The great MEETING of the mods.

Started by VonXeno, 28-01-2017

VonXeno

Alright, we're becoming a bit of a police state, so here's the deal:

Vote for three of the people on this list for who you want to retain their modship: http://www.forums.hypergamer.net/terraria-roleplay/administrative-roster-24590/

The bottom 2 votes will be culled. For obvious raisins, James will not be eligible for culling.

Here, I'll start:

Syl
Asgatrave
Gcat

EDIT: Since we have some obvious reservations about this, we'll change up our plan a bit.

I've come to see that many of the issues plaguing us are mostly a lack of direction for the server. So, my proposition is this; if you're currently on the roster of mods, use you voice to decide in what facet you would like to help the server.

For instance;
James usually handles advertising.
I'm mostly in charge of server and plugin maintenance.
Asgatrave handles maps and buildings.
CAM, while not a mod (?) Has been the only one handling events.
And we don't really have anyone to do the server's lore at this point.

While it's okay, and even encouraged just to be a well rounded mod, this will help us not step on each other's toes. You can always help in whatever capacity you are able.

So, for now, pick what seems the most appealing to you and let me know if you can identify any other areas that need attending.
I am not what I think I am, and I am not what you think I am. I am what I think you think I am.

Cross

My votes:
Syl
VonXeno
gcat64 (Myself)

I know it's kind of a jerk move to vote for myself, but hey. I'm allowed to.
-Insert clever signature here-

Syl

JoJo

gcat64
VonXeno
Syl (Why the hell not)
VERY QUICK EDIT: Just learned what a trial mod is. Swapping in Ches, removing Syl.
IF IT CAN CRAWL, IT CAN BRAWL

CAMaera

Quote from: VonXeno on 28-01-2017

Vote for three of the people on this list for who you want to retain their modship: http://www.forums.hypergamer.net/terraria-roleplay/administrative-roster-24590/

The bottom 2 votes will be culled. For obvious raisins, James will not be eligible for culling.

Here, I'll start:

Syl
Asgatrave
Gcat

Uhh being a 'police state' on a Terraria server isn't...a bad thing? Okay, reason with me here:

If there are more(trustworthy, active)mods, how is that a bad thing for the server? Wouldn't that mean people can just be helped more by the mods? I mean, the people picked to BE mods are usually trustworthy people anyway, so what's the harm in letting them help players who are not with their problems?

Look, if these people are not active, just cull them already. But if they're active, or if all of them are equally active(or inactive) I don't see how a vote could be useful except to make mods more 'rare' or 'desirable' due to a larger lack of them?

And wouldn't that lack of them just make players frustrated that they cannot be helped?

(Also you have a 2/3 split here of people who are mods and are not mods, respectively. Comeon. I have to wonder at the intent behind this because of the lack of replies and players.)

VonXeno

Quote from: CAMaera on 30-01-2017

Here, I'll start:

Syl
Asgatrave
Gcat

Uhh being a 'police state' on a Terraria server isn't...a bad thing? Okay, reason with me here:

If there are more(trustworthy, active)mods, how is that a bad thing for the server? Wouldn't that mean people can just be helped more by the mods? I mean, the people picked to BE mods are usually trustworthy people anyway, so what's the harm in letting them help players who are not with their problems?

Look, if these people are not active, just cull them already. But if they're active, or if all of them are equally active(or inactive) I don't see how a vote could be useful except to make mods more 'rare' or 'desirable' due to a larger lack of them?

And wouldn't that lack of them just make players frustrated that they cannot be helped?

(Also you have a 2/3 split here of people who are mods and are not mods, respectively. Comeon. I have to wonder at the intent behind this because of the lack of replies and players.)

I get where you're coming from, and you may have a point, but I distinctly remember this plaguing the previous servers constantly. One of the major problems associated with this is that if the mods are the most active player base, then that means most of the players are obligated to play on the server.

It may be hard to believe, and maybe it's just my opinion, but I think it's way more fun to be a player than a mod, and I want people to have fun on the server without having to constantly worry about its health. Plus, usually mod teams have to occasionally meet to talk about issues the server face, and it's much less dynamic when the roster is so huge.

When I first joined up, there were only 3 mods, and I felt I could ask my fellow players if I needed anything. And the mods were pretty active as well. I suppose you could say we were much more community driven back then than we are now.

The intent is to not repeat our old mistakes, but I do hear you.
I am not what I think I am, and I am not what you think I am. I am what I think you think I am.

Syndraell

Fire that James Alamsy guy. Does he even do anything for the server?

I'm just waiting to mess up your day. Honest.

Cross

Quote from: James Almasy on 03-02-2017

Actually, James, in all honesty the reason nobody's voted for you so far is because due to you being the head admin and OWNER of the server, you have immunity, so it would be a pointless vote.
-Insert clever signature here-

Ivy_Trellis

Here, I'll start:

Syl
Asgatrave
Gcat

Frankly, I'm with CAM. I don't see a reason to get rid of any of the mods. It just makes it so that there are more people to help others or keep track of troublemakers. There's no point in "culling" the mods, period. It's a real vote of confidence, though, that you guys think some of us are no longer worthy of being mods, though. Bravo. <¬.¬>

EDIT: Now that I'm done dealing with a puking dog, I can elaborate. :P

As a mod, what I've done is simply the same thing as I did before, as a regular player, except with more ease. I've helped new players get settled into the game, get equipment, find homes, and develop characters. I've built things for everyone, which has been far easier as a mod than it would have been as a regular player, because where else would I find something like 10000 sand blocks, miles of wire, teleporters, and so on, and forget being able to use the rod of discord, who needs that, anyway? :P

Another thing I've done is relocate NPCs when they get killed (stop leaving the doors open, dammit) and end up in stupid places... That's something I haven't been able to do as a regular player. Also, before I became a mod, I've had to contact mods when they were offline and problems arose. That was inconvenient for me and for them. It's much easier when I can just solve the problem for someone and just move on.

So, basically, removing people as mods will only serve to make it more difficult to do the things they already do, with or without the abilities. There's literally no reason for it.

My main focus is on the in-character gameplay. However, if someone needs my help, as a mod, I will be happy to give it.

VonXeno

Quote from: Ivy_Trellis on 11-02-2017

Here, I'll start:

Syl
Asgatrave
Gcat

Frankly, I'm with CAM. I don't see a reason to get rid of any of the mods. It just makes it so that there are more people to help others or keep track of troublemakers. There's no point in "culling" the mods, period. It's a real vote of confidence, though, that you guys think some of us are no longer worthy of being mods, though. Bravo. <¬.¬>

As a mod, what I've done is simply the same thing as I did before, as a regular player, except with more ease. I've helped new players get settled into the game, get equipment, find homes, and develop characters. I've built things for everyone, which has been far easier as a mod than it would have been as a regular player, because where else would I find something like 10000 sand blocks, miles of wire, teleporters, and so on, and forget being able to use the rod of discord, who needs that, anyway? :P

Another thing I've done is relocate NPCs when they get killed (stop leaving the doors open, dammit) and end up in stupid places... That's something I haven't been able to do as a regular player. Also, before I became a mod, I've had to contact mods when they were offline and problems arose. That was inconvenient for me and for them. It's much easier when I can just solve the problem for someone and just move on.

So, basically, removing people as mods will only serve to make it more difficult to do the things they already do, with or without the abilities. There's literally no reason for it.

My main focus is on the in-character gameplay. However, if someone needs my help, as a mod, I will be happy to give it.

There's literally no reason for you to take this personally, but...

Man this would have been some really useful input while we had a mod meeting, but for SOME reason, which I can't put my finger on, only a few people showed.

Maybe we have too many mods too coordinate something like that, I dunno.

If the majority of players/mods think that the amount of moderators is fine, then I'll relent, seems like it's heading in that direction anyway.

the_grub

Quote from: VonXeno on 12-02-2017
Quote from: Ivy_Trellis on 11-02-2017

Here, I'll start:

Syl
Asgatrave
Gcat

There's literally no reason for you to take this personally, but...

Man this would have been some really useful input while we had a mod meeting, but for SOME reason, which I can't put my finger on, only a few people showed.

Maybe we have too many mods too coordinate something like that, I dunno.

If the majority of players/mods think that the amount of moderators is fine, then I'll relent, seems like it's heading in that direction anyway.

Yea, Fuck the System
r u avin a giggle ther m8, il bash ye fookin ead in i swar on me mum

Syndraell

Quote from: gcat64 on 04-02-2017

Actually, James, in all honesty the reason nobody's voted for you so far is because due to you being the head admin and OWNER of the server, you have immunity, so it would be a pointless vote.

Well, I am the head admin, yes. But owner of the server? Eeeeeh.
Server is still graciously gifted to us thanks to Silver... He owns everything.

But hey, if someone wants to pick up and run the server, let me know. It's not like I can do much from my phone. I think even if my name was up on the chopping block, very few people would suggest it.

I'm not exactly the best server admin... But I think it's because I do my best to be nice to both newcomers and former players, it's more or less out of respect that I remain in charge. That or no one else wants my 'job'.

the_grub

Quote from: James Almasy on 13-02-2017
Quote from: gcat64 on 04-02-2017

Well, I am the head admin, yes. But owner of the server? Eeeeeh.
Server is still graciously gifted to us thanks to Silver... He owns everything.

But hey, if someone wants to pick up and run the server, let me know. It's not like I can do much from my phone. I think even if my name was up on the chopping block, very few people would suggest it.

I'm not exactly the best server admin... But I think it's because I do my best to be nice to both newcomers and former players, it's more or less out of respect that I remain in charge. That or no one else wants my 'job'.

I vote James for chopping block
r u avin a giggle ther m8, il bash ye fookin ead in i swar on me mum

Syndraell

#grubforheadadmin2017

VonXeno

Updated main post, have a reread and respond if you have anything useful to say.

Syndraell

Quote from: VonXeno on 18-02-2017
Updated main post, have a reread and respond if you have anything useful to say.

Kangaroo dicks are upside down.