How Can We Improve Your Stalker Roleplay Experience?

Started by Silver Knight, 02-03-2009

Lent23

I think a lot of people don't use guns that don't have viewmodels BECAUSE they don't have viewmodels. It seems like an easy fix, but still should be added to the end of the list, as Sticky said.
"Mommy, when is Daddy coming home?"
"Here, Alex.. Daddy sent us a package.. The soldier told us that it.. might be a while until Daddy's done with his service. Don't worry, you'll see him soon, Alex.."
"He's always gone! I never get to see him!"

Corocan

Blindfolds that basically blacken the screen of a player for things like kidnappings and prisoner interrogations.

andrewhatesyou

Quote from: Corocan on 17-11-2011
Blindfolds that basically blacken the screen of a player for things like kidnappings and prisoner interrogations.

This actually seems like a really good idea. I would like to see that in SRP.

STALKER RP
Lt.Ivan Kutz-ALIVE-Military
Vladimir Kutz-ALIVE-Merc
FALLOUT RP
John Serio-ALIVE-Senior Initiate

lolKieck

Probably most if not all players agree with my suggestion to add a bandit merc suit. And no you didnt make it to a suit Silver.
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

Paintcheck

Quote from: Lent23 on 17-11-2011
I think a lot of people don't use guns that don't have viewmodels BECAUSE they don't have viewmodels. It seems like an easy fix, but still should be added to the end of the list, as Sticky said.

View models are the hardest fucking part of making weapons. It's not an easy fix at all if there is no v_model out there already since no one in HGN knows how to animate/model.

Lent23

Quote from: Paintcheck on 17-11-2011

View models are the hardest fucking part of making weapons. It's not an easy fix at all if there is no v_model out there already since no one in HGN knows how to animate/model.
I know a little bit, I can try if you guys want.
"Here, Alex.. Daddy sent us a package.. The soldier told us that it.. might be a while until Daddy's done with his service. Don't worry, you'll see him soon, Alex.."

jaik

since no one in HGN knows how to animate/model.

dick

Don't bother.
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

meetdadoom

If you want to contain the player base for longer, finish the map please.

[flash=500,30]http://www.youtube.com/v/9UousVNJaIM[/flash]

Overwatch

Silver Knight

Quote from: Jake on 17-11-2011
since no one in HGN knows how to animate/model.

dick

He's right, you don't model, you port and do basic editing like me. (Your better than me though)

Don't bother.

Don't be a cunt, if he wants to learn, help out and improve his skills then Lent, go ahead.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Silver Knight

Quote from: Overwatch on 18-11-2011
/thirdperson 1
/thirdperson 0

Used to have third person, tricky thing is most third person scripts which, to be good, require alot of additional code and generally use network variables which is real laggy.

In short. Lots of Networked variables = buffer overflow. There are ways around it using other things, but well, would third person really improve your stalker experience?

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Overwatch

Another community on an OA script has /thirdperson 1-0 and it honestly does make it more immersive as you know where your characters looking, so you can compensate when aiming a weapon at someone, as you know when you aim at their head in 1st person, in 3rd person it looks like your aiming at their groin. It makes donating for models better, as you can actually see your model as you walk around, and it does buff STM a bit, as the aims never perfect, but makes for more intense firefights, this is from experience not speculation.

Knife_cz

Another community on an OA script has /thirdperson 1-0 and it honestly does make it more immersive as you know where your characters looking, so you can compensate when aiming a weapon at someone, as you know when you aim at their head in 1st person, in 3rd person it looks like your aiming at their groin. It makes donating for models better, as you can actually see your model as you walk around, and it does buff STM a bit, as the aims never perfect, but makes for more intense firefights, this is from experience not speculation.
You can use camera for that.

Overwatch

Requires TT, Requires app, requires post count, requires new camera every time, camera doesn't follow you... Cant fight with a camera behind you as it doesn't follow where you look ect... list goes on.

Everyone can use a scripted command that works and adds a nice touch to roleplay. And TT isn't that easy to get, last the last app was 16 days ago/close to a month ago and hasn't had a response, which is one of the factors that deterred me from app'ing for TT.

Lent23

Overwatch's third person idea
We could ask the nutty one for help, if you catch what I'm saying?

Overwatch

Quote from: Lent23 on 18-11-2011

Indeed, he could probably bring in a few coding revelations here since he threw the thirdperson up the day we nagged his ass off for it :P  and the new model textures, and the scrapping system, crafting system, new start menu.... Now I look back at it, we nagged him for a lot of shit xD

Lent23

Quote from: Lent23 on 18-11-2011

Indeed, he could probably bring in a few coding revelations here since he threw the thirdperson up the day we nagged his ass off for it :P  and the new model textures, and the scrapping system, crafting system, new start menu.... Now I look back at it, we nagged him for a lot of shit xD
Depends on if Chessnut would do it / if SilverKnight would let him / if Chessnut liked Silverknight

lolKieck

Overwatch's post about tt
AND WE WERE TOLD THAT WE HAVE THE BEST TT MODERATORS. At least Cobra checked and gave responses often.
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

Duranblackraven

I haven't done much forum related things due to college/midterms/endterms, but I like how no one used to pm's or 'report to moderator' to bring some attention to the subject so they could let it sit there long overdue to justify complaining about it.

Overwatch

Quote from: Duranblackraven on 18-11-2011
But I like how no one used to pm's or 'report to moderator' to bring some attention to the subject so they could let it sit there long overdue to justify complaining about it.

Quote7: Do not bother the moderators about checking your app. It will be checked when we have time to check it and add you to the roster. Bothering us about it will only win further delay or your app.

Violation of any of the above rules will result in instant Blackmarking.

Characters- And do not bother the moderators about your app. You will ONLY make them NOT want to check it. They will get to it when they can and not a moment sooner.

Sorta repels anyone wanting to bump/bring attention to it, you can't really blame us for not notifying you, when theirs a big rule that says "Do not notify us."

Duranblackraven

Quote from: Duranblackraven on 18-11-2011
But I like how no one used to pm's or 'report to moderator' to bring some attention to the subject so they could let it sit there long overdue to justify complaining about it.

Quote7: Do not bother the moderators about checking your app. It will be checked when we have time to check it and add you to the roster. Bothering us about it will only win further delay or your app.

Violation of any of the above rules will result in instant Blackmarking.

Characters- And do not bother the moderators about your app. You will ONLY make them NOT want to check it. They will get to it when they can and not a moment sooner.

Sorta repels anyone wanting to bump/bring attention to it, you can't really blame us for not notifying you, when theirs a big rule that says "Do not notify us."

Then don't complain when real life gets in the way of the internet.

I'll get to checking it ASAP.

Rebel6609

Rule of thumb:   
Wait a week for the moderator to check your application. They are people to, and generally older ones who go to college and work.

If application is not checked within 2 weeks time, NOTIFY a moderator via PM. A simple "Hey *Insert Moderators name*, It has been 2 weeks since I posted my *Whatever* and it has not been checked. I'd appreciate some feedback. Thank you, *Whoever the fuck you are*." Will suffice.

<22:23:04> "Puffles": gofuckyourselfaggot
<22:25:12> You were banned for 5 hours from the server by "Cole" (For trolling)
Never in my life have I ever had to endure 9 yearolds calling me a banana picker, and then get banned afterwards for doing nothing wrong.
Promising Young admins.

Duranblackraven

Get rid of the glowing shit on artifacts. It keeps admins from wanting to place them because they're visible five hundred miles across the Zone.

Lent23

Alongside traders, add official engineers that have flags to ICly modify suits and give the suits that are likes the ones I suggested in the item suggestion thread.

AdrianSnake

Quote from: Lent23 on 19-11-2011
Alongside traders, add official engineers that have flags to ICly modify suits and give the suits that are likes the ones I suggested in the item suggestion thread.

I agree with Lent...Technicians are rare and they would be useful.