Locked until Gmod 13?

Started by cptkickercutleg, 09-09-2012

cptkickercutleg

Now, I understand this seems quite simple to most of you, but this forum seems a maze to myself, I joined a while ago and was daunted by the amount I had to download, now, with a renewed interest and a better PC, I come back to hear this? So, some quick questions:

Does this mean the server is entirely locked or just to new members?

Where oh where do I apply for a character?

Now that Gmod 13 is actually out (admittedly as a beta), when will the server be on there?

Will I need to copy everything over, or will there be a workshop link?

Thanks for reading, I've just been a little confused.

Gonztah

The server is entirely locked (To my knowledge)

I'm not sure what do you mean where to apply. You only need to apply for factions and special characters.

I think we'll be waiting till it officially comes out. (20 something this month)

Not sure about the last question.

Silver Knight

Yeah sorry i have been meaning to post an offical announcement about this, i have posted in a mixture of threads about this but perhaps it needs to be clearer. Our STALKER server will be shut until gmod 13. There's too much to revamp in the little time we have until gmod13 and we will require a new script so it's not worth it for players to continue playing\revamp it when we would have to do everything again in gmod13.

Gmod13 has an ETA release date of the 22nd of September, i frankly think it may be longer than that as garry is not very good with deadlines and has recently been on a long holiday. If your interested just stick around and check every now and then. It will be worth it.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Spades_Neil

*necropost*

So Gmod 13 is late as fuck as we expected. EDIT: I am also an asshat because Gmod 13 has been out for weeks.

Is SRP going to be put back up until then? Is there a version being worked on for the beta? Or am I an asshat and the server is already re-opened?

Lent23

Garry's mod 13 has been out for weeks.. Why does nobody realize this? Also, the server is going to be down until Silver finds a decent script to work with and use for Stalker Roleplay.
"Mommy, when is Daddy coming home?"
"Here, Alex.. Daddy sent us a package.. The soldier told us that it.. might be a while until Daddy's done with his service. Don't worry, you'll see him soon, Alex.."
"He's always gone! I never get to see him!"

Spades_Neil

Quote from: Lent23 on 13-11-2012
Garry's mod 13 has been out for weeks.. Why does nobody realize this? Also, the server is going to be down until Silver finds a decent script to work with and use for Stalker Roleplay.

Well I guess that renders the point of my post completely moot.

Meh. Mods! Someone lock this thread up would ya?