5 things you wanted edited/changed/removed/added to srp v2

Started by Silver Knight, 04-04-2012

Silver Knight

This topic is simple, yet effective.

List here, 5 things you wanted edited/changed/removed/added to srp.

Example:

1. I think... that penguins should be added to srp
2. Bloodsuckers should have top hats
3. Add monsta trucks
4. Add monsta trucks 2
5. Add monsta trucks 3

That was a dumb example, however it gets over the point that things should be layed out with numbers, keep this on topic and serious please, i won't hesitate to give you a forum ban.

The original thread done by me was here: http://www.forums.hypergamer.net/the-cordon/5-things-you-wanted-editedchangedremovedadded-to-srp/

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Gonztah

1. Cheaper "Stalker" suits. Like a sunrise without a gasmask and low protection.
2. Perhaps self spawning mutants with corrected hitboxes.
3. Suits that give you protection from anomalies.
4. Agressive stalker NPCs with weapons?
5. I dunno, emissions? No idea.

INA7HAN

1. Cheap STALKER sunrise suit without gasmask with hood up and olive drab balaclava covering mouth. for 10k just like standard merc suit with same stats, stops to many lolmercs
2. NPC Traders to sell low tier weapons and all types of ammo for 2% more expensive than player traders.
3. Better hit boxes on mutants
4.If you have a detector on you and your near an anomalie depending on the scanner there is a chance of an artifact appearing (It would have to be thrown out a few meters, so you don't get killed by the anomalie)
5. STALKERS should be like a faction with a leader of some sorts at the spawn village, so we can organise together and fight off bandits if they show up.

SRP: Nicolai 'Thunder' Lagunov - Loner - Alive

Dark Scar

1. Armour and weapons condition degeneration.
2. Surplus ammo veriants for 5.56, 7.62, 5.45 and so on which lower the condition of the rifle more than normal ammo.
3. Cleaning kits for the weapons and so forth.
4. Attachments for rifles (if possible)
5. Equipable backpacks and pouches where you buy a backpack and use it and it appears on your character.

==============================================
If you require any help in regarding S.T.A.L.K.E.R Roleplay or any other HGN related business, feel free to ask me or any other member of the HGN staff.

SF : |HGN-STSA| Dark Scar

Knife_cz

1. Make use for the tools (More craftable items?)
2. Change the anomalies to stop destroyding items, it is fun to see people grabbing them from anomalies and half of them dying.
3. Fix hitboxes for NPCs? Like boar, dog...
4. Add rookie model with gasmask, sunrise without gasmask.
5. Add some use for artifacts, like Goldfish/nightstar gives you more space in inventory.

Iam333

1. Fix NPC hitboxes.
2. More variants of suits, so there wont be "herds" of people wearing same suit anymore.
3. Fix resistance to radiation / acid / fire etc. on suits.
4. Fix most of artifacts.
5. Degeneration of weapons and suits would be really great. People would actually look for mechanics to fix their shit.

Dragon

1) To add immersion, some of the Anomalies should be edited as such to be more like their Stalker Counterparts, particularly on terms of appearance and how they work, for example; the Springboard and Electro activate, but have a delay before they activate again. The damage should be scaled into three tiers as well. For example: Springboard Anomaly, Tier 1 (Low damage) Tier 2 (Medium Damage) Tier 3 (High Damage) Tier 4 (Instant Kill) for use of the Administrators, but should be visually identifiable by having more notable effects (AKA Bigger Distortions .etc). You should also make it so that the Anomalies deal the damage that corresponds to their type, so it can tie in with the Artifacts protecting you from Thermal damage, Electrical damage or Chemical damage.

2) Mutants need their hitboxes fixing, and their health and damage outputs should be modified to be similar to their stalker counterparts on MASTER difficulty (I mean, a single dog can take out a player in a few bites.. it takes a swarm to kill in Stalker) Essentially, it might also be a good idea to also tier some of the creatures (Such as the Bloodsucker) into stronger variants, like the Bloodsucker Variant and the Swamp Bloodsucker.

3) You should have the artifact system fixed up, so that players can use them to their whim. Of course, make the effects of the artifacts similar to the ones in the game itself (Not sure WHICH one in particular you may want to follow, but I'd reckon ShoC would be best). Of course, have both of the effects (Pros and Cons) work, so that using an Artifact may irradiate you, but will provide the protection bonus or otherwise. (Or vice-versa, removing radiation and instead taking another factor.)
I also think that tying in the use of detectors with this would be a good idea, so you have to buy an artifact detector to be able to see the artifacts.

4) You should add weapon and suit conditions if at all possible, so that you can tie in all sorts of various things into the server, such as mechanics and technicians. The suit's protection stats would degrade as it becomes broken, and a gun will begin to misfire more often and essentially be crap. This would help stimulate the economy as well, I bet. Alongside previous suggestions, I also endorse the addition of surplus rounds IF this is implemented.

5) The economy system needs to be fixed to be a lot more similar to the one in Stalker, I think. Right now, the trading system is borked, in my opinion.
"Is it just me, or have peoples' hands been growing out of their asses lately?"

Overwatch

1) PAC
2) Artifacts fixed
3) Anomalies fixed
4) Suit Anomaly protection should actually protect you
5) Recurring NPC's to make the zone less of a cake-walk so you can't sprint around from one end of the map to the other. No loot.

Knife_cz

Overwatch

Knife_cz

Quote from: OverPony on 05-04-2012
Quote from: knife_cz on 05-04-2012
Quote from: OverPony on 05-04-2012
1) PAC
Oh god no

You could put backpacks on yourself and whatnot.
And alot more than that.
Can you imagine it, on this server - where its about gear mostly?
1337-uber-awesome items on everyone.

Overwatch

It'd be slaved to tooltrust, and of course, the administration team can look after the idiots and remove TT from them if they blah blah ect ect.

Midgetonic

1.) Fix Mutants and especially the hit boxes.
2.) Fix the bugs that exist already......
3.) Add more variation to the suits. (EX: What happened to stuff like the french Merc suit...And maybe make the urban merc suit a urban merc suit or atleast different then the rest.)
4.) Make the PDA a useful item...(Like it enables you to /advert or /pm, just like a radio enables you to /radio)
5.) Make the artifacts usable, and fix the anomalies to maybe spawn artifacts.

And your HUD thread already looks like your working on that so I left it out.

Dark Scar

What I was thinking when it came to wearable backpacks and pouches I was thinking of something like when you equip a rifle oR pistol you can see it on your character and other players can see it too, something like this should not be too hard to implenent but then again I'm not a coder of any sorts so yea.

==============================================
If you require any help in regarding S.T.A.L.K.E.R Roleplay or any other HGN related business, feel free to ask me or any other member of the HGN staff.

SF : |HGN-STSA| Dark Scar

INA7HAN

Quote from: Dark Scar on 05-04-2012
What I was thinking when it came to wearable backpacks and pouches I was thinking of something like when you equip a rifle oR pistol you can see it on your character and other players can see it too, something like this should not be too hard to implenent but then again I'm not a coder of any sorts so yea.
The backpack could give you lots more space for inventory on you so you can carry more.

SRP: Nicolai 'Thunder' Lagunov - Loner - Alive

lolKieck

░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

lolKieck

Quote from: Midgetonic on 06-04-2012
what is PAC?
A tool letting you to put down various props on your character. IE. slung guns. When we had PAC, everyone kept walking in "ghillie suits".
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

HitMan5523

1) I really think we need anomalies that are like the ones in the STALKER games.
2)Good hit boxes for the NPCs
3)Suits help you with anomalies and all that jazz.
4)Suits without gas masks and some with gas masks. Examples:sunrise,merc suit, rookie suit, faction suits.
5)It would be amazing to have SUSAT scopes and silencers.
I'm hip! What are you talking about!

nKe

1. Guitar Swep wich people can use to play music.
2. Give old chr's experienced STALKER flags.
3. More suits, so i can be hipster of the zone.
4. More weapons, so i can be hipster of the zone.
5. Fix the damn anomalies, i hate the vortex/one wich sucks you into air, the fucker is 100% invisible when using older dx versions.

Steven :D

meetdadoom

1) New Map
2) PDA, that also has an image section with monster trucks and penguins and suckers with top hats
3) More Weapons and Suits
4) add more russian music to the radios
5) Some guns spaz out in a user's point of view when wearing certain gear. Might need to check that out.
6) I cheat but, change canon and instate new leaders for factions so players can have variations of role play styles.

[flash=500,30]http://www.youtube.com/v/9UousVNJaIM[/flash]

Zen

I really should use a quote... I'm lazy however.

Once upon a time PAC (or something like it) was used in SRP; It was later removed because it caused extreme amount of lagg for everybody, plus people were abusing it.

meetdadoom

oh and to be an asshole,

Qoute Paintcheck
"
1) Make
2) It
3) Fun
4) Again
5) Please

"

But I was thinking, why not take paychecks away from everyone except for factions and give Traders super high paychecks. This way they can give out more missions and then people will :D face again because they are actually doing things.

[flash=500,30]http://www.youtube.com/v/9UousVNJaIM[/flash]