Player appearance customiser like system for S.T.A.L.K.E.R Roleplay

Started by Dark Scar, 25-06-2012

Dark Scar

Hello fellow HGN members and staffer's alike, I would like to take a moment of your time today to present and idea which could be very a very good feature/script for S.T.A.L.K.E.R Roleplay;

This tool being PAC, or PAC 2 which is a tool allowing the player to customise himself for instance, giving himself a backpack, ammo pouches and so on. It would be a nice addition to STALKER because of all the things you will be able to accomplish with it such as if you brought a backpack for Sunrise or psz9d, you'll be able to add said item to your character which in my opinion is a lot better than writing out a giant description including backpacks, gas mask and so on which would add a lot more freedom for the players to express themselfs and make STALKER ROLEPLAY have more variety in the way people look.

Now most people who have been in HGN some time know that we did have said PAC tool once before and that it got abused, but with the new script (Radiationscript 3.3) it could be a possibility again if said tool were to be a flag like your tooltrust and phystrust but with a seperate application form you have to fill out.

Simply put PAC will be made application only and will NOT be included when you apply for TT/Phys trust, server side it will be a flag or whitelist so people who have no applied will not be able to use it, in the event it is abused on the server by an applicant their flags will be removed and they will be punished based on the severity of the abuse, such as giving yourself super armour or just plainly inappropriate things would most likely get them blacklisted from ever using the tool again and a strike.

The current administation team is more than capable at regulating the use of said tool and keeping people from abusing it as before with new systems of regulation and the ammount of staff avalible to keep an eye out.

If you would like to support this idea please give a green + Support in the comment's below.
If you don't like the idea please give a -Support in the comments below and a reason why if possible.

Thanks, Dark Scar.

Edit: Added some pictures for you to see, there is also a height changing feature.

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/595848151493144415/716C45D981CE102F642EDE219F44E2495CA263D9/

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/595848151493091190/9506EEB731F9B287B75089EF5C43E2593CD5119A/

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/595848151493106345/D8E8B2332EB999073AA6BD146228D7207C09AD3C/

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/595848151493283394/1F6A44A45B49A9C68AD886ABC152FD4DCD53650A/

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/595848151493497968/66108CD3B6A7C7500F8602C9C53E9A8D44DDBF07/

(Link to tool : http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=887940)

Quote from: Last.Exile on 29-06-2012
We are now trialing pac on all servers. Go ahead and try out what you can create however some ground rules:

1. No content that we do not support this goes for:

Team fortress 2, Day of defeat, Portal.

2. Player sizes should match your character description! Also preferenced to "legit" playersizes.

3. Don't use too many props! Don't dress up like a whore with the full works, it's going to drag the server down with everything it's rendering.

4. Make sure what you have is realistic, nothing in mid-air or something that breaks the theme of the server you are on. This goes for weight of objects you are wearing, extra guns etc.

Failure to comply with these rules may loose you your pactrust, tooltrust or you may even be banned from the server entirely.

Admin code of conduct for PAC:

Warn
Warn
Warn
Remove TT
Ban

==============================================
If you require any help in regarding S.T.A.L.K.E.R Roleplay or any other HGN related business, feel free to ask me or any other member of the HGN staff.

SF : |HGN-STSA| Dark Scar

TheAndyShandy

+Support

It seems to be a fairly simple tool to regulate, screwing around with it can be solved with some sort of whitelist system.
Warning, this news report contains flashing images.

Iam333

+support

As long as its not going to be abused and punishment is gonna be big enough if they will pull shit out.

Ari

"Where did you get the bushes for those ghillie suits?"
"We tore them from the ground."

+support for the idea of it, though it's been around for quite a while and I'm sure there are tons of reasons why it's a shitty idea.

BAMF!

+ Support

Looking like a badass without the description. Woo

nKe

Paralyzed

SRP Characters:
Artyom Fedoseev 'Ex S-Sgt, Duty' - Alive
Dimitri Petrenkov 'Co-Leader, The Rangers' - Alive
Vladislav Ivanov 'Trader' - KIA

Kelse

I'm nothing special on S.T.A.L.K.E.R. not an admin, a player, or even a forum reader but I'm trying to change that and start playing there, I also see no problem with this, so +SUPPORT

the permaban queen.

Lent23

"Mommy, when is Daddy coming home?"
"Here, Alex.. Daddy sent us a package.. The soldier told us that it.. might be a while until Daddy's done with his service. Don't worry, you'll see him soon, Alex.."
"He's always gone! I never get to see him!"

CC

Sounds like a pretty neat idea, I support this all the way; As long as people don't go overboard with it, of course.

StickyWicket

Remove their tooltrust if they act like retards.

+Support

Archangel94

Could make it an application thingy for it.

+ support

Rebel6609

<22:23:04> "Puffles": gofuckyourselfaggot
<22:25:12> You were banned for 5 hours from the server by "Cole" (For trolling)
Never in my life have I ever had to endure 9 yearolds calling me a banana picker, and then get banned afterwards for doing nothing wrong.
Promising Young admins.

KingArthur

We had this before, people just put penises on themselves.

deluxulous

Needs to be heavily regulated. Other than that, I'm behind it.

KingArthur

Litterally, you need to make a rule: ANY one caught ONCE oocly messing around with anything stupid, it is removed and you need to reapply.

meetdadoom

Quote from: KingArthur on 25-06-2012
We had this before, people just put penises on themselves.

Wait didn't we have it and had like a huge amount of people wearing guile suits?

[flash=500,30]http://www.youtube.com/v/9UousVNJaIM[/flash]

Vladimir Frost

Support, This would be a very nice addition to STALKER. It would allow for much smaller descriptions are no descriptions at all and force players to be more observational of players.
DUTY: Vladimir Ulshenov- MIA
TRADER: Alexei 'Limpy' Fedorov- Alive

Plunger

Everyone just makes shitty ghille suits and adds guns they don't have to themselves.

Khorn

Quote from: Plunger on 25-06-2012
Everyone just makes shitty ghille suits and adds guns they don't have to themselves.

Yea, strict regulation of the tool wont help one bit, it's just bound to fail. I mean, Plunger knows all about admins that can't keep up with abuse.

INA7HAN

SRP: Nicolai 'Thunder' Lagunov - Loner - Alive

jaik

It's true. PAC doesn't improve anything in terms of character development(implying anyone cares about it).
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

Dark Scar

And the people who make ghillie suits or gives themselves weapons will have their flags removed and possibly blacklisted depending on what they added to their character unless if they have a real good reason on how they obtained it and with purchase proof but Ghillie suits and cyber armour ect will be a no no;

For instance if someone gave themselves a ghilliesuit and a SVD they will face their flags removed and blacklisted from using the tool.

All the stuff which people add to their character will be checked upon so that said items are not 'asspulled', for instance if you buy a backpack you'll be able to add a backpack to your character or you buy other items from a trader you'll be able to add them to your character depending on their positioning if it's realistic or not and whether or not you got a technician to add them there.

Quote from: Khorn on 25-06-2012

Yea, strict regulation of the tool wont help one bit, it's just bound to fail. I mean, Plunger knows all about admins that can't keep up with abuse.

Why won't strict regulation help? We'll most likely blacklist people who are prone to messing about and/or have a strike against their name. And on that note I'm fully sure the STALKER admin team are able to keep up with abuse as we do have a good ammount of staff avalible, the only reason the tool was abused last time was because lack of rules on the use and the ability for admins to blacklist people from using the tool as it was a part of Phystrust/tooltrust back on cakescript.

Quote from: Jake on 26-06-2012

It's true. PAC doesn't improve anything in terms of character development(implying anyone cares about it).

That depends on the way you look at it, it would fit nicely with Exile's technician idea about suit upgrades and so on, you give a technician 3,000 rubles to add a series of pouches on the front of your sunrise and a few other adjustments. It will enable more IC item purchasing from traders such as backpacks and pouches which in turn can be taken to a technician to be attached to your suit and give the player a reason to have said model on their character.

==============================================
If you require any help in regarding S.T.A.L.K.E.R Roleplay or any other HGN related business, feel free to ask me or any other member of the HGN staff.

SF : |HGN-STSA| Dark Scar

Vortigoat

I like the idea if it's not going get abused. And Jake, Why is the server down...  :'(  4th GVC