General Rant. Another Sad day for our hard work.

Started by Silver Knight, 04-04-2011

Silver Knight

Well, this is something that i should have said awhile back but it's easier to let things breeze by. I'm practically transparent when it comes to management in HGN because I'm always developing something than looking over and keeping the network-in-track. To sum this rant up. I'm moving onto a full time job soon, I've postponed that part of my life to work on HGN for the past few weeks, alot of members were annoyed that i couldn't find the time to work on fallout roleplay, So after my apprenticeship finished i worked on it and got it up, sure it's not bad, probably one of the most developed servers out there for roleplay.

I'm proud of what I've worked on so far however there are lots of underlying issues still to hit on the head with it, such as recruitment and new players but ill talk about all this at another time.

I figured i would take alook at ggls content pack and what do i find, all of our content, they just hexed them to hide the HGN tag but didn't bother with the materials. Alot of hard work was done to put together so many of these packs, now and before we did srp in HGN and for what. For our first lot of content to bounce from HGN to paradox to tnb and to them and then they steal directly from us?

I used to think having necropolis as a community was bad because it was practically a troll hive and the dislike towards tnb is generally brought around by them jumping on our gamemode's success. But ggl take the piss beyond all measure, they spawned because of tnbs failure of management and with it they had a good script, good content and started using our hard-developed maps. All our content is in their pack, new or old, anything that had hgn in it's path they just hexed out although the material folders are the same. Such a dis-respectful community as that should not exist beyond any measure. But it does and funny enough they are taking another shot-right at tnb because now they are doing terminator roleplay- irony? Yeah sure.

One can hope a community will die, let's hope it's them, they can't last on other peoples hard work forever, they have amatuers for developers and without tnbs support their development sector is nill to none. Ive spent well over 3 years of my life now working on stalker roleplay and if anyone should be pissed off with any of this crap, it's me, sure i didn't make stalker and most content we have, we ripped, ported or got from external sources. But that's still a-hella lot of work, that's not including mapping hours or management.

SRP needs to re-adapt and attract more players, that much is true, i keep turning a blind eye to srp hoping someone will take the initiative and do something, but no one ever does, your like sheep, you all huddle around me and expect me to do everything and i just can't do everything, no matter how hard i try, and boy do i spend so many hours developing new shit. Commisar and Dug have both notably declared idea's to help her get back into gear but just because you outline something, doesn't mean you can be active enough to see it through and srp's flaw is not script, map or content flaws, it's lack of new players and lack of admins who actually want to make it some place people want to play.

It's simple, event, get along, no bullshit, no "abuse". Do i really have to treat admins i hire like children and write a huge can and cannot do's list? If you want the truth i practically try to avoid every piece of edrama that slides my way and pretend it's alright but it's really not, I've kept doing that for so long and it's just getting stupid because I'm the centre point here and the sad truth is shit does not happen if i don't do it myself. I would absolutely adore and love some actual help managing this community instead of soloing it and having a bunch of sheep nod or shake their head and bicker amongst each other.

To put it simply, shit needs to change, get more organised and some people need to take on more responsibility because i cannot keep doing this by myself. That goes for management of teamspeak, servers, forums, website, dedicated box, development, recruitment of members, deployment of HGN. Everything. The only question left, is who and where. I know a fair number of members who are hellbent on personal gain and that alone. Ive met enough people and experienced enough trolls, assholes, cunts, whiners and power hungry kids to know who's who these days.

That's all for now, that's my open, piece of mind.

/rant

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Knife_cz

I have been on GGL srp,their trader scammed me ? O_o?-and yes,it was official trader.Anyway,its your content,you did good job and maybe without you nobody would start stalker rp ever,you as a community owner,cant you talk with them?or i dont know,but they should not "steal" and take most of people on their server.

I hope i dont talk shit here,but its yours,you "teoreticaly" own it.

Ralazo

Most of us know the amount of work you do Exile.
It's a lot, scripting, mapping, managing a community.

What we need is new members, HGN offers a lot, from HL2RP to FORP.
Not to forget our Minecraft server, SRP.
I highly suggest you to use that list I gave you and work on further from that.

Silver Knight

Quote from: knife_cz on 04-04-2011
I have been on GGL srp,their trader scammed me ? O_o?-and yes,it was official trader.Anyway,its your content,you did good job and maybe without you nobody would start stalker rp ever,you as a community owner,cant you talk with them?or i dont know,but they should not "steal" and take most of people on their server.

Your no longer banned on srp are you?

Zstan

Quote. That goes for management of teamspeak, servers, forums, website, dedicated box, development, recruitment of members, deployment of HGN. Everything
Are you trying to get me to donate again?

As for these ggl people, the only thing we can do as a community is let them die on their own (there are alternatives obviously but as a serious community we won't resort to that) it would be immature and childish if every member at HGN suddenly attacked ggl (even though they are thieves that deserve to die by castration).

QuoteIt's simple, event, get along, no bullshit, no "abuse". Do i really have to treat admins i hire like children and write a huge can and cannot do's list?

I agree. My main reason for not (barely maybe barely) playing on SRP or FRP is the admins. They are terrible at everything that makes someone an admin and are general dickwads to everyone, example:
New Guy: "Hi, how do I play SRP?"
Adminge: "Fuck off Guy, I'm doing something thats more important than your petty plebeian problems."
(I'm exaggerating  but you get the point)
Ofcourse there are some admins that are great at their jobs and deserve to keep their jobs. (not naming anyone)
I suggest remaking the admin team and give the positions to people that deserve it.

If advertisement is what you want Exile, I'm sure we can provide.
But I don't think it's HGN that really lacks members, it's Gmod. It's been what? 5 years since Gmod has been released? People have gotten bored of it and have probably moved on to other games.
I think we should branch out from Gmod and explore other games.

There's not really anything else to say rather than: fuck those ggl kids.

Pink!

Quote from: Zstan on 04-04-2011
But I don't think it's HGN that really lacks members, it's Gmod. It's been what? 5 years since Gmod has been released? People have gotten bored of it and have probably moved on to other games.

That point cannot be accurate, Garry's Mod has actually increased in sales over the years.

(Also, I completely agree with Last Exile's points - the lack of administrative influence, or just anything happening... I try to make things happen, but I can only do so much.)

For various reasons, I'm not at HGN much any more.
I'll see you all around, though, some time...

Bielecki

I appreciate the work you do Exile, I really do. You spend a ridiculous amount of time on your work, and you get it out fast which really shows true dedication. Sometimes I disagree with some of your design choices, but other than that you're doing fantastic work and you shouldn't let thief's bring you down. 

Through my time spent at HGN I always thought you wanted everyone to go through you before they make a change, but looking at what you just said I see that isn't true. I'm sure the admin team can make more of an effort now, some in particular have really been helping out on the server to make it fun.

While I still disagree with you a bit on how SRP is flawed, I see your point. Some admins are the cause of the majority of the drama and insane competition that damages the server, so I think you need to draw the line and remove those few from the team.

Knife_cz

Quote from: Last.Exile on 04-04-2011
Quote from: knife_cz on 04-04-2011

Your no longer banned on srp are you?

I am banned.

Zstan

Quote from: Pink! on 04-04-2011

That point cannot be accurate, Garry's Mod has actually increased in sales over the years.

(Also, I completely agree with Last Exile's points - the lack of administrative influence, or just anything happening... I try to make things happen, but I can only do so much.)

And...?

Just because a game has alot of sales doesn't mean people play it.

lolKieck

Mostly the recent influx of new players (of GMod) results in admins being TOO busy to teach the new players.
We need some guides, I can write one if I'd have enough time.
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

Zstan

Quote from: lolKieck on 04-04-2011
Mostly the recent influx of new players (of GMod) results in admins being TOO busy to teach the new players.

WHAT.

If admins are too busy to handle being an admin then they need to get the fuck off the admin team.

Honestly, we don't need another guide. We have 9000 of them and they all say about the same thing.
If anything we need (actual real life people, not text) guides to instruct new players.

jaik

No, we don't have a general roleplaying guide.
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

lolKieck

WHAT.

If admins are too busy to handle being an admin then they need to get the fuck off the admin team.

Honestly, we don't need another guide. We have 9000 of them and they all say about the same thing.
If anything we need (actual real life people, not text) guides to instruct new players.
FORP nor HL2RP don't have a general RPing guide. I'm saying also that they are too busy handling new players, so many of them do not get too much RPing experience. Not everyone can multitask like 5 things at the same time.

Ragolution

WHAT.

FORP nor HL2RP don't have a general RPing guide. I'm saying also that they are too busy handling new players, so many of them do not get too much RPing experience. Not everyone can multitask like 5 things at the same time.

Thanks Kieck, you put it more politely than I ever could have.
It's all a balancing act and whereas it doesn't make us sweat, it's still a strain when most of the admins are faction leaders.

Silver Knight

I will be making intro menu's which popup when you make a character soon. SRP will either get a panel or pda.

Roy

Wether or not your an admin and faction leader it is everyone's responsibility when comes to helping new players
All it takes is 5 minutes and you could get someone new into the game.
New Player:Hey I'm new can I get help?
HGN Member:Umm yes tell me where you are.
New Player:I'm at the spawn.
HGN Member:Ok Give me a minute and I'll be there.
New Player: *Zelda Chest Music*and is now a enjoyed new member of the RP community

I'll be honest I'm not good at RP but I try to help new players or point them at people who can(Usually Rebel or Killa or another admin on)

darkzerxx

I glad to say that the people who are on(Which is usally 5-7 loyal SRP mainly players) Have seen what 1-3 new players not to mention trying to get more people join HGN and enjoy the serves(And be honest look at other servers: Troll count = to infinty and beyond). Our admins may not be the best but there are a few that actualy stay on to give the people a fun event or 2 before they head off for the night. I just glad to see SRP is slowly coming back one player at a time.
Ex-Duty-converted Monolith:|Draco 'Dice' stellem|Decease
Stalker/Trader:|Dracovich Raka|Alive
Eco:|Dr.Richard L. Vangraff|In zone
Stalker:|Scarler 'becca' Owen|Alive
Ex-freedomer-duty:|Levi'Fox'Krillen|Alive
Stalker:|Taylor 'trinity'|Alive
Sucker:|Hunter|Alive
Military:|Scarlet Stroik|alive

Steven :D

deluxulous

TL;DR: get your shit together and quit fucking around.

I have half a mind to apply for a management position again and try to set an example...

Recreas

Wouldn't it be better to just but put one SV that you fully trust in charge of the whole server, he does every kind of administrational work that you would be doing now. So that you no longer have to keep an eye on all of us little kids playing on the playground and can focus on other things like development and etc.

And well, I hate it to hear that people are stealing what you worked hard for but that's the disadvantage of Capitalism. It's full with thieves and other scumbags that profit from your hard work. (No I'm not a communist)

So yea just people one man in charge of one server, just like Sharrock/Ace are doing now with HL2RP. And I don't know if you guys noticed but that server is running quite well.
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves

Khorn

Only thing I'm annoyed with right now is that some admins are still giving themselves trader flags.

No one had been accepted or denied yet as far as I know. But making random characters with trader flags makes it pointless to have applications.

Is there not a rule about admins have to follow the rules just like players do?

Recreas

Quote from: Khorn on 04-04-2011
Only thing I'm annoyed with right now is that some admins are still giving themselves trader flags.

No one had been accepted or denied yet as far as I know. But making random characters with trader flags makes it pointless to have applications.

Is there not a rule about admins have to follow the rules just like players do?

As I said, you should put one guy in charge of the whole server. That knows the rules and follows them, because I'm afraid Exile isn't all-seeing,
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves

Plunger

Silver  I know you are just trying to h help, but you need to let people like Tom, do their job

lolKieck

Lowering the power of admins is useless when you still have those who abuse. It's not a bad idea, but still, you should try to hurt the abusers, rather than everyone.

Smirnoff

I honestly have yet to see admin abuse, atleast on SRP.
sure, ive seen admin's being asses to people a few times, but no abuse
"|HGN| G-Man: Dont know what loli is, but i'd lie if I said I havn't seen some of that hentai stuff."