8 (26.7%)
No.
16 (53.3%)
I'm here by mistake.
3 (10%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Voting closed: 22-12-2011

Dark Angel

Yeah so i decided to announce it finally.

Now on Friday/Thursday depends on which is more suitable for you people, i'm going to host an event introducing PSY Generators.

It's faction based mostly but loners are free to take part.

Basically each Faction will have a chance to get a PSY Generator (Biggest IC Reward) that will be working for 1-2 weeks from the moment of receiving it. But faction that will (may be) have it has to always maintain it.

What is PSY-Generator?
Psy-Generator is an experimental device brought into zone for testing by military and scientists. It's capable of generating high frequency psy-waves that helps burning brain cells of the ones around it.

Pro's for receiving one:
1. Easier to defend your area.
2. Easier to capture the area.
3. Can be used to advance Faction's engineering.

Con's:
1. Unstable (Might explode, burn or cause minor PSY Emission.)
2. Only one fuel tank will exist. (Fuel tank works for 20 mins after which it melts up)
3. Faction will have to get all 4 PSY-Generators to put together one working (Will boost faction/stalker-group based economy)
4. Might zombifie own troops.
5. Might fail if receives too much damage or over-heats.

I want Faction leaders to either post here with list of 3-4 (5) members that will take part in the event unless some factions won't take part in it. (I want every group and faction to have a chance)

Also this event will have no gear return and rushing will end up in dying.
Event is planned to be STM to make it more fun and last longer.
Also thinking of rising player HP level during the event to make it more interesting so an accidental head-shot during STM won't kill you and you will be able to injury RP which is highly appreciated.

Post your comments, ideas, suggestions if you see that something is missing.

Also head that Freedom has high amount of snipers at which i've decided that sniping isn't the best solution for the event because Military and Scientists will have to defend the convoy with PSY-Gens and in-case they are loosing will have to attempt self-destruction activation.

-D.A

CANCELLED
by vote

nKe

no gr is scaring newbies away. I suggest that rookies wont take part in possible stk noGR if they dont want to.
anyways its nice to see events happening on srp

Dark Angel

Well i'm an understanding person i can suggest that... no gear return for factions but GR for rookies? But every rookie has to sign up their items and proof...

As i said suggestions, suggestions, suggestions this event is for you people and i'm only going to make it happen.

Madcombat

No GR for rookies?  Hold on hold on.  There taking the risk like everyone else, if they die like anyone else they should loose gear. 

Frostee

HOW ABOUT GR FOR EVERYONE, BESIDES THE ONES WHO LOLKILL AND ARE MINGES.

Dark Angel

I've heard that gear is really unbalanced in-game which for example caused some minor arguments when discussing the event. Some people pointed out Freedom that is full of Snipers while for ex. duty has only AH-94's

Otto

Quote from: Dark Angel on 18-12-2011
Some people pointed out Freedom that is full of Snipers while for ex. duty has only AH-94's

haha, who told you that?

Maxi96203

So basically "you get dis shit, but dis shit is dangerous, so why would you want dis shit? You don't want dis shit bro. So guess wat bro? just use man power"

It's pointless, it doesn't create RP, it isn't interesting.

Why do it?

It's just another generic "shooty shooty killy killy" event. I love those, but no, I don't want this.

EDIT: Only the Monolith would benefit from this, nothing else.
ASSHOLE DESCRIPTION FOR PREMIUM™ HGN™ SUBSCRIBERS™ ONLY

Tom

How would you use the Psy Generator without zombifying your own troops?

It seems as though the risks outweigh the possible benefits of having said generator.
Quote from: TheAndyShandy on 05-12-2013
Oh boy.
Strap yourselves in, it's time for the great 'obligatory' SRP resurrection of 2013/14/15/16/22

nKe

Quote from: Tom on 18-12-2011
How would you use the Psy Generator without zombifying your own troops?

It seems as though the risks outweigh the possible benefits of having said generator.

but in otherhand, its powerful as fuck.

jaik

If a psy generator can zombify enemy troops then it will most certainly work a lot better on the ones that are inside the base, or opposite if the faction that has the generator is making an offensive. Now, how would you even make the generator work? "/charsetmodel kontroler.mdl" and abuse the shit out of that? doesn't seem like there are any other solutions to this, except that the only option is also the worst.
Neutral loners get nothing out of this, especially if your character dislikes freedom, which is the only faction that is able to take part in this event. Have you even looked at the rosters? Guess not.
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

Frostee

Also, wouldn't a 'reward' this big have to be authed by something other than a SA?

jaik

Quote from: FrostyFrosty on 18-12-2011
Also, wouldn't a 'reward' this big have to be authed by something other than a SA?

D.A is an exception (aka protectorate), because They will completely change the way we play SRP and fix all of our current issues.

nKe

Why wont you just stay banned?

Knife_cz

Quote from: Nik3 on 19-12-2011
Why wont you just stay banned?
He is stating the facts.Even I dont understand how a PSY-generator wouldnt make people inside the "pole" zombies, or brainless people or however you want to call them.

Plunger

Also this event will have no gear return and rushing will end up in dying.
Event is planned to be STM to make it more fun and last longer.
Also thinking of rising player HP level during the event to make it more interesting so an accidental head-shot during STM won't kill you and you will be able to injury RP which is highly appreciated.

For god sakes no, if you tell people that it's STM but if you 'accidentally' get shot in the head you have to injury RP everyone is going to be 'accidentally' shooting each other.

Dark Angel

My part is to offer you opportunity. Aprox date is set. if you don't like it i don't care but at least there will be no whining about that admins don't do anything.

Besides you should use your brain and think that remote control is also possible to create. Damn a freaking 1st year uni. student in engineering knows how to put together a remote control.

About what Plunger said, i can easily explain why, simply because IRL it's freaking hard as hell to hit someone in the head mostly in pressured situation and moving target. Only in games everyone aims for HS in reality the bigger is target the easier it is to hit it.

Edit: About the risk part being higher than benefits, PSY Generator is sort a like a nuke, someone has it but might never use it. Additional possibility to rise Faction's protection rating.

Reorp

As i said suggestions, suggestions, suggestions this event is for you people and i'm only going to make it happen.

What if we Don't want it to happen?

Dark Angel

Quote from: Reorp on 19-12-2011

Then event is cancelled if majority is against and so will happen with every planned event. But in the end don't run crying that no events and none cares about SRP player-base.

Is it clear enough?

Reorp

Quote from: Dark Angel on 19-12-2011
Quote from: Reorp on 19-12-2011

Then event is cancelled if majority is against and so will happen with every planned event. But in the end don't run crying that no events and none cares about SRP player-base.

Is it clear enough?
I don't much care for 'events' most of the time, I MYSELF, would only participate in these events if they involved me directly anymore (Such as faction wise, but my faction is in a different sector of the zone). RolePlay is RolePlay and STK noGR doesn't sound like it. I am stating that I would not 'cry' or 'complain' about no events or no one caring for the playerbase because the admins and supervisors that we currently have DO their best in my opinion to keep us entertained and happy.

Gonztah

Edit: About the risk part being higher than benefits, PSY Generator is sort a like a nuke, someone has it but might never use it. Additional possibility to rise Faction's protection rating.

How could it protect a faction? If you activate it wouldnt it affect your own men as well? Like a nuke. Freedom could have one in their base but it sure as hell wouldnt help them defend it. More like a "Fuck all of you" option IMO.

jaik

i don't care

Another A++ post from 19Yearsoldlesbian.

You're clearly doing this just to get rid of the responsibility, as you said you don't care how bad is the event, or how poorly is it planned, it's because you simply want to do it and 'be done with it' so that you could use your edgy and witty response; 'i don't care, i did it, you can't complain about it'.
Remote control? The fuck? Are you trying to say that you're going to control the range or the radius of the psy-waves? what is this I don't even. No matter on what side is the faction that has the generator, offensive or defending, it will still suffer the most damage from the waves unless of course you will somehow manage to hide the generator under the enemy's nose, for which I wish you luck because nobody will ever agree to that.

Plunger

You're not following Dark Angel, I'm saying if getting shot in the head by accident during the RP means you have to injury RP everyone is going to be accidentally shooting each other in the head so that the team is eliminated, everyone is going to STK.

Dark Angel

STK/STM up to you people i'll just observe anyway. What i mean is that, you can STM by easily moving your mouse right and left, theoretically it's STM but practically it's a well hidden STK. Because well for ex. AK 30 rounds STM RANGE will be for ex 2cm on screen. By the end of the clip target is dead.... because this 2cm gap can be easily sprayed at the target and call it STM... PS: For sure if this event happens there will be exo's... or doubt someone will go with opened head into it. Unfortunately RadScript doesn't have built in head-protection that wears off, there is over-all armor. What it means that, i can OOC shoot you well 5 times in the leg and then makarov you in the head, even thought IC your helmet is fully intact and Makarov is a freaking toy gun.

"Doing more harm than good", "How are we going to do it.", "How do you want to do this!?"
^It's up to the faction who will get it to decide what the fuck they do with it. Once in your miserable life use your brain and think.

I give opportunity to get the device, what you do after you get it, it isn't my problem anymore. You can hump it, break it, sell it, stuff it up your rectum. It's not my problem how the faction will use it or take care of it. I never said faction can't modify it or add something...

Guys i'm getting sad you want everything to be written for you. Ever heard of "Freedom of Choice and Actions"? For the ones that don't know what it is, it's when none is dragging you by the leash and you are free to do what you think is correct or useful. (But ofc that's IC i don't want to see idiots running around server and abusing w/e bugs there exist)

Plunger

STK/STM up to you people i'll just observe anyway. What i mean is that, you can STM by easily moving your mouse right and left, theoretically it's STM but practically it's a well hidden STK. Because well for ex. AK 30 rounds STM RANGE will be for ex 2cm on screen. By the end of the clip target is dead.... because this 2cm gap can be easily sprayed at the target and call it STM... PS: For sure if this event happens there will be exo's... or doubt someone will go with opened head into it. Unfortunately RadScript doesn't have built in head-protection that wears off, there is over-all armor. What it means that, i can OOC shoot you well 5 times in the leg and then makarov you in the head, even thought IC your helmet is fully intact and Makarov is a freaking toy gun.

"Doing more harm than good", "How are we going to do it.", "How do you want to do this!?"
^It's up to the faction who will get it to decide what the fuck they do with it. Once in your miserable life use your brain and think.

I give opportunity to get the device, what you do after you get it, it isn't my problem anymore. You can hump it, break it, sell it, stuff it up your rectum. It's not my problem how the faction will use it or take care of it. I never said faction can't modify it or add something...

Guys i'm getting sad you want everything to be written for you. Ever heard of "Freedom of Choice and Actions"? For the ones that don't know what it is, it's when none is dragging you by the leash and you are free to do what you think is correct or useful. (But ofc that's IC i don't want to see idiots running around server and abusing w/e bugs there exist)
I don't follow that fighting system in the slightest, either it needs to be STK outright, or STM outright, it can't be a mixture of the two.