Started by Silver Knight, 28-07-2012

Maxi96203

How about
Instead of circlejerking about: "HOW DO WE GET SRP ALIVE LULUL"

We make a big event
A big one
Compromising of the map
In sections

It's not some "COME DOWN IN THE TUNNEL, DIE, GET NO GEAR AS A REWARD" circlejerk that not everyone wants to go on.

Perhaps something that'd be cool
And intense
ASSHOLE DESCRIPTION FOR PREMIUM™ HGN™ SUBSCRIBERS™ ONLY

ThY

Quote from: knife_cz on 30-07-2012
Hey.
Hey.
I just realised.
RDA's are above SVs and all other srp admins.
Where are they? Why haven't they stated their opinion yet? Shouldn't they be on server when they are RDA's?
Are they even doing something?
Iron is inactive, Nitro is inactive, I would guess Ace is also - but i've definently seen him lurk around on the forum, so I can't be sure.

Oh no, I'm here. I just know better than to post in these kinds of threads.

~ Ace

Knife_cz

Quote from: Maxi96203 on 30-07-2012
How about

We make a big event
A big one
Compromising of the map
In sections

It's not some "COME DOWN IN THE TUNNEL, DIE, GET NO GEAR AS A REWARD" circlejerk that not everyone wants to go on.

And intense

And then what.
Event is over.
Everyone leaves.
No big change.

I think it'd be far better HONESTLY. if the inactive leaders of factions would be replaced by people who are INTERESTED in leading the faction.
Same with the traders.

Maxi96203

How about

We make a big event
A big one
Compromising of the map
In sections

And intense

And then what.
Event is over.
Everyone leaves.
No big change.

I think it'd be far better HONESTLY. if the inactive leaders of factions would be replaced by people who are INTERESTED in leading the faction.
Same with the traders.

My name's Freedom and we are SUPER SERIOUS
My name's DUTY and we are SUPER SERIOUS
My name's Monolith and we are SUPER INACTIVE
My name's Military and we are SUPER BORING

Knife_cz

How about

We make a big event
A big one
Compromising of the map
In sections

And intense

And then what.
Event is over.
Everyone leaves.
No big change.

Same with the traders.

My name's DUTY and we are SUPER SERIOUS
'Hey look thats a monolith, plenty of active people - OH look they leader just left - I HAVE A IDEA. Let's remove all the members and throw completly new leader - A ADMIN INSTEAD ONE OF THE MEMBERS!'
'Heya im a DUTY W.O. - and there's our new leader! Oh look what a surprise, HES completly out of DUTY too! AND HES A ADMIN'

No seriously. Stop throwing admins on leader places instead of highest-ranked member of faction. Or atleast ask if he would be ineterested.

Thats the main fucking problem, don't you think the current members are disappointed when they completly ignore them and just throw a admin in a leader place?

Maxi96203

If we want to replace faction leaders, this is how I propose we do it:

If you're an ex-*FACTION NAME HERE* member, or a current *FACTION NAME HERE* member, you can APPLY to be the leader, instead of just the "Pick an admin out of the hat" system we follow.

For example

Let's say David here, was a long-standing DUTY member, and enjoyed his time in DUTY, made a few friends, and RPd in-faction, and was active.

Let's say John here, was also a long-standing DUTY member, but he left, he HAD mad a couple new friends, and he RPd in-faction, and was active in his time as a faction member.

Let's say Garry here was an admin. He had gotten admin long ago, and was a long-standing member of the community, but was not very active on the servers. Garry was never in DUTY, and would like leader of DUTY for the sake of having leader of DUTY.

In the current system we have, it seems that Garry would be the most likely to get leader of DUTY in spite of David or John's efforts to grab ahold leader of DUTY and lead it to glory.

KingArthur

-snip-
so what your saying is, im leader of duty?

lolKieck

My name's DUTY and we are SUPER HATED
sorry I just had to

If we have to discuss SRP inactivity, it isn't admin team fault, nor player fault. Due to the very limited power of even CSV's, SRP timeline couldn't be changed and thus we were limited to the shitty, over-used pre-SoC timeline when we had more interesting timelines like CoP timeline or post-SoC timeline.
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

Maxi96203

Freedom wasn't supposed to be super serious like it was. The leader always made it feel like it was discouraged to do anything that was Freedom's trademark.

I was in DUTY back when Dug lead it, I guess that was DUTY's golden age, and I rather enjoyed being in DUTY.

I've never been in Monolith, but they seemed fun under Ravanger.

I was in Military, when I was on, they weren't, when I was on, they were.

Tom

If a timeline change happened we could go to a pre-CS timeline and drive the canon in our own direction, as keeping everything strictly to the video canon/timeline is not working.

Plus too making it just like the games/books limits creativity.
Quote from: TheAndyShandy on 05-12-2013
Oh boy.
Strap yourselves in, it's time for the great 'obligatory' SRP resurrection of 2013/14/15/16/22

Steven :D

Quote from: Tom on 30-07-2012
If a timeline change happened we could go to a pre-CS timeline and drive the canon in our own direction, as keeping everything strictly to the video canon/timeline is not working.

Plus too making it just like the games/books limits creativity.
Its already too limited right now, I'm pretty sure I posted somewhere about how I attempted to create an event that would push the canon slightly forward. It was never done due to lack of communication with certain people, hopefully that won't be a problem if somebody (god save this man/woman's soul) decides to do an event as well.