Hunger\Thirst mod

Started by Silver Knight, 28-07-2012

nKe

This change has no big negative effects ICly.
But OOCly this is a horrible change. Why?

-There's not enough traders.
-The only traders are inactive.
-Food price is too high.
-Paychecks are too low and will end up stalkers starving to death.
-Nobody gives two shits about making jobs so stalkers could get money to cover the food cost.

Knife_cz

Quote from: Nik3 on 29-07-2012

-Food price is too high.
-Nobody gives two shits about making jobs so stalkers could get money to cover the food cost.

Cross out the 'trader inactivity'
They won't go on empty server after all.Ï really belive if there are like 10 players that atleast one trader would join.

Ket

Hasn't happened yet.
(°╭ ◡ ╮°)

ThY

Quote from: knife_cz on 29-07-2012

-Food price is too high.

Cross out the 'trader inactivity'
They won't go on empty server after all.Ï really belive if there are like 10 players that atleast one trader would join.
You believe wrong, this is most often not the case.

Corocan

To those complaining I've offered some solutions. Maybe not the best, but hey, what are you going to do?

• Exile has already announced he will be leaving small caches of food around the map, so get your ass searching.

•    
  • Traders inactive? Obvious solution is to stockpile that shit up. Buy in major bulk when they're around.

•    
  • Prices too high? Welcome to the Zone.

•    
  • Poverty and hunger are common in the Zone. Sharing your loaf of bread or some slimy delicious diet deli can help two people connect in roleplay.

Ragolution

Quote from: Corocan on 29-07-2012
To those complaining I've offered some solutions. Maybe not the best, but hey, what are you going to do?

• Exile has already announced he will be leaving small caches of food around the map, so get your ass searching.

•    
  • Traders inactive? Obvious solution is to stockpile that shit up. Buy in major bulk when they're around.

•    

•    
  • Poverty and hunger are common in the Zone. Sharing your loaf of bread or some slimy delicious diet deli can help two people connect in roleplay.

Caches? Motherfucking caches? You know it takes about an hour to loot EVERY cache, right?

I ALREADY ADDRESSED THE STOCKPILING ISSUES. RESELLING. HUGE PROFIT. STARVING PEOPLE.

The other two points are points I would agree with.

Knife_cz

•    

•    

•    
Last time I seen some stalkers searching for stashes n artifacts around map, they were warned in OOC chat to stop it and roleplay. (I belive this would be the same : ( ))
And sure you can 'share' your loaf of bread, but only ICly, if there is something like a OOC hunger mod. Then it really won't help him.

jaik

•    

•    

•    

you seem to be new here.
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

Khorn

You could always introduce those incomplete NPC traders.

If that was posted and I missed that bit, I don't care.

Ket

We could lower the price on the actual trader market and put a random food/drink NPC at major faction bases.

Just like the ones from Crussaria. Make the food/drink from the NPC vendor more expensive.
(°╭ ◡ ╮°)

Corocan

Quote from: Khorn on 29-07-2012

Not incomplete. Literally came with OA.

/salesmanadd

SA only

Hop to it.

jaik

Quote from: Khorn on 29-07-2012

Not incomplete. Literally came with OA.

/salesmanadd

SA only

Hop to it.

we're not using oa and if we use that then we might as well as declare srp a dark rp or phase four since that is going to be the final nail to the coffin.

Silver Knight

-Food price is too high.

1. Yes that's an annoying aspect however would still not have a "great" impact on the food issue as i have already said i would place food and drink sources around the map, some would be radiated such as berrys, dead mutants or a water barrel. Although i doubt players would have to resort to such methods alot.

2. Same as above?

3. Have you been on srp much or do traders try and get a big profit?

Current Food prices:

Bread: 22
Chocolate:28
Diet Sausage:105
Tourists Delight: 56

I would say that prices are not high at all.

4. Paychecks are just to supplment finding stuff while your afk from the server, think of it as what your guy is doing while your off the server and it pays out when your on the server. Scavanging for items and such.

5. This is a issue that needs to be resolved somehow.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Khorn

Jobs are in general tough though.

Especially if you're the only one on with a bunch of players.

You can't include everyone, it's also difficult to pump them out for everyone.

Basically a trader can maybe at most make 3 jobs for a handful of players. Before they are out of money, or ideas. Fetch quests are dull after the first 2. And that's about the best they can make.

It's the same for admins. It's hard to pump jobs out to satisfy a whole server. Even the most well thought out job can be fucked up by a random player.

For both SRP and FRP, the original games had easy ways to make money. You kill and loot. You scavenge and hunt. Then you go and make money at a trader.

In our servers we are limited in our killing and looting. Most people want to keep their gear when they get killed, maybe drop a few small items. As for scavenging, it usually ends up in an OOC fest of players running laps around the map to find stashes.

That's a main issue with people and our servers, we can't re-enact the actual game in any way, or it would ruin the fun for other players that get in the way or 'targeted'. Since we can't do any of these things from the actual games, we limit what we can do.

I don't think this will help anything.

Kelse

Adding things to the servers won't help bring players, so we should focus more on getting the servers active more so than features right now.

the permaban queen.

Ket

Getting the servers active? Take a look around you. It's been dead for 2 weeks.

Ask an admin, when was the last time he saw players on. I know about 3 admins that spent hours on the server and nobody joined.

I'll be honest, I din't feel like joining either.

StalkerRP is just boring, it's not how it used to be when I joined last summer. Freedom was great, now it's just ...

I don't mean to be a huge douchebag, but SRP is pretty dead and you know it's true.

(°╭ ◡ ╮°)

Kelse

I know it's been dead for a while Ket, I don't remember the last time I saw people on FRP or SRP, and I don't like HGN's SRP very much at all. It's boring, overrated, and seen as the main server of HGN which I personally think is wrong. SRP and FRP are dead.

the permaban queen.

jaik

one solution

metro 2033 rp

Ket

Jake... don't even try...

No offence, but Metro sucks. I've been there, a few times.

It's like 30 people in a overcrowded tunnel talking and performing and you can't even tell who's who.

It's more gear and faction based than SRP is. I find it boring.
(°╭ ◡ ╮°)

jaik

Quote from: Ket on 30-07-2012
Jake... don't even try...

No offence, but Metro sucks. I've been there, a few times.

It's like 30 people in a overcrowded tunnel talking and performing and you can't even tell who's who.

It's more gear and faction based than SRP is. I find it boring.

It's not gear based if you focus on RP.

Kelse

Jake, it's dumb and always will be, admit it.

the permaban queen.

jaik

Quote from: Kelse on 30-07-2012
Jake, it's dumb and always will be, admit it.

:(

My hopes...

nKe

Jake pushed the threadtrain too hard and shit got derailed.

@EVERYTHING IS DED ZOMG: Yes, servers are dead because of Arma2, DayZ Nothing big ever changes.
And I do not mean stupid annoying shit like "/event Artillery shell destroyed NCR's HQ, LOL!".
SRP and FRP are just boring because nothing ever changes. Well, SRP has been stuck like that for couple of years now but you know what I mean.

PS. MetroRP sucks.

ThY

People panic and spam me in SF with "HGN IS DYING THY, CONSIDER ALL MY PLANS TO FIX IT". People also fail to realise this happens every year for about 3 months. This is not new, and will happen next year too if HGN still exists.

Anyhow, i've been on the server all day yesturday, and i'll be on all day today. SRP that is, i'm doing my part.

Knife_cz

Hey.
Hey.
I just realised.
RDA's are above SVs and all other srp admins.
Where are they? Why haven't they stated their opinion yet? Shouldn't they be on server when they are RDA's?
Are they even doing something?