Character name question

Started by ☢Milk☢, 24-10-2010

☢Milk☢

Hello, I was wondering if it would be against the rules to name my character "Strelok". i have not seen any other people with this name, and I do not see what it would hurt. Also, I apologize if this is in the wrong section, I looked around and did not see a Q&A thread. Thanks.

N3gativezero

I'm assuming it isn't allowed, becuase people have gotten trouble before from having a name that was used by one of the major characters in-game.
To loot, lulz and SCIENCE!

Turkey

You are not allowed to use any names from major characters in the games. Like fang, Doctor, Strelok.. etc

Paintcheck

No you cannot use the name of a character from the STALKER games (especially not the name of the MAIN CHARACTER from SoC) due to people being like "lol I r Strelok and am unkillable" and stuff. Sorry.

meetdadoom

I find it funny because why not give him the name? We have plenty of LOL, I ARE SUPER NINJA WHOZ NONZ OFRAIZ OF BUWWETZ!!!! Why not just give them the names? <sarcasm>

To be honest strelok means gunslinger so if you want you can give your charactera call sign of the gunslinger but you would be just adding on to the lol superman ninjas population which is, if I am correct, about 80% of the population. 

[flash=500,30]http://www.youtube.com/v/9UousVNJaIM[/flash]

Turkey

Quote from: meetdadoom on 24-10-2010
I find it funny because why not give him the name? We have plenty of LOL, I ARE SUPER NINJA WHOZ NONZ OFRAIZ OF BUWWETZ!!!! Why not just give them the names? <sarcasm>

To be honest strelok means gunslinger so if you want you can give your charactera call sign of the gunslinger but you would be just adding on to the lol superman ninjas population which is, if I am correct, about 80% of the population. 

Including you.. cough

/it Alex takes ammo out of his trading menu in an stk fight to beat a mutant :( I am still angry about that. /offtopic

Here, Use this. Refresh if you dont like the name

http://www.behindthename.com/random/random.php?number=2&gender=m&surname=&all=no&usage_rus=1&usage_ukr=1

jaik

Strelok doesn't mean gunslinger, it means "shooter".
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

Turkey

Quote from: Jake on 25-10-2010
Strelok doesn't mean gunslinger, it means "shooter".

This.

QuoteСтрелок (Strelok) in Russian literally translates to "Shooter"

☢Milk☢

Alright, Alright. Thanks for all of the responses I just didn't want to make my character and have to delete him, or have him PK'd. Thanks for the help, Admins can lock this topic if you like. Problem resolved.

meetdadoom

Quote from: Turkey on 24-10-2010

Including you.. cough

/it Alex takes ammo out of his trading menu in an stk fight to beat a mutant :( I am still angry about that. /offtopic

http://www.behindthename.com/random/random.php?number=2&gender=m&surname=&all=no&usage_rus=1&usage_ukr=1

Umm...no I don't have any super ninja men, infact I only have my dutier who gets drunk alot and my stalker who I am going to pk.

[flash=500,30]http://www.youtube.com/v/9UousVNJaIM[/flash]

lolKieck

Quote from: meetdadoom on 25-10-2010
Quote from: Turkey on 24-10-2010

Including you.. cough

Umm...no I don't have any super ninja men, infact I only have my dutier who gets drunk alot and my stalker who I am going to pk.
You don't help stalker population like that, Andriy.
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒