Hunger\Thirst mod

Started by Silver Knight, 28-07-2012

Silver Knight

I scripted it because someone said it would be good but let's get your opinion before i do anything with it.

Cause\Effect:
You feel hungry\thirsty every 3 hours on the server. Needing you to eat\drink food and water. I can conpensate lack of food\drink situations with water\food resources around the map although several will be radiated and will give you radiation so a good detector could be needed to check the radiation levels on them.

What happens if i am starving?

You have 1000 points in food and 2000 in drink requirements. If you reach 500 in food you will loose some stats that you have built up. Reaching 0 will zap your stats further but you will not die. Thirst however will cause your screen to go blurry at 500 and 0 will cause you to die.

I don't think this system with these constraints will damage roleplay as the needs are over a long duration and will just cause further roleplay and trade with traders and give players more of a "survival feel".

The only thing i have not done so far is the icons which will show just like the radiation icon in the bottom right. Green, Yellow and Red.

Fallout can also have this system put into place.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Corocan

This is nice. Personally I like it because it finally gives food and drink items a purpose beyond roleplay means and low temp stat boosts.

Ragolution

Why don't we just make SRP into a Gmod survival server while we're at it.

Corocan

Quote from: Ragolution on 28-07-2012

DayZ blood system. Start with 16000 blood, lay some blood bags around for transfusions, make blood decals where players have walked so we can watch them slip and slide on their own blood and continue trailing them.

lolKieck

Trader's around so what's the point of a hunger/thirst mod?
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

Knife_cz

Quote from: lolKieck on 28-07-2012

Corocan

Quote from: knife_cz on 28-07-2012

Overly complex and actually gives food a better purpose.

Silver Knight

Quote from: Corocan on 28-07-2012

Like he said, it gives food a purpose, makes players trade more and gives a mutal reason to eat forcing people to commit to human instincts more while roleplaying.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Ragolution

Quote from: Last.Exile on 28-07-2012
Quote from: Corocan on 28-07-2012

Like he said, it gives food a purpose, makes players trade more and gives a mutal reason to eat forcing people to commit to human instincts more while roleplaying.

And suffer when Traders are offline.

People will hoard and re-sell for exorbitant prices when Traders are offline.

Tom

Port SRP to arma 2 and make it like dayz
Quote from: TheAndyShandy on 05-12-2013
Oh boy.
Strap yourselves in, it's time for the great 'obligatory' SRP resurrection of 2013/14/15/16/22

Maxi96203

Quote from: Tom on 28-07-2012

No.
No.
No.
No.

ON TOPIC:

I don't like the Hunger/Thirst idea.
It would lead to people mutilating their own bodies just to survive when traders go inactive.
ASSHOLE DESCRIPTION FOR PREMIUM™ HGN™ SUBSCRIBERS™ ONLY

Tom

Quote from: Maxi96203 on 28-07-2012
Quote from: Tom on 28-07-2012

No.
No.
No.
No.

ON TOPIC:

I don't like the Hunger/Thirst idea.
It would lead to people mutilating their own bodies just to survive when traders go inactive.

That was sarcasm.

I've always been against hunger/thirst systems for a reason.
Oh boy.
Strap yourselves in, it's time for the great 'obligatory' SRP resurrection of 2013/14/15/16/22

nKe

I blame Hitman.

HitMan5523

I'm hip! What are you talking about!

Gonztah

There's a few problems with this, first the lack of traders and second the sky high prices of food, if this is to be implemented we need to lower the prices of food, A LOT. (Last I checked sausage was 300 rubles or something like that.)

Lucky Pig

Quote from: Gonztah on 29-07-2012
There's a few problems with this, first the lack of traders and second the sky high prices of food, if this is to be implemented we need to lower the prices of food, A LOT. (Last I checked sausage was 300 rubles or something like that.)

This.

Rookies get 90rubles an hour so with these prices they would be losing money slowly to keep themselves alive, provided there are no other sources of money like jobs and these days there rarely are.

jaik

this doesn't have an impact on character development, so you're essentially making it worse, silver.
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

Steven :D

If I was still trader lead maybe we would have active traders?

nKe

Quote from: Steven :D on 29-07-2012
If I was still trader lead maybe we would have active traders?

Probably yes.

Dark Scar

This would be good because it actually has consequences for not eating anything (Most of you never roleplay eating food on SRP) this brings in another survival aspect of the zone, instead of running around the zone not having eating since the dawn of man. Yes people will sell food for high prices, but thats a con of being in the zone where good food is not a commodity because its not like you can walk into the local supermarket and buy a loaf of bread or some coca cola.

==============================================
If you require any help in regarding S.T.A.L.K.E.R Roleplay or any other HGN related business, feel free to ask me or any other member of the HGN staff.

SF : |HGN-STSA| Dark Scar

ThY

So if traders are inactive (which they will be), the population of SRP will slowly starve to death untill an admin shares out food to everyone? :s

Tom

Quote from: Jake on 29-07-2012
this doesn't have an impact on character development, so you're essentially making it worse, silver.

Lol yup. Other things are bad about a hunger mod but it seems like people are slowly stating many of the downsides of it.
Oh boy.

Steven :D

Next thing will be poo/pee mod from darkrp

Eat Da Poo Poo AUTOTUNE REMIX

nKe

Quote from: Steven :D on 29-07-2012
Next thing will be poo/pee mod from darkrp

I already suggested this.

Gonztah

Quote from: Dark Scar on 29-07-2012
This would be good because it actually has consequences for not eating anything (Most of you never roleplay eating food on SRP) this brings in another survival aspect of the zone, instead of running around the zone not having eating since the dawn of man. Yes people will sell food for high prices, but thats a con of being in the zone where good food is not a commodity because its not like you can walk into the local supermarket and buy a loaf of bread or some coca cola.
The thing is that the rookie population gets only 90 rubles an hour so they would eventually starve because they can't afford the food at all. And even better the current map doesn't even have paychecks.