5 things you wanted edited/changed/removed/added to srp v2

Started by Silver Knight, 04-04-2012

Corocan

1.) For the love of FUCK please make NPCs with a whole lot less HP. It took me TWENTYONE FUCKING BUCKSHOTS to take down a boar. That shit is unrealistic.

2.) Constant NPCs.

3.) More scavengable items.

4.) PAC with realistic attachments and constant surveillance of people who abuse it.

5.) Active traders.

6.) NPCs with automatically designed missions or NPCs that can assign missions and admins help set it up.

Like, A = Destination/Area/Target, B = Objective, C = Payment, ect. and Admins can make an NPC Mission Giver entity say a certain thing, while all along they're setting the mission up and watching the players closely, once the player achieves the mission, he/she returns to the mission-giver and the Admin will give that roleplayer a certain amount of rubles for the mission. It'd give Admins something to do when they don't need to roleplay. Or alternatively we can make it happen automatically, like once the trader is spoken to, 6 Bloodsuckers will spawn at a pre-selected area the NPC will tell the player about, once all those bloodsuckers are dead, the player will automatically receive money.

As for Traders, it is possible to make NPC vendors so they can sell in the place of the traders. These NPCs will have certain items, a certain amount of items, a cost for them, and a certain amount of rubles on them. We could also make them buy items, too. Like artifacts or ammo and when they buy these things, they add 75% to the price they were sold for and add them to the "Buy" menu. I've seen this done somewhere before, but I can't recall where, exactly.

The above is what I'd REALLY like to see...
Have fun, Exile.

Gonztah

For the love of god PAC is not needed in any way. And the NPC missions, meh. I could see that going horribly wrong with people taking the mission and hopping on a prop to avoid getting killed. Just grinding for the money. There'd have to be a time limit but even then people could be just sitting at the NPC waiting for the mission to become available again, killing RP. NPC vendors which sell ammo would be nice. Or even some low tier guns like makarovs, but NOTHING else.

INA7HAN

Quote from: Gonztah on 07-04-2012
For the love of god PAC is not needed in any way. And the NPC missions, meh. I could see that going horribly wrong with people taking the mission and hopping on a prop to avoid getting killed. Just grinding for the money. There'd have to be a time limit but even then people could be just sitting at the NPC waiting for the mission to become available again, killing RP. NPC vendors which sell ammo would be nice. Or even some low tier guns like makarovs, but NOTHING else.
PAC should/ Could be for people who have TT only

SRP: Nicolai 'Thunder' Lagunov - Loner - Alive

lolKieck

Quote from: INA7HAN on 07-04-2012
Won't change shit. There will still be people who are running bushes.
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

INA7HAN

Quote from: lolKieck on 07-04-2012
Quote from: INA7HAN on 07-04-2012
Won't change shit. There will still be people who are running bushes.
Thats when they get there tt removed

Gonztah

What is the point of having PAC? Please explain. I can't think how it would help an RP server.

Midgetonic

It would be coOl to customize ur char, but if it were added it should be for people with tt so if one breaks the rules it could be more easily punishable.

Iam333

For the love of God SRP doesnt need PAC, NPC spawns, NPC traders with quest or randomly generated stashes.
- With PAC people would start to asspull ghille suits or cars.
- NPC spawns would wreck RP while people are traveling, not talking about wasting all ammo. If you want to shoot NPCs go play Stalker.
- Active traders would solve need of NPC traders.
- With random stashes people would randomly jump around whole map like morons and economy would be fucked in month.

INA7HAN

Quote from: Iam333 on 07-04-2012
For the love of God SRP doesnt need PAC, NPC spawns, NPC traders with quest or randomly generated stashes.
- NPC spawns would wreck RP while people are traveling, not talking about wasting all ammo. If you want to shoot NPCs go play Stalker.
- With random stashes people would randomly jump around whole map like morons and economy would be fucked in month.
People who get tt in the first place need admin auths. If we had pac tt users wouldnt need those long char descriptions describing you backpack or you glasses etc you just add the item to yourself

Gonztah

No, it doesn't work like that. PAC is useless. Just use /charphysdesc. And the NPC mutants would prevent people from just running about alone like a derp hopping around. If you don't want to waste ammo then don't move around in the wilderness. Life is supposed to be dangerous in the Zone.

Iam333

No, it doesn't work like that. PAC is useless. Just use /charphysdesc. And the NPC mutants would prevent people from just running about alone like a derp hopping around. If you don't want to waste ammo then don't move around in the wilderness. Life is supposed to be dangerous in the Zone.
Yes it is, but its counter-productive when youre talking on the move and silent bloodsucker rapes you in two hits from behind.

INA7HAN

Yes it is, but its counter-productive when youre talking on the move and silent bloodsucker rapes you in two hits from behind.
Then you should have kept a eye out ffs the zone is dangerous not a cake walk. Its not like walking down your street danger is everywhere in the zone the npcs would get that atmosphere and feeling across

lolKieck

NPC idea is dumb. We have donator bloodsuckers for that. Oh wait, you can't even properly play bloodsucker because you'll get metagamed to death!

Pawx

PAC in a Serious RP Server? HAHAHA

Wait, you're serious aren't you?

PAC always ends badly in a Serious RP Server, From Notable experience

1. Enemy NPC's that roam the dangerous parts of the Zone (More Frequent). Fuck yourself if you think it ruins RP, It's a good thing for when there's nothing happening on the server, and a story to tell to others when Passive Roleplaying.

2. ONE Npc Trader - It's not extremely needed, but it's a good thing to have (Inactive Traders are a pain in the ass).  They could sell Locations of Staches every thirty minutes or an hour or so.

3. More Safe Zones - When walking around the Zone, you'll want to sit done, passive roleplay with others, and have some sense of Protection.

4. Better Coordinated Factions - Without some kind of Task Sheet on the Fourms or a Leader, your Faction Members will be aimlessly wondering their base. Give them something to do! Post a basic task sheet, post a set of duties for each day a faction member comes on for them to do (Factions aren't always fun and games.)

5. More Bandit/Raider activity - Give the loners something to fear when they wonder! Give them something to worry about and fear. The Zone isn't always going to be a smooth walk in the park.

One thing to add, Fix the Hitboxes for the NPC's, For the love of god....Please....

Five simple additions/changes ideas for Stalker Roleplay...

Corocan

The NPC shooting part is for the sake of the people who come here in need for Action. I hate to say this, but we cannot get new players on RP alone. We need to exert our need to kill via NPCs.

Trust me, I know what I'm doing.

Quote from: Pawx on 07-04-2012
5. More Bandit/Raider activity - Give the loners something to fear when they wonder! Give them something to worry about and fear. The Zone isn't always going to be a smooth walk in the park.

Midgetonic and I are currently helping coordinate bandits and encouraging their activity. We raided a mansion yesterday (With four bandits and three people, Lion escaped, so it was almost four.) and secured many items, which we sold back to unofficial traders, thus, giving them items to sell without the need of ass-spawning them everywhere.

Gonztah

nKe

3. More Safe Zones - When walking around the Zone, you'll want to sit done, passive roleplay with others, and have some sense of Protection.

Midgetonic

Yeah don't worry about lack of bandits cuz we are always watching.....;)

lolKieck

Quote from: Midgetonic on 08-04-2012

Kinda late, nobody has 200k now.

Paintcheck

Good luck with that. The amount of metagaming and powergaming that occurs whenever someone tries to bandit in server makes that die really fast.

Also we had PAC a while back and it was awful, everyone did exactly what people are saying (turning themselves into bushes, adding 78 pounds of "tacticool" gear to themselves, adding a bunch of weapons that aren't from SRP to their player models and saying "See I have a pulse rifle on my model therefore I can have it in game!" and all that). It's a terrible idea.

Midgetonic

Quote from: lolKieck on 08-04-2012

Shut up troll....We will keep the wealth in check from the get-go. (All talk we will probably fail, but meh its worth a try.)

Zen

Shut up troll....We will keep the wealth in check from the get-go. (All talk we will probably fail, but meh its worth a try.)

Oh man.. OH BOY... This made me laugh pretty hard.

jaik

Yeah don't worry about lack of bandits cuz we are always watching..... ;)

I don't think there's going to be much left of you if the robbery continues, however. The only reason we somewhat succeeded on our raid(the mansion one) is because we had every advantage you can get in that kind of situation(We outnumbered them and the bloodsucker was on our side, most of us had shotguns unlike the loners with pistols or rifles).
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

INA7HAN

Quote from: Jake on 08-04-2012

I don't think there's going to be much left of you if the robbery continues, however. The only reason we somewhat succeeded on our raid(the mansion one) is because we had every advantage you can get in that kind of situation(We outnumbered them and the bloodsucker was on our side, most of us had shotguns unlike the loners with pistols or rifles).
What?

Otto

Quote from: INA7HAN on 09-04-2012
Quote from: Jake on 08-04-2012

What?

It was in the back of the room harassing the stalkers while we were preparing to storm in the front.. no, it wasn't actually with us.