Description text color

Started by Midgetonic, 22-04-2012

Midgetonic

Theres no reason for it at all other than to show that you have donate for flags.....

Please get rid of the different colors for the physical description text, if people care about the color keep it ooc. I ask because when rping a bandit in particular it is annoying when you basically are saying "hey I'm a bandit" just because of the phys desc color and are meta'ed because of it. It's hard to blame the person meta gaming becuase once again I am basically wearing a sign that says hey I'm a bandit. Bit of a jumble, but I hope you get the point.

Good day ;)

themutatedman

Corocan

Support.
Big.
Ass.
Problem.

Tom

Yep. Before in cakescript we had the description of the flag above the persons head, which was a little harder to spot than the giant bold grey text. I'd also support removing the "This person is in this faction" from the scoreboard as well. It would also cut down on the amount of metagaming.
Quote from: TheAndyShandy on 05-12-2013
Oh boy.
Strap yourselves in, it's time for the great 'obligatory' SRP resurrection of 2013/14/15/16/22

Midgetonic

Quote from: Tom on 22-04-2012
Yep. Before in cakescript we had the description of the flag above the persons head, which was a little harder to spot than the giant bold grey text. I'd also support removing the "This person is in this faction" from the scoreboard as well. It would also cut down on the amount of metagaming.

Didn't even think about that, just having one list supplemented by no char desc would almost eliminate meta gaming.

Khorn

At least, for human characters.

Tom

Quote from: Khorn on 22-04-2012
At least, for human characters.

Or just Stalkers/Merc/Bandits

Since it isn't really rocket science to tell that someone is a freedomer/dutier/military/monolith since they have uniforms n' such. Removing coloration from them may be fun too for different reasons.
Oh boy.
Strap yourselves in, it's time for the great 'obligatory' SRP resurrection of 2013/14/15/16/22

Frostee

Would also get rid of mega metagaming if a Military soldier is going undercover or something.

Tom

Quote from: Frostee on 22-04-2012

Would also get rid of mega metagaming if a Military soldier is going undercover or something.

Okay Major Degtyarev

We really shouldn't have "Undercover" military folks.
Oh boy.

Corocan

Just make a Regular stalker...

Gonztah

I support this idea.

Ket

(°╭ ◡ ╮°)

Ravanger

I am not sure about this I mean its a very good idea and stuff, its just I wonder how hard it would be for Silver to do this code and so forth without fucking up flags and so forth.

lolKieck

OR you could just ask the admin to change your flag to STALKER or Exp. STALKER.
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

Tom

Quote from: lolKieck on 23-04-2012
OR you could just ask the admin to change your flag to STALKER or Exp. STALKER.

Yeah. Make your character such that it starts out with the desired gear then have a admin flag you as stalker. Pro-tip: if you make a PBG it seems as though they are more successful as far as with metagame if you don't use the script for your various groups.
Oh boy.

Iam333

Support,
I would get rid of Duty and Freedom description colors aswell, since anybod can just point at that-sunrise-in-distance and see right away what faction hes in.
+ There are times when Freedom / Duty members take off their faction suits to be undercover.

Steven :D

Quote from: Ravanger on 23-04-2012
I am not sure about this I mean its a very good idea and stuff, its just I wonder how hard it would be for Silver to do this code and so forth without fucking up flags and so forth.
Its not hard at all, lol

Khorn

You don't really need to do that much. Just making the pop up description the same color for everyone would be enough.

Making the User List combined would be a nice addition.

Lent23

Tom, the wizard of good ideas.
"Mommy, when is Daddy coming home?"
"Here, Alex.. Daddy sent us a package.. The soldier told us that it.. might be a while until Daddy's done with his service. Don't worry, you'll see him soon, Alex.."
"He's always gone! I never get to see him!"

Ket

Yes, please. Making the Physical Description blank would help allot with sneaking.

cough cough duty
(°╭ ◡ ╮°)

deluxulous

Admin panel scoreboard should be left alone for obvious reasons.

Frostee

Okay Major Degtyarev

It was just an example, could be used for anything.

On another note, perhaps that the faction colors should stay the same maybe, and let the stalker/merc/bandit flags be all the same color?

Tom

Quote from: Frostee on 23-04-2012

Okay Major Degtyarev

It was just an example, could be used for anything.

On another note, perhaps that the faction colors should stay the same maybe, and let the stalker/merc/bandit flags be all the same color?

Undercover factioneers tend to piss people off for various reasons.

Mainly because if a Dutier snuck into freedom base and hung out there they wouldn't gain any useful intel (most of the time) it'd be pointless/fruitless and would be merely a taunt. (That being said, im not against it. But I'm not for it either)
Oh boy.

Visari

Quote from: Frostee on 23-04-2012
On another note,perhaps that the faction colors should stay the same maybe, and let the stalker/merc/bandit flags be all the same color?
I agree.
funny gifs