. IC and OOC.

"It's so much easier to see the world in black and white.... Gray? I don't know what to do with gray...."

Yorty

Quote from: MrSmiley on 06-02-2011
Like what just happened with Vasilli/Spartans in the abandoned outpost, cough.

eroticduck

Quote from: Yorty on 06-02-2011

It takes a small man to look at others before looking at yourself. Before blaming other people, first ask yourself if you are at fault.

Yorty

Quote from: eroticduck on 06-02-2011
Quote from: Yorty on 06-02-2011

It takes a small man to look at others before looking at yourself. Before blaming other people, first ask yourself if you are at fault.
Easily done, I wasn't at fault. (This time, hoh.)

gnomebutts

One thing I've noticed is that people would rather run and gun than roleplay. In every engagement I've been in with Freedom, there are people running around everywhere trying to shoot the baddies like it's an FPS. Then when they get shot, they bitch and moan in OOC before half-assing some injury RP that only lasts about five minutes.

If we were to cut down on running and gunning and actually use roleplay and tactics, we wouldn't seem so much like an incompetent brigade of minges. I realize this faction isn't a military faction, but certain elements of military life would have to be borrowed and emulated in order for Freedom to stand a chance against its foes. I think a stronger sense of leadership, more communication via radio, less running and gunning and maybe a simplified form of military bearing would bring some good to Freedom.

Tom

Indeed. Freedom needs to act like a guerrilla army unit that is sort of laxed.
Quote from: TheAndyShandy on 05-12-2013
Oh boy.
Strap yourselves in, it's time for the great 'obligatory' SRP resurrection of 2013/14/15/16/22

Yorty

Our member level has increased dramatically, may I suggest that we either re-instate squads or that a new system be worked on?

Killabreu

Quote from: Tom on 06-02-2011
Indeed. Freedom needs to act like a guerrilla army unit that is sort of laxed.

Key word is "sort". That means disciplined, and not dumbfaces who are dumb and have faces.

SRP Characters:
Callsign "Faust" - Loner.
Callsign "Eastwood" - American trader.
Roger McMillan - Ex-RIRA. Ex-DUTY. Mercenary.

irondeity

I can transform you into a Military unit. But we dont want that. However, as stated above, we can take some 'tools' of a military and put them into a "relaxed" use in Freedom. (Reiteration of Tom/Gnome/and Yorty) The squad idea was always something that gave Freedom a good organization in my eyes when I was with Mili, and the new Alpha and Bravo teams in the Military roster are sort of a bastard child offshoot, not entirely what I had planned on, but what seems to be working for them at the time being. The major issue is the LOOC. A lot of Freedom listens when theyre told to put a lid on the OOC, others dont. A lot know when to not even use LOOC in general, others do not. This needs to be addressed a bit more I think. If your asked to can it, then can it and dont continue or shoot a comment back after the fact. Its disrespectful. Dosnt mean you need to be a statue, theres In-Character, we arnt the Military, we have free speech, so if you want to bullshit, then put it In Character so you can make some conversation.
Unaffiliated: Mikhal 'Sabre' Tokerov -:- Alive
Ex-Military/Spetsnaz: Andrei 'War' Mirkov -:- Alive
Military Observer: Victor Tokerov -:- Alive
Unaffiliated: 'Siege' -:- Deceased
Leoyid 'Rat Tail' Olinsky -:- Alive
The Tar Man -:- No Data

SGT-Spartans

I actually had to go, I jumped off in a ragdoll because thats what I felt like doing..

Real life before RP, learn it, don't rag on others just cause you think a game is more important. I must admit though, I was overdoing the LOOC.
SRP chars:
Vasilli 'Vasoline' Nikolaev - Freedom - Alive
Aleksey Ipanov - Spooky Trenchcoat Man - Alive
'Pale' - Bloodsucker - Alive

Nargotah

Quote from: SGT-Spartans on 16-02-2011
I actually had to go, I jumped off in a ragdoll because thats what I felt like doing..

Real life before RP, learn it, don't rag on others just cause you think a game is more important. I must admit though, I was overdoing the LOOC.

If you have to go, then go. Don't minge it up. Nobody cares if you felt like doing it, and nobody here thinks that the game is more important. We're here to have fun, we just don't like it when retards start fucking around when we're trying to have a good time.

Smithy

If anything i could put to suggest, It would be to have a Roster of what times a Player MUST be on...... Of course this would have to fit to the persons Real life activities.
This way you will have ATLEAST one person on, ANd you won't be AS inactive.
Another things, Initiate squads....Send out small patrols, NOT too far.
Make it exciting so that others actually want to roleplay.
Recruit more people if you are lacking...? Thats all i can say for now.
Please post constructive responses towards this Post, As this is my suggestion/Oppinion.
'Dweller'
KIA, Body not found. PDA Discovered.
-------------------------------------------------------
Kergert - Initiate Kergert Active.
Location unknown.
The Jester
Active/Alive - Location zone sector
Urban Mercnary Suit|Groza|Vogs attached

Nargotah

Quote from: Smithy on 16-02-2011
If anything i could put to suggest, It would be to have a Roster of what times a Player MUST be on...... Of course this would have to fit to the persons Real life activities.
This way you will have ATLEAST one person on, ANd you won't be AS inactive.
Another things, Initiate squads....Send out small patrols, NOT too far.
Make it exciting so that others actually want to roleplay.
Recruit more people if you are lacking...? Thats all i can say for now.
Please post constructive responses towards this Post, As this is my suggestion/Oppinion.

We have like nine people on right now. The thing is, Freedom and DUTY have different time zones where we're active, so that kinda sucks.

Smithy

Ah, Understandable now.
Well for now. Recruit people within Duty's timezone also? And they should do the same.
'Dweller'
KIA, Body not found. PDA Discovered.
Kergert - Initiate Kergert Active.
Location unknown.
The Jester
Active/Alive - Location zone sector
Urban Mercnary Suit|Groza|Vogs attached

Dug

There's 10 of them on right now. Don't think they need any more. But that's up to them.

Yorty

Quote from: Dug on 16-02-2011
There's 10 of them on right now. Don't think they need any more. But that's up to them.
It isn't common, and that was pretty much our whole faction.
Also, I'd like to push the re-instatement of squads some more, if anyone has ideas, talk to me if you will.
And about 3 of the pinned threads are still in "Work in Progress" stage. It's been what, a year now?

Mrtasker

Oh yeah, those are the things blake tried to fail force in. I'll remove them.

Seth Gecko - Freedomer

Yorty

After talking to Tasker a bit, I have a different idea for squads.
Every single "organized" squad system fails, or hurts more than helps. You shouldn't force people to work together, or make them act in a certain fashion. Squads should be completely optional, and only created when they have a purpose and a competent set of people willing and able to work together in it, along with a leader.
Certain tactics and protocols shouldn't be pushed on squads, people should form them because they can work together well, and want to. There should be a sense of mutual understanding and trust in a them.
Now that's a squad.