No one is in srp or frp?

Started by motorhead98, 26-05-2012

motorhead98

This is one of the best gamemodes i have played and usally there are fucking 30 some people on now there is no one? is every thing ok?

Ace of Hearts

Welcome to the time of the mystical school finals. Activity drops, if only temporarily, across the board. Give it about a week, I'd say two at a maximum, you'll notice things pick up again as people get over said finals and some schools start to let out for summer break.

meetdadoom

Finals and because nothing ever happens on the server because no one actually wants to rp, people just want the loot therfore they all hole up in faction bases and never setting foot outside.

[flash=500,30]http://www.youtube.com/v/9UousVNJaIM[/flash]

Thanatos

Quote from: meetdadoom on 26-05-2012
Finals and because nothing ever happens on the server because no one actually wants to rp, people just want the loot therfore they all hole up in faction bases and never setting foot outside.
When was the last time you were on? I know for a fact that I have about three characters for passive. Only. My Freedomer is about the only person that STK's or STM's. And the last time I was on him I was reminiscing with Hitman about past experiences.

Meanwhile outside of Leshiy's door.

Adam 'Sporadic' Dominika - Alive | Squirrel - Alive | Jordan Redmond - Alive | Njal - MIA | Bowie - MIA

StickyWicket

When a faction (IE, Freedom) does most of their passive RP just relaxing, it can be easy to call them isolated. But people do RP, it's just nothing complex, mostly just chit-chatting and patroling. However, when there are no tasks to be completed and no threat to fight against, what else is one going to do? People can make their own RP, but without a reason to leave the base why should we?

It's the same thing with stalkers, and ecologists, and damn near everything. I think the main reason why this lake of RP and economic stimulation is because:

1) There is no need for people to buy basic necessities in order to keep their character alive. (Lack of  Food and medical trade)
2) There is no threats or mutants for people to fight against. (Lack of weapons and ammo trade)
3) There are paychecks in place. (Because admins and traders have a record of not being good sources of income for stalkers)

Sadly, most of these things are because of the amount of activity and players, script limitations, and general laziness. :(

P.S., Excuse some grammar mistakes, I'll fix those tomorrow when I'm not about to pass out from being so tired.

Paintcheck

You're out of your mind if you think hunger mod will increase RP.

Maxi96203

Frustration, new player feeling of isolation, unwillingness to get on server, it gets boring after a while.
ASSHOLE DESCRIPTION FOR PREMIUM™ HGN™ SUBSCRIBERS™ ONLY

StickyWicket

Quote from: Paintcheck on 26-05-2012
You're out of your mind if you think hunger mod will increase RP.
Errr, that's not what I was getting at. It's mostly an economic thing. There doesn't really need to be some sort of hunger mod like the one you're thinking of. But, the best way to get rid of inflation like we saw before the wipe is to make some sort of consumable that people buy often. And frankly, food makes the most sense to me. But like I said, it probably won't happen because,
Quotethe amount of activity and players, script limitations, and general laziness.

meetdadoom

No, it has nothing to do with the Economy. It has to all to do with the fact that there is a lack of things to do. There are no fears such as bandit gangs, mutants, military, or monolith and there are barely any jobs or events.

motorhead98

Yea, hungermod would be great. And fuck school mang, Im done with highschool. But any way im going to get on srp tomorrow better get on.

Vortigoat

I would be able to make more jobs if people would actualy buy things from me, I'm almost broke and nobody does jobs for less then 300-400 or so rubles. (Wich is alot of rubles since i just started as a trader)

Gonztah

A hungermod would suck. And it's boring because there's no threat and if one is about to rise it'll get assraped so fast by the entire server (most likely they'll meta bandits etc.) that there's no point. We'd need a huge bandit group capable of competing with some of the factions.

nKe

Quote from: Gonztah on 27-05-2012
We'd need a huge bandit group capable of competing with some of the factions.
Sounds like a plan.

Spades, you up for this?

Knife_cz

Quote from: Nik3 on 27-05-2012
Sounds like a plan.

Spades, you up for this?
No.
Not him just no.After what I seen last time back on thegarbage..

Maxi96203

yeah. huge bandit group stealing all the new players shit.

good idea guys

(not really that's retarded)

Gonztah

Why would a huge bandit group attack people who don't have anything to take?

Maxi96203

Why would a huge bandit group attack people who don't have anything to take?

glorious rubles comrade

Gonztah

They don't have any? Except the starter 500 rubles. My point was that there should be a bandit group that targeted high value targets mostly.

Lent23

So many people here, yet whenever I invite any of you to get on the server, you don't join. [sarcasm]Thanks for helping it get active[/sarcasm]
"Mommy, when is Daddy coming home?"
"Here, Alex.. Daddy sent us a package.. The soldier told us that it.. might be a while until Daddy's done with his service. Don't worry, you'll see him soon, Alex.."
"He's always gone! I never get to see him!"

Maxi96203

Well I don't know about you guys, but I suspect you wouldn't recruit lolbandits, and I don't think a lot of people would want to pay 20 bucks to buy themselves a shitty bandit character to join some group they're in.

I think bandits don't really hunch together much except for that one instance where they tried to fight the Loners. They're backstabbing and cold by nature.

(lent i think it's just because it's you inviting them)

Vortigoat

Fowks on this thread should join the servers instead of talking about getting it active

Agent Smith

Quote from: knife_cz on 27-05-2012
Sounds like a plan.

Spades, you up for this?
No.

Snipped, don't start shit. Plus its "you're" - ThY

Maxi96203

Well, to address the "FORP" part of this equation.

FORP has its own little group. Let's call this group the Cult of Spades. In this Cult, there are a couple people who are active, and then a couple people who hop on from time to time.

I think the main reason people don't join FORP is because of all the whores, Mary-Sues, Gary-Stus, and things of the like. I know that when I joined FORP after its canon change, it felt hard to get into any RP unless I was in a faction, which wasn't very long-lived because I saw that the faction wasn't the kind I liked to participate in.

It seems very scrambled, unorganized, semi-serious, and overall just plain silly.

FORP is the gamemode that takes its self seriously, but nobody else can.

EDITED: I left out the fact that it's riddled with metagaming and powergaming galore.

meetdadoom

Quote from: Maxi96203 on 27-05-2012
Well, to address the "FORP" part of this equation.

FORP has its own little group. Let's call this group the Cult of Spades. In this Cult, there are a couple people who are active, and then a couple people who hop on from time to time.

I think the main reason people don't join FORP is because of all the whores, Mary-Sues, Gary-Stus, and things of the like. I know that when I joined FORP after its canon change, it felt hard to get into any RP unless I was in a faction, which wasn't very long-lived because I saw that the faction wasn't the kind I liked to participate in.

It seems very scrambled, unorganized, semi-serious, and overall just plain silly.

FORP is the gamemode that takes its self seriously, but nobody else can.

EDITED: I left out the fact that it's riddled with metagaming and powergaming galore.
forp in a nutshell.

Knife_cz

Quote from: Agent Smith on 27-05-2012
Quote from: knife_cz on 27-05-2012
Sounds like a plan.

Spades, you up for this?
No.

snip - ThY

Whoever you are, as your last post is from "07-08-2008", probably some second-account.
However Ill still answer, no I do not suck anyones dick lol, without me.There would be no such thing like MERP, I think :)

And that is off topic anyway, and no.I do play on srp from time to time.