Major Faction Training

Started by Dug, 13-08-2010

Dug

Like the name of the thread says I suggest to leaders of the major factions to do them.  
They should be done very often because they allow members of the faction to interact with each other and develop IC relationships. I remember Welshy/Ganedor when I first joined Duty , there was a shitload of us new guys so he made us train. Eventually we learned to listen to him and we became friends as he ICly taught us how to fight.  The training wasn't once in a lifetime. It was every single day. Two to three times. All sorts of different tasks.
Patrols inside the base/guard duty/taking a break/etc etc. You can do anything you like just to make it fun for your faction

Your Training can consist of:
- Running around the base in laps
- Pushups and all other exercises you can think off
- Formation Training
- Weapon familirization
- Armor familirization
- Mutant familirization
- Weapon & Armor status check (line them up, check their gear)

Anything else you can think of to passive and have fun and develop IC relations.

Ping-Pong

Duty does all of the above.
SRP Characters-
Andrick Nesterov - Outsider (No Trace, assumed dead)
Typhoon - Loner (No Trace, assumed dead)
Tolga Ostrovsky - Loner (With his brother)
Marko Drubich - Ecologist Elite (Whereabouts Unknown)

Dug

That's good, but what about other factions? I mean most time you see military jumping around their base not doing anything icly until a fight comes up. I'm not being offensive here but that should be fixed, same goes for monos. Freedom is always doing something, I think.

Goose

We useually just chill in our bar but thanks for the ideas, will need to do a couple of these, Or suggest them to the rookie leader cough *Tom* cough.
~"Victory isn't sweet, Victory is the absence of the taste of fear and stench of death"

Bielecki

Your not expecting Monolith to do this are you? I'm sure you know why we wouldn't.

Ravanger

Monolith gets trained in there brain.

Dug

Worship the wishgranter. More passive, don't just jump around and talk in looc.

Welek

Quote from: Dug on 13-08-2010
Worship the wishgranter. More passive, don't just jump around and talk in looc.

Sounds like we need MattyK's transformer to spice things up.

Rebel6609

There good ideas.. and factions pretty much do them every now and then...... But its not fun to do a lot...

I've been in charge of these type of events, and i've been included in these type of events and passives. Doing IC exercises and running around the base, while waiting for stamina to regain is fun and all.... but it only goes so far. As for weapon and mutant and ect familiarizing.. Perhapes i'll throw up a military event calling all NCO's to get retrained in familiarization. Make them work with the officers you now? Like for ever 3 NCO's theres a CO training them. Like study groups sorta.

<22:23:04> "Puffles": gofuckyourselfaggot
<22:25:12> You were banned for 5 hours from the server by "Cole" (For trolling)
Never in my life have I ever had to endure 9 yearolds calling me a banana picker, and then get banned afterwards for doing nothing wrong.
Promising Young admins.

Dug

Quote from: Rebel6609 on 14-08-2010
There good ideas.. and factions pretty much do them every now and then...... But its not fun to do a lot...

I've been in charge of these type of events, and i've been included in these type of events and passives. Doing IC exercises and running around the base, while waiting for stamina to regain is fun and all.... but it only goes so far. As for weapon and mutant and ect familiarizing.. Perhapes i'll throw up a military event calling all NCO's to get retrained in familiarization. Make them work with the officers you now? Like for ever 3 NCO's theres a CO training them. Like study groups sorta.

Whatever works, just for them to not jump around and LOOC pointlessly. Let me know if you come up with something.

Rebel6609

You could try things like practicing formations. or running drills such as how to defend a outpost,  or how to capture one. Just things like that to keep people both interested and actually aware of how to do such said things.

<22:23:04> "Puffles": gofuckyourselfaggot
<22:25:12> You were banned for 5 hours from the server by "Cole" (For trolling)
Never in my life have I ever had to endure 9 yearolds calling me a banana picker, and then get banned afterwards for doing nothing wrong.
Promising Young admins.

Duranblackraven

Quote from: Rebel6609 on 16-08-2010
You could try things like practicing formations. or running drills such as how to defend a outpost,  or how to capture one. Just things like that to keep people both interested and actually aware of how to do such said things.

Ran kind of a drill today, first day on the job with mili. Made someone ragequit the faction. People are starting to think they can just lol about and they're acting 'Military' like. Today was a good day...

Dug

Quote from: Duranblackraven on 16-08-2010
Quote from: Rebel6609 on 16-08-2010

Ran kind of a drill today, first day on the job with mili. Made someone ragequit the faction. People are starting to think they can just lol about and they're acting 'Military' like. Today was a good day...

You don't need that kind of people in the faction then.
Let me get this straight. Not everyone is a killing machine who knows everything. Most people who come to the zone, don't know shit unless they get it with experience and train with some major faction.