[Monolith]: Suggestions, Questions and Problems

Started by Bielecki, 30-05-2010

Bielecki

Post if you have suggestions for the monolith, questions about monolith or a problem with something in the monolith.

Use this example:

If you have a suggestion, type:

Suggestion: Your suggestion

If you have a question, type:

Question: Your question.

And so on, it makes our jobs easier.

(Edit by Predu.)

Bucky

Suggestion: I notice Freedom is doing seprate squads you must apply for, I would like to see somthing like this in mono. I notice rookies bored because nothing is happening in the COC and they long for battles or new gear, so I had an idea to spice things up a bit. Besides, Predu usually splits groups when we occupy the roof.

I realize we ahve Acolytes but...we have one active preacher and he already has an acolyte...

I think there should be 3 or four squads led by the veterans of monolith possibly these:

Ground Force: The baisic fighters of monolith, they fight on the ground and are the frontline and main force.

Spec. Ops/Recon./Tacticals: These are the snipers or the scouts, they typically hang back or find high up cover to suprise attackeds with sniper fire, or infiltrate bases and steal info. or plant explosives.

Trainees: This is a group from wich all emerge or dont, here you will learn to die for the monolith and you will be sent off in a path of your skill level and type.

Brutes: These are the tough guys who can withstand ungodly amounts of pain and punishment, they typically carry heavy weaponry, mvoe supplies, use explosives such as RPGs and grenades, and they clear out cover so the forces can push up.

Elders: These are the wiser more calm monolithians, they typically stay away form the fight and provide strategies, you cannot get into this group without first becoming a Liturgist.

Baisic ideas, POSITIVE feedback is urged along with ideas and support.

If thsi does end up going somwhere id possibly like to lead the special ops group maybey along with Duran, I dont mind sharing.

And maybey ahve Beil lead the Elders.

Possibly Hound elad the ground force, and if Duran ultimatley wants the Spec ops to himself I will lead the Brutes.

Mikhail

What about a squad of Engineers, because so far I've seen everyone in monolith build makeshift cover and thing without formally know HOW to build.

Bucky

Possibly...but note that the group should construct barriers or portable cover and stuff like that, other things can just be constructed because thats what your supposed to do in Garrys Mod.

lolKieck

Maybe Monolith suicides non-PKable ?
I mean. Not like you suicide in the base.
Like you are captured and can't kill anybody. Normally Monolithians tried to kill themselves to serve Monolith if they were captured.
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

Bucky

True, I jsut got to the aprt in CoP where the Colonel is explaining about the Monolithian who hit his head so hard against the wall it cracked his skull... but yeah, good idea.

Bucky

Sorry for the double post but, I had a question. What is the significance of being a Cardinal over a Preacher, does the Cardinal just get more say in things or does he have some special ability?

Ace of Hearts

It's a higher rank, meaning it grants authority over Preacher and below. Other than that... It basically means the person has been in Monolith for a long time, is good at their job, and their opinion is more valued because of it.

Duranblackraven

Question/Suggestion: The fuck is with Cardinal? I've seen ranks in factions that are unneeded, but that one takes the cake. Preachers are there to take control of the situation and become the 'leader' when the leader itself and co-lead are killed, or lost. Examples would be after the C-Con is killed, Preachers took over and guided the squads of lost Monolithians. There's nothing over a Preacher if the leaders are lost. There's evidence to show that Preachers are brainwashed with directives that initiate once the link with the C-Con is broken, causing them to take over the lost brothers and keep them together, and lead. The new rank is a redundancy, and makes no sense.

Predu

Alright then, I'll explain a little about the new rank "Cardinal". Preachers are basically ment to look after the members lower than him, I made "Cardinal" to look after Preachers. Not many can be chosen as it, it requires being very loyal, a very good skill in fighting and leading, and needs to be a very good RP'er.

On your "Preachers taking over if the leaders die", A "Cardinal" is the person who looks after which Preacher gets which leading rank.